Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo picked, who should I get to do it?

Options
  • 10-11-2014 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭

Picked out these pictures as the kind of tattoo I want. Any recommendations where or who I should get to do it?

Don't mind traveling to any particular county if an artist is really good at this kind of thing.

It's also my first tattoo so Id rather go to someone/somewhere not too intimidating if possible.

Also anyone a rough idea how much it would cost on my forearm about the size in the pic?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

You would need to check out a few different artists portfolios and make a decision for yourself. My idea of a great artist may not be yours if you know what I mean. The price depends on the tattoo studios price per hour, for example the first tattoo I got the studio charged €80 per hour, the others have been €100 per hour and upwards. Studios in bigger towns and city's will cost more. As a rule cheaper does not mean better, you need to have a consultation with a tattoo artist whose personality and work you like. If you get an artist with a bad personality you're not going to enjoy the experience.
    Good luck with your first tattoo, you'll soon be booking your second :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Thanks for your reply.

Tbh I wouldnt know a good artist really but ill have a look.
    Was just wondering did anyone have experience of getting something like this or someone who is good at this kind of thing,

I definitely wont skimp on cost and dont mind what it costs once its done deadly.
    Im living in Wexford so ill kinda have to talk to someone via email if its going to be Dublin or Galway or somewhere because once I travel there I just want to get it done.

Cheers hope you're right, been putting off getting one done for years but im doing it this time for sure!! :)

I don't have any experience with any artists in Dublin or Galway but I'm sure other posters will give you better information.

I remember my first tattoo a few years ago, it's the initial making the appointment that's the most daunting but you'll be so glad you did :) once you find a good artist you'll be more comfortable going back to them, my latest tattoo took 13 hours and two sittings to complete and my artist was fantastic throughout!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

anyone it's just text

anyone it's just text

The OP wants a fantastic tattoo not a wobbly scribble, he/she can't just go to anyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Yeah im just looking for a reputable artist/studio that I can confidently got to and not have any regrets.
    Dublin preferably, im searching threads myself at the moment as well.

Forgot to mention actually does anywhere have private rooms because a few studios look kinda open plan and id rather not have other people around for my first one.

Most studios will have screens to block you from the public if they don't have private rooms.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

I got a text/font tattoo on my forearm done by Fran at Zulu Tattoo in Dublin (I posted it in the I'll Show You Mine thread here). I checked out a couple of artists before I decided he was the right one for the job. My tattoo also has some artwork that he designed by hand based on some reference photos I brought him. He was great about taking his time and making sure I was happy with it.

That said, I think the other posters are right. Shop around, look at different studios and check out their artwork. They should always have a portfolio to show you. A quick consultation is usually free so you can go in, talk with the artist and see if you click and you like the studio/shop.

Advertisement