Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATM Bootup

Options
  • 14-03-2003 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭

Just after seeing an atm in Blackrock boot up :D

The atm started by going through the bios boot up screen then a blue screen with this writing on top. "Service pack 5, 128mb" and some other stuff, just like windows nt does. Then it went on to show the windows nt logo and up came the desktop. The desktop stayed on for a few seconds then it began to run what i think was a bat file. I recall it was trying to start the atm sofware but the screen just went blank after that.

Was walking past it again coming back from lunch and the atm was showing a temporarily out of order sign!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭oneweb

I saw one of those too. The Bank of Ireland one in Finglas. It was actually the first morning of the €uro in circulation (01/01/02). It was odd looking at it go through the paces. I can't recall the details of the bootup (I jotted them down tho - will try to find them later) but I do remember it blanking out for a good few seconds in the process.

Also, saw one of those nifty Eircom touchscreen phones that got stuck on bootup (or maybe a STOP error) It was running Windows NT5(win2k) I think.

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

A few months ago I watched a temporary ATM station outside the BOI on College Green boot to DOS (I **** you not) and run something like 'loader.exe' from the autoexec.bat. There was some guy using the ATM beside it watching me watching it, probably thought I was a loon when I started giggling at it.

Now to find a way to provide input through the card slot... (a la John Connor) :p

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭spod

what about the red dot-matrix scrolling display in that chemists on the bridge end of O'Connell st which displays various dos environment variables and serial port settings after the messages about late night opening and 24 hour photo developing...

• Advertisement

Originally posted by spod
    what about the red dot-matrix scrolling display in that chemists on the bridge end of O'Connell st which displays various dos environment variables and serial port settings after the messages about late night opening and 24 hour photo developing...

Is it still doing that? Jayney, it's been doing it since at least Christmas!

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Originally posted by daveirl
    Could be worse....

bsod-1.jpg
    priceless

I like it! :D

It is what it's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

daveirl, the same thing happened to the big advertising screen above Patricks Bridge. Friend saw it go through scandisk, then boot into NT, someone enters a username and password, starts powerpoint and runs a slideshow which had the ads.

Strange.

• Advertisement
Advertisement