Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drum kit advice

Options
  • 24-12-2004 10:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭

Im thinking of purchasing a drumkit after christmas for myself. Something basicz and on the lower end of the price scale. its just for practice and jamming myself really. Ive been looking online and it seems Sonar have some nice kits on the lower end of the scale. as do Premier. I like premier gear personally but its years since i used it. Whats sonar like?
    Also i like a real tight kick drum sound and ive seen Some kits with 18" Kick drums, are there any disadvantages to these? or is it just personal preference.
    If anyone has any links etc send them on.
    Im reluctant about buying Pearl Forum as they dont look the may west

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,938 ✭✭✭fitz

What's the budget?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

around the 500 Mark or so. Not really looking for Cymbals etc but they would be an added bonus. If its any help, i dont need a kick pedal or Snare either. but again, they would be an added bonus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

From Buy And Sell : Pearl Export 4 piece.Cymbals not incl, ideal for beginner, #350. Contact: 086-1075505.

Pearl Export Drumkit.5pce, with 3 cymbals & stands, & hi hats, #550. Contact: 087-6479092.

Pearl Export Select.14"" snare, 12', 13"", 14"", & 16"", toms, 22"" bass drum, mounting systems, snare stand, sell #550. Contact: pauldooley@campus.ie / 0857200059 eves045-877851.

Remo Drum Kit.Good cond, 12/14/16 toms, 14 snare, 22 bass Ziligian hi-hats, Pearl crash and all hw, #400 ono. Contact: Ph after 4pm045-524354.

Premier Olympic Drum-Kit.5 pce, blue pearl. 4 Paiste cymbols & stands, 2 yrs old, ex cond, ideal for beginner. £275 stg. Contact: 077-63461048 or028-25656034.

Drum Kit.5 piece, Remo cymbals & stands included, never gigged, must sell, moving house, #500. Contact: 086-3880887.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Baggio

Bomb
    ..had a look at that , looks a nice starter kit alright, and a bit more shall we say polished as a start off cheaper kit than the Pearls etc, I use SONOR drums and their the best IVE had so far!,,,so for that price I think it's a very good buy, hardware should be good and heavy and the drums should sound good and be damm tough..mine are!,,,they need to be!!

Although Some of the one's Doc has listed make good reading since they include cymbals and extras so it's up to you....

ciao' amigo...Baggio..............

• Advertisement

im not a huge fan of pearls personally. I dunno why, always found that unless you are buying top stuff from em its not great build quality or soundin decent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

The Export stuff is sound enough for the money. There used to be a time where everyone had a Pearl Export at some stage :)

Forums are gick though.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭My name is Mud

Bomb: I absolutley hate the Pearl Tom Mounting system... especially the Forum...ugh....

For beginner money, I would recommend that Sonor from Thomann - looks good and it'll sound grand methinks.

Premier budget stuff is grand (Cabria series) - it'll do the job. Check Premier's site for more info about them. Waltons would sell this stuff

DW do a budget line called "PDP - Pacific Drums and Percussion". Music Maker sell those. Its worth a look in for the extra cash cos it might work out better in the long run - an extra 150 - 200 euro paid could mean the difference in many years extra life out of a better quality set. Link

ill be setting up in the rehearsal/recording studio and theres a pearl session series set up there so id would be nice to have an alternative kit there too for recording etc

Advertisement