Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

curved fireplace and insert stove

• 20-11-2014 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭

hi all, looking for help again! we have been looking at putting a stove put in but we have a curved fire place, a new insert will cost about 200 euro, and I am looking to keep costs down. anyone know were I can find an insert or 'adaptor plate' its a cast iron plate that sits in the arch of the fireplace so your stove fits flush and you dont have to replace the whole insert. anyone else heard of these, or any were that stocks them. many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 439 ✭✭North West

Hi dm. Most of these fireplaces especially the newer type, The curve is bolted on from the inside, Put your up behind curve and see if you can feel any small bolts, ther are usually 3 bolts one on either side and 1 in the middle. Some manufacturers make them solid. Check it out if the bolts are there you can take down fireplace and remove curve
    Nw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭agusta

http://www.fireplaceworld.co.uk/package/5203/The-Cheltenham-Lombardi-Cast-Iron-Fireplace-Nu-Flame-Gas-Fire-tray is this the curve you have in your fireplace?,if so there is a standard plate you can buy that fits exactly outside the lombardi curve.it cost about 80 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭dm1979

thank you both for the replies, sanchez helped me find an insert. Boards to the rescue!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 aidandennehy

hey,just wondering how this worked out for you with the adapter piece? does your fireplace have a timber surround? im considering installing the stanley cara insert stove but im hoping not to have to change the fireplace

hey aidan, we ended up changing the whole fireplace, we had a timber surround and asked the insurance company whats their policy on stoves and timber surrounds, they said they didnt have any problems once stove was fitted with recomended distance to timber surround. for our stove it was 600mm to the top and 400mm at the sides so we had to change. we got a marble fireplace and hearth from bpm supplies in baltinglass for 750 euro. as for the adapter plates, your arch in the fireplace has to be cut still at the top to allow the stove to fit in and then the plate goes over that to hide were the cut has been made. hope that helps :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 aidandennehy

Thanks for the reply, very helpful but not the answer I was hoping for, I only have 300mm clearance over the stove so il have to get a new fireplace too.

that was the clearance for our stove yours could be different, check it out

Advertisement