Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who uses Gretsch-Unitas locks and handles for windows and doors?

Options
  • 26-08-2015 9:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭

I have a problem....

The occupier of the apartment next to ours replaced his windows and doors a couple of years back with excellent double-glazing.

My problem is that the make/name/brand of the windows and doors is nowhere to be seen on them.

The only maker's name that appears on them is Gretsch-Unitas, on the locks and handles. http://www.g-u.com/en/home.html

Sadly, the occupier has since passed away.

So, does anyone know of Irish makers of windows and doors who use Gretsch-Unitas hardware?

Many thanks.

D.

Ps. Is it normal for a manufacturer of double-glazing not to put their name anywhere on the product? Thanks.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,101 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

is there any text stamp in the gap between the panes? theres usually one in every window

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭Dinarius

Thanks for the reply.

I'll ask the current occupant to have a look.

Curiously, in our own house, we have Carlson and Munster Joinery windows and doors. Looking at both of them, there is no indication whatsoever as to which make they are.

D.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,101 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Dinarius wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply.

I'll ask the current occupant to have a look.

Curiously, in our own house, we have Carlson and Munster Joinery windows and doors. Looking at both of them, there is no indication whatsoever as to which make they are.

D.

see attached as an example of a stamp in the gap of a double glazed window

the stamp in this example tells its a munster joinery window, the date of construction of window and the order number.

not every window has this, but a lot do.

Thank you very much - much appreciated.

I will check out the windows and see. Might post a pic of them here, if needs be.

Thanks again.

D.

No code between the panes. So, I, posing a couple of images of the window and hall door.

If anyone recognizes the make, please let me know.

Many thanks!

D.Window Apt..jpg

Door 1.jpg

Door 2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭2009_

Mila Ltd are the agents for GU in Ireland.
    They have a trade counter that's open to the public.

Advertisement