Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is this shower suitable for Irish fittings?

• 27-08-2015 10:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭

I'm interested in buying a shower listed here and here also where there's a technical document at the bottom of the page. I've attached the relevant (I hope) image from this tech doc.

Can someone please let me know if the fittings are suitable for Ireland? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,558 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

You will get it to work fine as its a good name and brand, just will consume a fair bit of water

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭BarneyMc

You will get it to work fine as its a good name and brand, just will consume a fair bit of water

It won't work if the fittings are all over the place. Why will it consume a lot of water?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,558 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

BarneyMc wrote: »
    It won't work if the fittings are all over the place. Why will it consume a lot of water?

Don't follow your first point: its a German make with 22mm pipes required and every decent plumbing shop will get u from 22 mm to 3/4
    the second one is that it requires a min of 1 bar, probably 2.5 bar to work well so possibly 50-80-100 litres a shower without an aerator flow restrictor.
    I have one similar and the shower is on now and I see the flow rate on my pc from the newly installed meter:)
    Keep clean:D

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

My first point is all about the fittings which I know nothing about. So is 22mm a non-Irish standard? So are the pipes in the wall 3/4 inch? If they can be matched then that's fine and why I posted this post.

Regarding the amount of water it will consume this is a negative. What should I be looking out for regarding this - maybe I should look at an alternate shower.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭db

I have a shower similar to this driven off a pump and I have to say they are brilliant. Why don't you buy it locally? I paid less than €200 and at least you know you can go back to the shop if there is a problem. They do use a lot of water but if you're not on a metered mains connection and you are heating it with solar for over half the year you may as well enjoy a good shower.

• Advertisement

db wrote: »
    I have a shower similar to this driven off a pump and I have to say they are brilliant. Why don't you buy it locally? I paid less than €200 and at least you know you can go back to the shop if there is a problem.

Listed at €599 (down from €699) where I'm looking at it locally!!!!! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭db

I think this is the one I got http://www.pjmatthews.ie/collections/shower-valves/products/bristan-carre-dual-shower-2. It's a bit more than I remembered but comparable to the price you'r looking at on Amazon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gulliver

....I see the flow rate on my pc from the newly installed meter:)

What is this sorcery?!

Seriously though, how did you do that and could it be retrofitted?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,790 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

I think this is the one I got http://www.pjmatthews.ie/collections/shower-valves/products/bristan-carre-dual-shower-2. It's a bit more than I remembered but comparable to the price you'r looking at on Amazon.

...we have one just like that (forget the name atmo), and it cost €600.

Never, ever, again. Buy a good, simpler, non-thermostatic Mira or Triton that you can get parts & service for. We're stuck (sic) with an 'ornament' I can't get parts for and had to come up with a work-around to keep it working (which cost more money).

If you've hard water, doubly so.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭thebackbar

Comparable in price, but the one list on Amazon is a premium brand with the associated quality etc

• Advertisement

thebackbar wrote: »
    Comparable in price, but the one list on Amazon is a premium brand with the associated quality etc

It's listed at €699 in Ireland but £284 here! It certainly seems like a good shower - German make and all. :rolleyes:

But, will it connect to Irish fittings (or are all fittings standard now) and will it be hard on water (would like something fairly economical)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,790 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

BarneyMc wrote: »
    It's listed at €699 in Ireland but £284 here! It certainly seems like a good shower - German make and all. :rolleyes:

But, will it connect to Irish fittings (or are all fittings standard now) and will it be hard on water (would like something fairly economical)?

..you'll have to buy adaptors for Irish fittings - we don't (still, yet) - use metric ones, so no, it's not a 'plug & play'.

Sure we've only been in the EEC/EC/EU/whatever for 42 years - these things can't be rushed you know...... :pac:

Do check about min pressure requirements as well.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

We have this one on a pump ,,,was £144 on sale 3 years ago ,,, great shower but does feel like it eats water http://www.bathshack.com/mobile/Product.aspx?ProductCode=ERCurveRain

We have this one on a pump ,,,was £144 on sale 3 years ago ,,, great shower but does feel like it eats water http://www.bathshack.com/mobile/Product.aspx?ProductCode=ERCurveRain

What do I need to check to see how much water a shower uses?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 656 ✭✭✭davidoco

A bucket. A stopwatch. A measuring jug.

Run shower into bucket for one minute. Measure with jug.

davidoco wrote: »
    A bucket. A stopwatch. A measuring jug.

Run shower into bucket for one minute. Measure with jug.

I'll re-phrase. What do I need to check to see how much water a shower uses BEFORE I BUY IT? In other words is there an indicator that is listed on a shower's spec and can be easily compared with other showers?

If anyone can recommend somewhere to buy decent shows at decent prices can you please PM me their details? Thanks.

I have one similar and the shower is on now and I see the flow rate on my pc from the newly installed meter:)

Going to share this info?

Advertisement