Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heat Ex-changer Calculations

Options
  • 16-10-2014 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi all, I am trying to work out a few calculations on a plate heat ex-changer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

On the primary side there is 90 degrees Celsius going in and 70 degrees Celsius going out at 30.1 m3/h

The secondary side I have 65 degrees going in at 17.8 m3/hr.

The question is what temperature will I have coming out of the secondary side and kW will have been exchanged?

What is the correct formula to use for this? Is the size of the Heat ex-changer needed?

Ports are DN 80

Need this to find out a figure that is missing in a schematic of a CHP system.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

Well it's frowned upon to do homework for people..

What equations are you familiar with; tell us your guess at a method and maybe we can inch you towards a solution

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Refeek Maher

Thanks for the reply mawk!

It's not exactly homework, Iv'e been trying Q= MC delta T and a few but then the flow rate throws me off (i'm thinking the flow rate may be a red herring) would I be correct?

Advertisement