Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gone fishing

Options
  • 30-09-2014 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,495 ✭✭✭✭

Saturday morning 5am. I slipped out of bed, grabbed my clothes, dressed in the bathroom, made a packed lunch, grabbed the dog and went into the garage, hooked the boat up to the truck and proceeded to reverse out of the garage… into torrential rain and 50mph wind.

I drove the truck back into the garage and switched on the radio to discover that the bad weather was forecast for the whole day. I went back into the house, quietly undressed, slipped back into bed and cuddled up to my wife's back, now with different anticipation, and whispered. "The weather's terrible".

My loving wife of 20 years replied "Yes. And can you believe my husband has gone fishing in it?"

Advertisement