Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Book sale price and margins

Options
  • 09-09-2014 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Hi

I have just completed two children's book which are on sale in the iBooks and Kindle stores.

I have also produced a paperback version and would like to approach some book shops to see if they would sell it.

The book cost €3.50 to print- does anyone know what RRP I should be suggesting to the shops?

I don't know about markup and margins for books so would appreciate advice.

Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Kilgore__Trout

Hi,

Congratulations! You might have a better shot of getting info in the creative writing forum, which is also under the arts header. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Miss.Mayhem

Don't forget to account for indirect (ie: how much will it cost to deliver the books to the stores, etc) costs as well as direct costs, then add your mark-up (about 20% is standard).

Congrats on getting your book published!! :D

Advertisement