Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Terry McGeehan in The Star

Options
  • 23-06-2008 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭

Can anyone tell me who this fella is? I do buy The Star most days, as I find it the best of the tabloid bunch, normally reading The Independent online.
    He has a column there every day, giving out about the Government and basically anything that's worth whinging about. Quite frankly, it's cringeworthy stuff.
    What is his claim to fame, or how has he got this soapbox to spout such drivel every day?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

He's been doing that column for a good few years, and I've no idea what his 'claim to fame' could be. He's obviously not that great at it though, as he hasn't exactly become a 'household name', despite being permanently angry on a daily basis in a popular newspaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

I find that really hard to read - it's very simple to pick holes in what he says, it's rarely in any way fact based and as said above, it's always incredibly cringeworthy

I'm fairly sure he's just a nobody, but he's probably the leader of the worker's party or something.

Though, he would still be a nobody at that rate...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭Overdraft

Newaglish wrote: »
    I'm fairly sure he's just a nobody

Aren't we all? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 15 TheJug

A little harsh. I read his column today (Monday October 13) and felt it made a timely and entertaining read. Why does writing a daily column make you a Man of No Importance?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,327 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

TheJug wrote: »
    A little harsh. I read his column today (Monday October 13) and felt it made a timely and entertaining read. Why does writing a daily column make you a Man of No Importance?

Because after more than six years (look at the date on the last post before yours), you're the first person to comment on him?

Q.E.D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

You'd wonder how The Star doesn't get done for defamation with a lot of the stuff that McGeehan comes out with.

Then again, it's probably impossible to take it seriously...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 700 ✭✭✭mikeyjames9

These controversialists like mcgeehan can change their mind as often as they like and get away with it

Your head would be spinning and brainwashed if you followed any of that plaver

Advertisement