Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your musician crush?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭smellmepower

Fiona Apple and Tori Amos were my musician crushes in the 90's.

Have no idea about pop music these days,so couldn't tell you who is now though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Debbie Harry, Karen O, Charlie Fink from Noah and the whale...

Bob Marley is my big one though. Never really gave his sexiness much thought til I saw that Kevin McDonald documentary on him, he's nothing too special in photos but my god when you see live footage of him, or even interviews. No wonder he was knocking people up left and right, he probably only had to look at them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Had a crush on Sharleen Spiteri from Texas many years ago. She hasn't aged all that well but would still get a dart.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭Trebor176

Eliza Doolittle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Shakespeare's Sister

Alex Turner, Calvin Harris.
    And when they were younger: Bob Dylan, Jimmy Paige, Mike Patton (Faith No More), David Byrne of Talking Heads in a hot nerd kinda way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

Suzie quattro
    stevie nicks
    Debbie harry
    kim deal
    lisa hannigan
    Annie Clark

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

i had a bit of a thing for yer one cerys Matthews out of catatonia. Think it was the red hair that got me...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5 brainless

Bon Iver

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Debbie Harry. Looks, attitude, personality and voice all in one package. Pity she had to get old!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭Muise...

everlast75 wrote: »
    She got better with age!

Ms Wheeler from the Sundays

Ms Fraser from The Cocteau Twins

Ms Mazzy Star herself

Oh Ms Crystal-voiced Wheeler!

I'll add the pale, winter-lit tones of Ms Sarah Cracknell to your list. (Her blondey looks aren't bad either. :) )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭caustic 1

As a female although speaking for myself only, Beyoncé, can only sell records by writhing around half naked. I know I know guys, isn't it great.
    For me less is more. Sometimes well in fact a lot of the time some of the hottest ladies I know are always covered and classy looking. They don't have to sell it, they just have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

caustic 1 wrote: »
    As a female although speaking for myself only, Beyoncé, can only sell records by writhing around half naked. I know I know guys, isn't it great.
    For me less is more. Sometimes well in fact a lot of the time some of the hottest ladies I know are always covered and classy looking. They don't have to sell it, they just have it.

Do you not think that the majority of Beyonce fans are women in their 20's who were also destinys child fans? If I Were A Boy is one of her biggest songs and she isn't up to her usual malarky in that vid if I remember correctly. I get your point, but I'd say only a small portion of her her record sales could be attributed to her writhing round half naked.

gg2 wrote: »
    Do you not think that the majority of Beyonce fans are women in their 20's who were also destinys child fans? If I Were A Boy is one of her biggest songs and she isn't up to her usual malarky in that vid if I remember correctly. I get your point, but I'd say only a small portion of her her record sales could be attributed to her writhing round half naked.

I'd say a small portion of her fans want to do her; the rest want to be her, so men will want to do them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

Wouldn't say Beyoncé whores herself out at all, she mightn't wear too much in some videos or whatever but it hasn't seemed tacky or anything from the few bits and pieces I've seen. The problem is she's so political and controlling of her image and all, Jay-Z too. Not the place but I've a huge rant to make about Jay-Z some day, everyone's f*cking terrified of dissing him for some reason.

He's fictional, but Llewyn Davis is definitely one for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,961 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Kate St. John of The Dream Academy is one I remember from years ago. Very handy with an oboe, too. :D

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 14,230 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

caustic 1 wrote: »

It's sad really, but I don't know any blokes that listen to her. The usual female pop star, will sing about female empowerment, but have to get semi naked to do it.
    She's good looking, but not sexy. Doesn't seem natural, just doing what her team of stylists, choreographers, PR managers and the rest of her entourage think will sell more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Laura Mary Carter-Blood Red Shoes
    Alyssa Whyte-Arch Enemy
    Vanessa White-Saturdays
    Joss Stone
    Christina Perri
    Gwen Stefani
    Taylor Momsen-Pretty Reckless

Muise... wrote: »
    I'd say a small portion of her fans want to do her; the rest want to be her, so men will want to do them.

I have more faith in my fellow wimmens.

gg2 wrote: »
    I have more faith in my fellow wimmens.

me too. good job there's waaaaaaay more of us than there are Beyoncé fans. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Luke92

Florence Welch (Florence and The Machine)

I'd eat crusty toenails dipped in **** for the shift with her!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭westernfrenzy

Christina Perri
    Eliza Doolittle
    Lily Allen
    Ariana Grande

Muise... wrote: »
    me too. good job there's waaaaaaay more of us than there are Beyoncé fans. :)

Ok I'm not going to call myself a Beyonce fan, but I do like her, as do my friends who are all well educated, non vacuous, confident, independent women (:P). I am in my mid 20's and grew up with Destinys Child - which I think is part of the reason I like Beyonce (I think alot of her recent stuff has been utter tripe so there must be some deeper meaning to it). I like her because her songs are all proper belters, visually she is amazing - not just her looks and body but how she dances, the way she snarls, her on stage costumes, its hard to take your eyes off her - and I don't mean that in an "OMG SHE IS A TOTAL RIDEBAG" way. These are the reasons myself and my friends like her, not because we want to be her so guys will want to bang us, and I'd imagine its the same for most of her fans.

Oh and also wanted to say that I personally think "Beyonce", that we see, is a carefully developed character... I watched one of her documentaries a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it, but came away from it seeing her as a character... I think she's probably a very very savvy business woman who knows exactly how the entertainment industry works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Luke92 wrote: »
    Florence Welch (Florence and The Machine)

I met her in The Village (I think) in Dublin one night. Great craic she is and super good looking in the flesh.

There is something so very attractive about Brian Ferry

• Registered Users Posts: 12,842 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Eminem. My future husband

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

I met her in The Village (I think) in Dublin one night. Great craic she is and super good looking in the flesh.

Met her in Electric Picnic years ago when she was reciting poetry - didnt fancy her up until then, her skin is amazing! She was like this otherworldy creature!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,175 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Speaking of otherworldly creatures, Ms. Julie Feeney is just... just... :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Luke92 wrote: »

We as a community must somehow find a way to make her aware of your enchanting expressions of love.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Kate Bush

Advertisement