Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Honestly now...... What does it for you?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

What people think about looks Is important because it's how they view people around them.

You can kinda tell a lot of the time if someone doesnt find someone good to look at they don't take them as seriously in general. It's not always the case but it does happen a lot more than it could.

A handsome devil is what most women would be looking for.

But sometimes good looks can just be hiding the fact that underneath it all they're half a person and are in fact unloveable.

Sometimes you'll meet a girl afraid of being alone but I stayed with someone for years because of that, had many an unhappy birthday and heaven knows I'm miserable now. I think though to find beauty in others you've first got to accept yourself. Regardless of looks you want to find this charming man or a wonderful woman and say "I won't share you."

I do like how it almost seemed like I was contributing to the thread when I was just shoehorning in Smiths song titles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    A handsome devil is what most women would be looking for.

But sometimes good looks can just be hiding the fact that underneath it all they're half a person and are in fact unloveable.

Sometimes you'll meet a girl afraid of being alone but I stayed with someone for years because of that, had many an unhappy birthday and heaven knows I'm miserable now. I think though to find beauty in others you've first got to accept yourself. Regardless of looks you want to find this charming man or a wonderful woman and say "I won't share you."

I'm nearly out of Smiths songs.

:pac: you be onto his solo stuff next!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

I don't think it is fair that ridiculously good-looking people are instantly dismissed as being "half a person", we have feelings too you know!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

catallus wrote: »
    I don't think it is fair that ridiculously good-looking people are instantly dismissed as being "half a person", we have feelings too you know!

Do you know whats worse? When you think you are really good looking and are in fact not.

I should know :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

I think the majority of people are not attracted to physical extremes in general.
    There will always be people who love very over weight people and those who like their partners to look practically malnourished.
    They are just extreme end of the scale.

After that we are left with what's in the middle, slim women/lean men and then curvy women/built men.
    After that it just boils down to sex appeal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

Are you really, really, ridiculously good looking? :eek:

Are you really, really, ridiculously good looking? :eek:

I have big beewbs, a slim waist and a rather large rear end.
    The only downside to this is that the missus goes mental when I borrow her bras.

Smidge wrote: »
    I have big beewbs, a slim waist and a rather large rear end.
    The only downside to this is that the missus goes mental when I borrow her bras.

PM sent, I'll just stick a bag over your head. :pac:

14 out of 300 odd ain't bad I guess ha :-).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Shakespeare's Sister

I see the "Fat women, thanks to a feminist conspiracy, have no problem pulling hapless hot men giving away their power" "theory" is debunked on this thread anyway.

• Advertisement

I see the "Fat women, thanks to a feminist conspiracy, have no problem pulling hapless hot men giving away their power" "theory" is debunked on this thread anyway.

That's some theory!

I'm hapless and hot! Where's my fat woman??!

That's some theory!
    It was being posted over and over by a handful of posters on the other thread (about the plus size modelling women).

It was being posted over and over by a handful of posters on the other thread (about the plus size modelling women).

Wonder where there getting that idea from?

Hello!! I'm standing right here! And it's not like I'm easy to miss....

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭wiseoldelf34

I like em carrying an itty bitty bit of weight girls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

How fat is too fat? When having her on top becomes uncomfortable. Anything up to that is fine.

How fat is too fat? When having her on top becomes uncomfortable. Anything up to that is fine.

Bit of bounce is fun ;-) ha.

She's in the post.
    Are you sure you put enough postage on? :P

Bit of bounce is fun ;-) ha.

A bit yeah. I don't want a tonne of fun though.

• Advertisement

A bit yeah. I don't want a tonne of fun though.

No one wants to lose the feeling in there legs no ha.

Smidge wrote: »
    She's in the post.
    Are you sure you put enough postage on? :P

Are you suggesting I'd order a mail-order bride?!

How very dare you!

Although, now that you mention it... I've never seen a fat Thai bird!

Wonder where there getting that idea from?
    Usually it's from guys who find it difficult to meet women and they start to get angry about it; seeing women then, whom they deem unattractive getting together with not-bad-looking guys, absolutely guts them.
    I understand a guy being disheartened about lack of interest from women, but it enters dark territory when he starts getting resentful towards huge numbers of women he's never met, or even women in general.

Usually it's from guys who find it difficult to meet women and they start to get angry about it; seeing women then, whom they deem unattractive getting together with not-bad-looking guys, absolutely guts them.
    I understand a guy being disheartened about lack of interest from women, but it enters dark territory when he starts getting resentful towards huge numbers of women he's never met, or even women in general.

Can happen to anyone I guess male or female. It can be easy to feel bitter towards people when they have things u want sometimes!

Can happen to anyone I guess male or female.
    True. There's the "All men are bastards" shyte from some women.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

edit

True. There's the "All men are bastards" shyte from some women.

Which you hear all the time and it's clearly not true.

Both sexs are guilty of that kinda crap though.

Its fear of rejection mostly, after a long days work the last thing I want to do is face rejection, especially if you get it a lot, pride comes into. Why is it always men that have to do the chasing anyway? Supply and demand?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,210 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Can happen to anyone I guess male or female. It can be easy to feel bitter towards people when they have things u want sometimes!

That's just it though. These people that are bitter towards anyone, are viewing people merely as possessions, property, with no agency of their own as if they should have no choice in who they choose to date.

Ironically, that same inflated sense of self-worth they talk about other people having, they're blind to it in themselves, and that's exactly what makes them unattractive to other people - their complete lack of self-awareness.

• Advertisement

Sometimes a girl can have a bit of extra weight but can have a very pretty face. I was served by a girl in Halfords recently who had a very attractive face. It was only after she stood up that I realised she was a little on the heavy side. In that situation its the personality that would make or break it.

lufties wrote: »
    Its fear of rejection mostly, after a long days work the last thing I want to do is face rejection, especially if you get it a lot, pride comes into. Why is it always men that have to do the chasing anyway? Supply and demand?
    I don't know - goes back a long way to more traditional times. It's one of those "That's the way things are" things (not that that makes it right, or that people shouldn't go against the grain - they very much should) but it's fine to criticise it; it's not fine to get angry towards women in general for it though.

That's just it though. These people that are bitter towards anyone, are viewing people merely as possessions, property, with no agency of their own as if they should have no choice in who they choose to date.

Ironically, that same inflated sense of self-worth they talk about other people having, they're blind to it in themselves, and that's exactly what makes them unattractive to other people - their complete lack of self-awareness.

Well I no when I was younger and single and didn't want to be seeing couples used to annoy me and make me feel bitter because I felt well why can't I have that? That was more being a teenager then anything. I've never taught about it in the way u mentioned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

I don't even entertain the Idea of women as some sort of means to an end , despite been a heterosexual male.

It isn't always men who do the chasing? Women do plenty of chasing (a point I tried to make in the other thread, but made a complete balls of it :pac:), but women will chase you if they find you attractive enough to want to chase you. Then it becomes a case of are you attracted to them? That depends on the kind of women you want chasing you -

The women you want, and the women who chase you, are rarely ever the same person. The same would apply to men - often the men women want, are not the same men chasing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Pablodreamsofnew

Girls we need to start a thread on penis size. The exact same poll but to penis size :D

• Advertisement

I don't know. It's one of those "That's the way things are" things (not that that makes it right, or that people shouldn't go against the grain - they very much should) but it's fine to criticise it; it's not fine to get angry towards women in general for it though.

Its crap imo...I never get abuse from women I approach, I just find it daunting..I've done it so many times but I still get that approach anxiety, worried about being rejected which I usually am, probably not cause how I look but because I get nervous and can't think of what to say after how's it going? Some women can be very cold. Sometimes it begs the question, why do we live in a society with so many frustrated, angry men who can't find a partner? I'd guarantee there is more than the other way round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭dresden8

Now we know how much of a gentleman you are and the women are sufficiently wet in their knickers, do you like 'em fat or thin?

Horny and dirty, intelligent, funny, fun, good face, nice eyes.

Beats skinny every day.

Although skinny might also have that. But not in my experience.

The women you want, and the women who chase you, are rarely ever the same person. The same would apply to men - often the men women want, are not the same men chasing them.

True. And then there are those mad women on hen nights that strip you down, molest you, and handcuff you to the table. I thought that cougar was into me the other night but she was just having a laugh with those handcuffs. :(

Girls we need to start a thread on penis size. The exact same poll but to penis size :D

Its not meant to be just about women though the point was what men/women are into. It just happens to be mostly men who state what there into though.

It isn't always men who do the chasing? Women do plenty of chasing (a point I tried to make in the other thread, but made a complete balls of it :pac:), but women will chase you if they find you attractive enough to want to chase you. Then it becomes a case of are you attracted to them? That depends on the kind of women you want chasing you -

Yea perhaps you are right, I was out recently with a big group for a birthday, we all went for drinks after and I noticed the best looking girl (by a mile) was always catching up with me as we walked, we had some banter..but my limiting belief and buffers (she's taller than me etc) couldn't take it that extra step.

• Advertisement

True. And then there are those mad women on hen nights that strip you down, molest you, and handcuff you to the table. I thought that cougar was into me the other night but she was just having a laugh with those handcuffs. :(

Reminds me of that girl I met in the club who asked me did I want to come home with her for cuddles. I looked around to see where were her group of mates breaking their balls laughing. Nope, she'd approached on her own initiative, and I had to double check with her to make sure it was just cuddles we'd be doing...

She lied :pac:

Reminds me of that girl I met in the club who asked me did I want to come home with her for cuddles. I looked around to see where were her group of mates breaking their balls laughing. Nope, she'd approached on her own initiative, and I had to double check with her to make sure it was just cuddles we'd be doing...

She lied :pac:

Ohh do go on. You can't leave us on that cliffhanger ye fecker. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Sweet Rose

Nice to hear the truth, some boardsies tend to project idyllic holier than thou opinions on here that are false generally.

I guess it can be geographic too, I live near fulham, where a 5 foot 8 average bloke like me doesn't stand much of a chance. Its quite shallow and pretentious around here, but then again so is a lot of london.

Thanks but I find not a lot of people appreciate honesty over sugar coating things.

I found London like that too. Pubs and clubs are very trend orientated. I guess you just have to find a club that suits your style. Confidence is key too :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 145 ✭✭SameDiff

Morrisey looks like ****

What a classless comment to make on a person being treated for cancer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 113 ✭✭BrokenHero

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

My own personal preferance is curvy- not too big, not too small but a happy, healthy medium.
    To give an example, if I had to choose between Miley Cyrus or Christina Hendricks, I'd go for Christina everytime. Aside from the fact she is one of the most stunningly beautiful women I've ever seen, she generally looks much healthier than Miley-who I think could do with eating a burger or two. Just my opinion.
    I think once someone is happy and healthy, it doesn't really matter if they're big or small.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

Slim, I have a thing for slim women. As long as they are an acceptable healthy weight I wouldn't be too bothered though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭blacklilly

After having dated very slim men to well built men, my preference would be well built men.

As some other posted stated, the extreme of either side of the scale has a niche following

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭Lalealea

You know what I hate about this threads ? This and the one about men's height?

They are just out to hurt people.....the possibly hundreds of people that read it. Thats all it is drama and negative drama at that. I love drama ..it doesn't have to be hurtful though.

I just think these threads pick a sensitive issue and do it knowing that lots of people reading this are gonna feel it and thats what its about.

Feeding off of pain.

I just don't like it.

Boards goblins.

• Advertisement
Advertisement