Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Honestly now...... What does it for you?

• 22-10-2014 1:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭

So i was thinking seeing as we have yet another thread going in AH currently that revolves around the whole fat women are horrible thing is it that one sided on here?

Not even just women fat people in general of all shapes and sizes fat doesn't always mean obese blob by the way!

Anyway my point of making this thread is all messing aside forget about what everyone else tells you or what where made to believe is good and bad what does it for you when it comes to size in men or women?

This is not about whats healthy its solely what you find sexy.

Poll included so if you don't want to comment at least vote :P.

Im just curious to see is this topic as black and white as it seems on here.

What do you prefer ? (Body type) 314 votes

Fat
    0% 0 votes
    Slim
    8% 28 votes
    Somewhere inbetween
    91% 286 votes

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Personality > Size

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Personality > Size

Ya i know fair enough but just put that to one side for now if you had to pick what would you go for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

Personality > Size

Now we know how much of a gentleman you are and the women are sufficiently wet in their knickers, do you like 'em fat or thin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Shakespeare's Sister

I would say loads of guys don't fancy overweight women (as is their prerogative) despite the claim from certain quarters that overweight women are beating good-looking fellas off with a stick.
    The latter is not what I have observed whatsoever, and I have always gotten most attention from guys when at my slimmest - and I'm fine with that.

That's not to say slim guys can never ever fancy overweight women - we all know it happens, and... good for them too.

I would say loads of guys don't fancy overweight women (as is their prerogative) despite the claim from certain quarters that overweight women are beating good-looking fellas off with a stick.
    The latter is not what I have observed whatsoever, and I have always gotten most attention from guys when at my slimmest - and I'm fine with that.

That's not to say slim guys can never ever fancy overweight women - we all know it happens, and... good for them too.

For me it depends on the woman and how she carrys it and her body type.

I picked somewhere inbetween because really i love curvy women ive been with skinny girls ive been with fat girls but at the end of the day if they carry it well thats what i like.

Saying that different people see it in different ways a lot of the women id find good looking another fella could see her as ugly and fat so......

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Personality no. 1. There should be a fit option.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 113 ✭✭BrokenHero

How can you stay with a fat girl who'll say:

"Oh, would you like to marry me, and if you like you can buy the ring?".

She doesn't care about anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

I have an undeniable preference for generous posteriors and I cannot bear false witness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Nino Brown

gadetra wrote: »
    Personality no. 1

I don't know about that, there's a word for fat chicks with great personalities "Friends"!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Muphrys Law

I have an undeniable preference for generous posteriors and I cannot bear false witness.
    You are rather fond of an ample gluteus maximus and incapable of uttering a falsehood?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Nino Brown wrote: »
    I don't know about that, there's a word for fat chicks with great personalities "Friends"!

Slim, fit, hot women can have great personalities too : confused: No matter how hot someone is, if they don't have a brain and a good personality I won't even consider it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Shakespeare's Sister

For me it depends on the woman and how she carrys it and her body type.

I picked somewhere inbetween because really i love curvy women ive been with skinny girls ive been with fat girls but at the end of the day if they carry it well thats what i like.

Saying that different people see it in different ways a lot of the women id find good looking another fella could see her as ugly and fat so......
    From what I've observed, most guys seem to have a preference for curvy women - as in, slim or fairly slim and with bootay and knockers - or thin women (not scrawny like, healthily thin).
    But yeh, doesn't mean those are the only women they'd ever contemplate getting it on with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,353 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Personality > Size

To a point. Let's be honest though. A hippo with a great sense of humour is still a hippo. I'll have a laugh with a hippo, but that's as far as things would go. Wouldn't be into a toothpick either.

I suppose my ideal would be somewhere between toothpick and hippo? It's a spectrum!

From what I've observed, most guys seem to have a preference for curvy women - as in, slim or fairly slim and with bootay and knockers - or thin women (not scrawny like, healthily thin).
    But yeh, doesn't mean those are the only women they'd ever contemplate getting it on with.

I'd actually rather the thicker type when I say I'm into curvy women. A lot of the time it isn't even an in between situation I prefer a girl with bit meat on her don't mind if she's bigger once she has nice womanly body shape.

BrokenHero wrote: »
    How can you stay with a fat girl who'll say:

"Oh, would you like to marry me, and if you like you can buy the ring?".

She doesn't care about anything.

There's always one.... Ha :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Honestly , say there are 5 categories:

1. Very thin
    2. Thin
    3. Medium
    4. Heavy
    5. Very heavy

I could probably find anyone in 1-4 attractive with a preference for a 2/3 but it's very unlikely I'd find someone who is a 5 attractive. I'd be a 3 bordering on 4 myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭Lalealea

I hate this thread. :-(

Judgmental thread ...dieeeee

We are all lovely...

dieeee

Lalealea wrote: »
    I hate this thread. :-(

Judgmental thread ...dieeeee

We are all lovely...

dieeee

It's not meant to be judgemental thread I'm just curious to what people are into because I don't think it's always that simple.

We're all into whatever where into for our own reasons we can discuss that without judging others right?

It's not meant to be judgemental thread I'm just curious to what people are into because I don't think it's always that simple.

We're all into whatever where into for our own reasons we can discuss that without judging others right?

No, because despite this thread being well meaning, some people are cunts who like to make others feel bad about themselves for arbitrary reasons and will take any opportunity to do so, because they are bullies.

No, because despite this thread being well meaning, some people are cunts who like to make others feel bad about themselves for arbitrary reasons and will take any opportunity to do so, because they are bullies.

Let them sure only so much people can say. Really I'd be more interested in how many will pick the first option then any the others bascially because I insist there's a lot more out there then people let on.

• Advertisement

That's easy enough to say when you're not actively on the receiving end. Also, given that it's 3:19 in the morning, you're not gonna get much response either way.

That's easy enough to say when you're not actively on the receiving end. Also, given that it's 3:19 in the morning, you're not gonna get much response either way.

Hopefully if the thread hasn't been buried tomorrow we see then.

I've been on receiving end of many different things sometimes all u can do is just say **** it I don't care.

That's one thing I admire about people who do something they want to that is socially not accepted but means something to them. To be in that situation and not give **** what anyone thinks well if u can pull it off fair play!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

Curvy hips, bum and boobs - yes please.
    Rolls of fat - no thanks

A nice set of pins is essential.
    Big boobs never really did it for me - I'm happy with a handful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭caustic 1

Over my years driving around I notice if men see an attractive lady with a good figure they ogle, they don't try to hide it, their neck swivels on their shoulders to get a better look and if they have company you can see them comment and admire. Women are more discreet, although recently the younger generations are becoming more loud in their appreciation of the opposite sex. In my observations not once have I seen men or ladies take second look at overweight people strolling down the street except if they were morbidly obese it would be looking in disbelief rather than appreciation.

What does it for me? I used to see a man on my travels who had long hair piercings and tattoos, I would say in late 30s very well built and tall, he would wear a suit which was unremarkable on other men but on him looked good. It was also the way he carried himself. Very confident, head up straight, and when he looked at you he looked at you till you looked away. A very hot man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

a person who is comfortable in themselves. well groomed, healthy!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Now we know how much of a gentleman you are and the women are sufficiently wet in their knickers, do you like 'em fat or thin?

Please don't tell me I got that the wrong way around haha?

I mean more important than....:pac:

TWO WORDS!

KAT DENNINGS!!!!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭fizzypish

caustic 1 wrote: »
    What does it for me? I used to see a man on my travels who had long hair piercings and ....

You can get your hair pierced now?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Paco Rodriguez

Skinny and fitness fanatics turn me off just as much as obese women.
    I like curvy women because I'm physically attracted to them and also because they don't need fitness or don't need food to make them happy. They seem happy with themselves as they are.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

mackg wrote: »

1. Very thin
    2. Thin
    3. Medium
    4. Heavy
    5. Very heavy
    Which is cool, but outside of obvious extremes at either end of the scale one man(or woman's) medium is another's thin or heavy. That's why it's very much in the eye of the beholder.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

I slept with a girl one time who was curvy and super confident. The next morning she went down stairs and brought me a glass of water, no big thing right. BUT, she threw here boots on from the night before and walks in (morning light) totally starkers and hands me the water. She was carrying a bit but had great boobs and bum, it was just the fact she didn't feel conscious or blush and try hide herself in a stupid robe!!

I stayed with her for a few months after till other factors came in between but I tell ya, she was sexy as hell and more attractive than plenty of thin girls I know or have dated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,929 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Post of the week right there! :p

Personally I like women with curves - the wafer thin 15 year old boy look does nothing for me.

Boobs, hips n ass FTW. More importantly though is someone who's comfortable in themselves and confident

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

rusty cole wrote: »
    TWO WORDS!

KAT DENNINGS!!!!!:)

That woman should be illegal!

That woman should be illegal!

I don't get it, why all these Hollywood lads are hanging out of these horrible skinny coke heads. Id be all over here and have her in vegas, married and off the market in days!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Slim with assets

/Thread

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭Gannicus

Personality > Size

Your blue peter Badge is in the post Alan
    mackg wrote: »

1. Very thin
    2. Thin
    3. Medium
    4. Heavy
    5. Very heavy

I could probably find anyone in 1-4 attractive with a preference for a 2/3 but it's very unlikely I'd find someone who is a 5 attractive. I'd be a 3 bordering on 4 myself.

I think this better describes it for me. I'b be a fan of a 3 or 4 myself. Curves all the way. I'd be a bit of a 4 myself but hide well because I'm tall... maybe you could say I'm a tall three :D

I wouldn't find a 1 or 5 attractive but they are the 2 extremes on the scale.

rusty cole wrote: »
    I don't get it, why all these Hollywood lads are hanging out of these horrible skinny coke heads. Id be all over here and have her in vegas, married and off the market in days!!

Can I come to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Personality > Size

Wrong.
    Roseanne barr seems like she'd be deadly craic, but I wouldn't want to go out with her. No amount of personality can make up for you just not being attracted to someone - it's disingenuous bullshít to suggest otherwise. On the other hand, if you fancy fat chicks in general or Roseanne in particular, well then that's girlfriend equivalent of striking oil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭cletus van damme

suppose like most here I like a curvy but slim(ish) woman.
    I love that hourglass figure with decent boobs.
    95% of the time that will be a girl between a size 10-14.
    I do like girls into fitness too once they aren't too thin.

But I've had my head turned in the past by women I normally wouldn't find attractive by the way the carry themselves.
    Hard to describe but maybe it was their self assured nature.
    One girl in my office is like that, I wouldn't be too mad into her looks wise (she isn't ugly btw) but at meetings and stuff I find her very attractive in the way she conducts herself.

ah to hell with it - I like anybody who'll ride me :pac:

• Advertisement

Seen as its mostly men who answered what about what women want?

Or is that the most open ended question you can ask? Ha!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Laois6556

I tried to pick all 3 options but it wouldn't let me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

I don't find obesity or extreme skinniness attractive but in between that there's a variation in who I've liked. Some women carry weight better than others as well. That's my honest opinion.

Seen as its mostly men who answered what about what women want?

Or is that the most open ended question you can ask? Ha!

I do tend to favour the larger gentleman. Not absolutely massive now, but tall and broad. Just big enough to make me feel safe.

Gimme a Colette Fitzpatrick, Sile Ni Seioge or Christina Hendricks any day over a Jennifer Lawrence.

Curvy, big breasted women are what's beautiful.

Not fat chicks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭denhaagenite

Honestly it really depends on a lot of things more than weight. I always found that if a guy had a bad diet and was lazy it is a massive turnoff, just not into it at all but this didn't mean that I wasn't into men unless they were completely devoid of fat. You can be bigger and active depending on age etc.

I like a nice pair (of eyes), a sense of humour that is similar to mine, used to be into gingers but now prefer dark hair, don't like body hair too much (even if they wax, in fact if they wax it's even worse), like a clean man but too much grooming or fawning over their own appearance is not attractive to me. Build isn't high up on the agenda and never has been. I do like a good flirt, and find intelligent men particularly sexy.

Luckily himself ticks all the boxes :D

From the answers so far make you wonder why anyone overweight would even bother ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭WILL NEVER LOG OFF

are women allowed vote?

i picked 'something in between', which is ideally stuart olding.

Honestly it really depends on a lot of things more than weight. I always found that if a guy had a bad diet and was lazy it is a massive turnoff, just not into it at all but this didn't mean that I wasn't into men unless they were completely devoid of fat. You can be bigger and active depending on age etc.

I like a nice pair (of eyes), a sense of humour that is similar to mine, used to be into gingers but now prefer dark hair, don't like body hair too much (even if they wax, in fact if they wax it's even worse), like a clean man but too much grooming or fawning over their own appearance is not attractive to me. Build isn't high up on the agenda and never has been. I do like a good flirt, and find intelligent men particularly sexy.

Luckily himself ticks all the boxes :D

Bugger, I was reading that thinking I tick all the boxes along the way, then I got to the last sentence :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭denhaagenite

Bugger, I was reading that thinking I tick all the boxes along the way, then I got to the last sentence :(

Sorry, forgot to add Dublin. Dublin is a HUUUUUUGE no no :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement