Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renault carminat

Options
  • 05-04-2014 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭

Hi, I recently purchased a trafic van with Tomtom carminat sat nav built in, a nice tidy set up. Now my question is how good are Tomtom sat nav maps. I plugged the sd card belonging to the sat nav into my laptop and was told there's an update available for 40 sterling. I don't mind updating but only if the maps are of good quality. Years ago I owned a Tomtom nav and remember the maps being pretty inaccurate. Up till now I use the Google maps on my Android phone which I find very accurate, how does Tomtom maps compare to google maps on my phone?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

They have come a long way. I would put them on par with Garmin.
    TomTom release new maps every 3 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 sceach

Hi Grouceogtom, we recently purchased a Fluence with Carminate satnav. No instruction booklet supplied. Renault say booklet does not come with our model. Seems strange and a bit of a bummer for us technically challenged oldies. As a matter of interest were you supplied with an instruction booklet or are you supposed to look this up online?
    Thaanks.
    Sceach.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Thanks Koolkid,
    I checked your link, however our model does not have central control or a remote control, it is touchscreen and i cannot find any operating instructions for touchscreen model.
    Thanks again.
    Sceach

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭peking97

I reckon this is probably the one you want. The R-link...
    http://www.renault.co.uk/ownerservices/accessories_and_merchandise/multimedia/r-link/
    HTH

• Advertisement

Thanks peking97,
    Is there a link to a downloadable owners manual there? I cannot find one.
    Sceach

No link on that page but I found this...
    http://www.e-guide.renault.com/data/systemes/r-link/NW1048-1_ENG.pdf
    HTH

PS...it's intuitive according to Renault...you shouldn't need a manual !!!:-)

Thanks for that peking97.
    It may well be intuitive for some people but an old fogie like me needs the manual.
    I cannot understand how Renault do not put information in the car owners manual explaining where the instructions may be accessed. It just says consult the RLink instructions and nothing else. On Renault website i could only find instructions for the older model.
    To satisfy my curiosity where did you find the instructions? (Probably under my nose.)
    Once again,
    Many thanks.

Incidently they do supply instructions for such mundane things as opening the car windows.

I just Googled "Renault R-Link Manual" and it's about the sixth result thrown up!

Advertisement