Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pokemon boardsies unite!

• 26-03-2012 10:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭

Taking this from the "Things that were acceptable in your youth ..." thread it seems we have a lot of boardsies who are still a fan of the good auld classic games.

Pokemon fans unite! raise your hands!

And any old nintendo fans, no discrimmination here :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

No Officer Jenny, Mewtwo must have taken over your mind again....

...The Thick bitch.....

:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

No Nurse Jenny, Mewtwo must have taken over your mind again....

...The Thick bitch.....

:D:D

It's officer Jenny, and Nurse Joy ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

Obligatory "You poke em on!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

I love you, Jenny. Let's get married and trade Pokemon. I bring my DS with me everywhere. No one seems to be impressed by my owning a shiny Ponyta or grinding Magikarp up to level 30 so it can learn Flail.

How'd you like to cubone my jugglypuff :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Pikachu, I choose you!

It's officer Jenny, and Nurse Joy ;)

Oh yes, my bad! Its too early in the morning for me! :D:D:D

You set my heart a Drifloon. If I were a Farfetch'd, I would give you my leek.

I love you, Jenny. Let's get married and trade Pokemon. I bring my DS with me everywhere. No one seems to be impressed by my owning a shiny Ponyta or grinding Magikarp up to level 30 so it can learn Flail.

OMG shiny rapidash! <3
    I'm always playing Black on my way to college/work etc! love it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Well now I feel old... I was already going out drinking and stuff when Pokemon hit Ireland. I think my little brother was even to old for it.

• Advertisement

I had a dream team on soul silver - 6 level 100 magicarp!

Oh yes haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Taking this from the "Things that were acceptable in your youth ..." thread it seems we have a lot of boardsies who are still a fan of the good auld classic games.

Pokemon fans unite! raise your hands!

And any old nintendo fans, no discrimmination here :D

i heard you liek mudkipz

smash wrote: »
    Well now I feel old... I was already going out drinking and stuff when Pokemon hit Ireland. I think my little brother was even to old for it.

I was 4, got pokemon red and a gameboy original when I was 6 :D

I'm playing Diamond for the billionth time right now.

I'm playing Diamond for the billionth time right now.

I have diamond, just finished yellow on an emulator! thinking of redoing crystal, always loved Suicune haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I was 4, got pokemon red and a gameboy original when I was 6 :D
    Maybe I started knacker drinking when I was very young then :D

smash wrote: »
    Maybe I started knacker drinking when I was very young then :D

My mistake, red came out in 1996, I must have been 7 when I got it, got it the year after it was released. my sister was so jealous :D

****, why did this thread have to be made before I have to go out? I'm grinding all of my collected Pokemon up to 35 at the moment.

****, why did this thread have to be made before I have to go out? I'm grinding all of my collected Pokemon up to 35 at the moment.

I was actually worried that no one would replay haha, my fear of starting threads has been slightly irrational until now. Hopefully a few more fans will come out of the woodwork and this might take off :D

35 pokemon? Games or games and other stuff like teddies?

I will admit I have a pikachu teddy :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,441 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I remember a time when there was only 150 pokemon you could catch, when pokeballs only came in red and white and the pokemon were based off of animals. Now it seems there are ALOT more pokemon(How the f*ck did all those pokemon just suddenly get discovered and everyones like, holy sh!t there's more pokemon species out there), there are different types of pokeballs used to catch specific pokemon(because apparently you can't just use a normal pokeball to catch a Snorlax you need a heavy one) and the pokemon don't look like they're based off of animals now(A lot of them don't look like anything really. They just look like something you build out of lego or something). Yeah those were the days.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Hiya Jenny, This might be usefull for ya. :)

Riddle101 wrote: »
    I remember a time when there was only 150 pokemon you could catch, when pokeballs only came in red and white and the pokemon were based off of animals. Now it seems there are ALOT more pokemon(How the f*ck did all those pokemon just suddenly get discovered and everyones like, holy sh!t there's more pokemon species out there), there are different types of pokeballs used to catch specific pokemon(because apparently you can't just use a normal pokeball to catch a Snorlax you need a heavy one) and the pokemon don't look like they're based off of animals now(A lot of them don't look like anything really. They just look like something you build out of lego or something). Yeah those were the days.

Ah relax, gen 2 was the worst one personally, never really go gen 2, I'm in love with gen 4 and 5 pokemon though, I think some of them are great. Spiritomb for example is pretty much invincible!

Hiya Jenny, This might be usefull for ya. :)

omg! I did not know that even existed :eek:

So long AH it has been emotional :D

I have diamond, just finished yellow on an emulator! thinking of redoing crystal, always loved Suicune haha

http://oi42.tinypic.com/1zny0dg.jpg *cough*

I was actually worried that no one would replay haha, my fear of starting threads has been slightly irrational until now. Hopefully a few more fans will come out of the woodwork and this might take off :D

35 pokemon? Games or games and other stuff like teddies?

I will admit I have a pikachu teddy :D

I mean the ones I've caught in Diamond I'm grinding to level 35 before I continue. I like to keep them all up to par, so I can experiment with different teams on different Gym Leaders.

For metal work in high school, I made a Haunter. Took forever, but it looked awesome.

<3 100% haha lets be friends :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭choobles

I'll never forget all those days spent with Charmander

I mean the ones I've caught in Diamond I'm grinding to level 35 before I continue. I like to keep them all up to par, so I can experiment with different teams on different Gym Leaders.

For metal work in high school, I made a Haunter. Took forever, but it looked awesome.

Ah right I will spend hours just training the one pokemon. Good thing about black is using Audino to level up quickly. With a lucky egg it's quite fast!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

I played Blue a few months ago just to catch all the Pokemon using the Mew Glitch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

I had a dream team on soul silver - 6 level 100 magicarp!

Oh yes haha

While not 6 of them, heres a vid of some guy destroying a team of 6 of the toughest legendaries with a lvl 100 Magikarp (and some extra Poke's abilities).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ye7b3bOQ6lY

Fear the 'Karp.

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    While not 6 of them, heres a vid of some guy destroying a team of 6 of the toughest legendaries with a lvl 100 Magikarp (and some extra Poke's abilities).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ye7b3bOQ6lY

Fear the 'Karp.

Oh yea I've seen that. you can use an action replay to mod a pokemon's stats and moves. I just had 6 magicarp that were so pumped up with zinc, prptien, carbs, HP up etc that they were unbeatable. Use dire hit helps a lot too!

<3 100% haha lets be friends :D

Ferrr... end...?

Used to sit in the back of the classroom trading Pokemon with my friend, much to the scorn of our classmates and tutors; so we were around 21 at the time, and Pokemon was still very much just a kids' thing. Was working in a shop that summer, a kid came in with his Gameboy to buy batteries, was too slow to put my own Gameboy under the counter when he came in, he caught me playing Yellow and asked me if I had some Pokemon or other, he wanted to trade! Wasn't sure his parents would really appreciate that so I told him I um... couldn't play at work.

Played all Red, Yellow and Blue till I had caught 'em all, then went onto Gold but my ex had left and taken his GBA with him, and I just couldn't be bothered with it on the old original Gameboy.

Played one of the newer ones on my R4 card on my DS but the damn sd card broke and I lost the lot. Never had the heart to start over.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Nothing like a showdown in school. Throwing down my sleep dust on their stupid teams.

Not a nerd
    <_<

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

Strutting around with a level 80 Blastoise at the top of your squad and fighting all your battles with him while the rest of your squad stay stuck around level twenty ftw!

• Advertisement

There's a Pokemon forum?

Seriously, what doesn't have one on boards?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

omg! I did not know that even existed :eek:
    That's because it's in the Television sub-forum which makes no sense since anyone who would talk about it would be coming from the perspective of the game.

Strutting around with a level 80 Blastoise at the top of your squad and fighting all your battles with him while the rest of your squad stay stuck around level twenty ftw!

Charizard FTW

Charizard FTW

Marry me...?

ixoy wrote: »
    That's because it's in the Television sub-forum which makes no sense since anyone who would talk about it would be coming from the perspective of the game.

Funnily enough I was looking for a pokemon forum because I was stuck at one point trying to find a HM in black.
    Go figure it would be in TV never even thought of that!

• Advertisement

ixoy wrote: »

And, not to mention - the games are closer to the manga then the TV series.

Marry me...?

Pokemon themed wedding!

Pokemon themed wedding!

YES! BRILLIANCE! (I dibs the Charizard Costume! :D)

And, not to mention - the games are closer to the manga then the TV series.

Biggest pet peeve, people saying 'I bet ash!' when all I'm thinking is 'no you beat red you dingbat go home'

YES! BRILLIANCE! (I dibs the Charizard Costume! :D)

I want to be lapras! Love that pokemon too! *have a level 85 one on my black team!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

My perfect team:

Venasaur
    Blastoise
    Charizard
    Snorlax
    Zapdos
    Mew / Mewtwo

Om nom nom.

Biggest pet peeve, people saying 'I bet ash!' when all I'm thinking is 'no you beat red you dingbat go home'

Drives me insane! :(:(:(

I want to be lapras! Love that pokemon too! *have a level 85 one on my black team!

Actually I wanna be Suicune or Lugia! :D

My current black team: (And I'm switching it up)

Lucario
    Lapras
    Charizard
    Hydregion
    Gengar
    exeggutor

I'm going to get rid of gengar and get ampharos, and get rid of exeggutor and replace with espeon possibly.

I like to change up my teams though.
    My normal go to team is always:

Charizard
    Lapras
    Tyranitar
    Ampharos *he can learn thunder punch/fire punch/ice punch
    Lucario (I'm taking a liking to meinfou though)
    Alakazam

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭leposean

have an emulator downloaded on my laptop. play pokemon blue all the time

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement