Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Try of the Tournament

• 06-10-2007 10:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 291 ✭✭

Only two runners in my book, no matter what else happens.
    Japanese try against Wales.
    USA against the Boks.
    Hard to seperate but my money would be on US if only because the guy skinned Habana!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

usually you'd wait until the tournament is over...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

i'd go for the american effort.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

New Zealand against Italy where Ali Williams passes out of a tackle with a little flick to another AB who offloads to Rokocoko (i think) who crashes over...

Or the 100 yarder from Japan against Wales...

🤪

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

anyone got links to clips of these tries? coverage of the 'smaller' games has been piss poor over here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

Jauzion's try tonight is my try of the tournament... even with 2 forward passes thrown.

The Japanese one was the best of those 5 IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Takudzwa Ngwenya's try against South Africa. Looks better each time you see it. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 291 ✭✭bing3

Absolutely beautiful try :O

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

yep, i'd go for the USA try too.

BTW that chap is a dead ringer for CARL LEWIS the former U.S. athlete

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

USA try for sure, when are you gonna see Bryan Habana outpaced again??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭mikeruurds

keano_afc wrote:
    USA try for sure, when are you gonna see Bryan Habana outpaced again??

That's the last time he'll give an opposition wing the outside anyway ;) As a Bok supporter it pains me to say that the USA try is the try of the tournament so far.

Ngwenya and Habana are both lightning quick, but Ngwenya totally smoked Bryan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭Shanegggg

Have to say the Usa try.

I was there and watching Bryan Habana get outpaced was priceless!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

That USA try was something special alright. And not just cuz the winger burned habana. They worked all they way from they're own line. Clever putting that huge hand off on Buth James(i think it was him). As a poster above said, it really does look better each time u watch it.

Has anyone got a link for the Japanese try ye'er on about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭Junior

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=UCwYW-FeTu0

It's not great but it's the only one I could find.. that's the Japanese line you see there before they get the ball...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

That Japanese one was fantastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭yogidc26

Has to be the Japanese one the guy that score ran all the way from his dead ball line befor he got the pass

Still prefer the US try

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Diamondmaker

USA try for me too.

Also I think the Californinan guy (with the pony tail - name escapes me right now.) who started it off made a powerful break and a fantastic handoff to set it en route !

Watching the Jap one again I still give it to the US also cos they finished with so much time to spare it was under the posts, all that with BH covering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭johnnyboy4711

hands down!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

the USA try was the best individual try

and the second Argentina try against ireland was the best team try, me thinks:)

philstar wrote:
    the USA try was the best individual try

and the second Argentina try against ireland was the best team try, me thinks:)

The USA try was made 90 metres earlier by a huge hand off and then a nice looping pass on half way, thatw as a team try. AT least 4 hands also en route I think...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,459 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Wales scored three great tries in a row against Fiji. Maybe not the best tries of the tournament, but the best 10 minutes of tries I've seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Linford

The USA try was the best IMO, but the the winger who scored it says that he is more proud of the fact that he made Habana stop, which made it easier for him to outrun him, he also reckons that Habana is quicker than him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,990 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Japanese try against Wales.

Linford wrote: »
    The USA try was the best IMO, but the the winger who scored it says that he is more proud of the fact that he made Habana stop, which made it easier for him to outrun him, he also reckons that Habana is quicker than him.

Thats some feat as Habana must be a few st heavier too, that fella looked 10/11st no wonder he is fast. Wonder what his defence is like....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

That USA winger,whose name escapes me, will definitely be coming to a euro club soon.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭goose06

Chabal's against Namibia (I think) when he ran about 30 yards and went over with 2 Namibians hanging on to him

Advertisement