Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A Sunday Drive

• 25-03-2012 5:04pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭

Haven't gone on one in years, nothing like it really, think ill start the engine and take a spin and i might even buy a 99 for the day thats in it.
    When was your last Sunday Drive?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Costs a small bleedin fortune to go for a "drive" these days!! Stroll in the local park will do me :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭baltimore sun

Used to go to either Kilmore Quay or Rosslare Strand on dem summer days back in the 90s, global warming has put an end to it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

One of my favourite things is driving down to our beautiful coast and going for a walk along the cliffs or on the beach to be followed by going to the pub for a bowl of soup and a samwidge.

The weather doesn't even matter. The coast is even more beautiful in a storm imho.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭MickySticks

It'd be cheaper to hire a hooker for an hour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Do it all the time! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

Tis nice, but its a Sunday morning cycle these days and that is even nicer, it would be great if we could get this weather every Sunday.

I am going to start a petition and we will send it in to met eireann to make sure we do. Its pointless them dishing out the good weather when everyone is in work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,344 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Today! Lovely warm and nice and sunny today!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I used to always go for a drive up by Omeath and Carlingford on nice Sundays but there's a huge influx of Dubs appearing up that way lately whenever the weather is good, and driving on narrow country lanes as if they were still in the city. Idiots

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

44leto wrote: »
    Tis nice, but its a Sunday morning cycle these days and that is even nicer, it would be great if we could get this weather every Sunday.

I am going to start a petition and we will send it in to met eireann to make sure we do. Its pointless them dishing out the good weather when everyone is in work.

It should be a violation of human rights to be in work in Ireland on a sunny day. It's so rare that it should be provided for in the constitution. *says he, posting on an internet forum in 20 degree heat*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

Havn't gone on one in ages, I'd love to go on one! Just a drive to nowhere! Love them!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

tuck the 88 911 targa for a cut today :D was lovely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭fuerte1976

Haven't gone on one in years, nothing like it really, think ill start the engine and take a spin and i might even buy a 99 for the day thats in it.

Horgans in Ardfert do a mean 99 :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

I used to always go for a drive up by Omeath and Carlingford on nice Sundays but there's a huge influx of Dubs appearing up that way lately whenever the weather is good, and driving on narrow country lanes as if they were still in the city. Idiots

Wait an' I'll tell ya bout them ****in' Dubs and their fcukin' drivin.Dey tuk our fcukin' lanes,can ya believe that ? FCUKIN IDIOTS , I tell ya http://www.screenscene.ie/images/letters/savage_eye_2009_1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,107 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

fuerte1976 wrote: »
    Horgans in Ardfert do a mean 99 :D:D

I think Jonjo would prefer a mean 69.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

Sounds good but don't forget that nowadays a 99 costs about 14 euros.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Sunday drivers should be flogged.

ejmaztec wrote: »
    I think Jonjo would prefer a mean 69.

Banna carpark no 2 for them ;);)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭b.harte

Now, Now lads, take that offer to a PM :):):):):):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Oh wow. We did this every Sunday when I was young with the family and a picnic.

If you asked where we were going, it was always as far as turn back!

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,585 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

If the weather is sunny i take one of my minis out and just drive. No better feeling and really makes you enjoy a 'drive'

• Advertisement

b.harte wrote: »
    Now, Now lads, take that offer to a PM :):):):):):)

Howya boss. Small world ! ;);):cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

You've half of Galway out with this thread jonjo, more like a Sunday sit in traffic. :/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Cant enjoy driving on a Sunday, ****ing OAP's doing a whopping 40kph on a 100kph road or 20kph on a 80kph road.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭lisaface

It should be a violation of human rights to be in work in Ireland on a sunny day. It's so rare that it should be provided for in the constitution. *says he, posting on an internet forum in 20 degree heat*

You say it ,like 20 degree's is warm!:P

I refer to 'sunday drives' as a country thing, or rather a day that those slow slow SLOW drivers take to the road. Walking is much more relaxing , at least you can 'over take' the person/people who's slowing you down, without them trying to cause an accident!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭W.Shakes-Beer

Can't enjoy driving on a sunny Sunday in Dublin to be honest.

The only place away from the city centre on the Northside is out by Howth, Malahide and Portmarnock and sure enough, the first glimpse of sun...every person north of the Liffey takes to the roads and it is usually jammers...

Just sitting in the car, in traffic, in the heat, chugging petrol and just hoping for a little bit of nice open road to put the boot down...when that comes it ends soon when you catch up with a Nissan Micra or a Yaris, packed to the gills with the blue-rinse brigade, doing 30 km/h...

Better to just stay at home or wait til the sun goes down!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Petrol costs too much. I cant get into the car without feeling that horrible sense of money being sucked from me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,107 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Do you get a flake?:confused:

If her brother or father catches you, you will ;);)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭MisterEpicurus

Depends what part of the country you're in, but residents in Limerick have an enhanced form called the Sunday Drive-By...each to their own I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

I like to drive around drunk and in so doing, risking my life and those of other road users.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭Fiona

I went for a Sunday drive today :o

Went to visit a few mates and then spun down to Clontarf to chill out in the sun :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Last Sunday drive was for a lunch and a spin in Connemara a while back.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭sleepysniper

Great day for the motorbike yesterday.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

i drove back to dublin from carlow does that count?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Went for a drive with the boyfriend yesterday evening.... out to Skerries. It was lovely :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

This is why I wish my partner or I had a car, there is nothing worse than feeling trapped in some kipend of suburbia. Sun's still out so a nice walk might do me grand.

Haven't done that for years (a lot of years)I used to have a small motorbike back in the late 70's great fun, not as good in a car!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭Pdfile

i drive 7 days, cool it down on a fine sunday like yesterday but still get tailgated by boy racer;

once again i must make a statement about them; f you owwn a white nissan silva, fake rota's, cheap body kit, leaky Ca serise engine kicking out a whopping 130-140 hp ( didn't even sound turbo'd !! ), ebay exhaust amoung other cheap mods...

go f*** yourself.

regards,

everyone else driving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,861 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

It'd be cheaper to hire a hooker for an hour.

A Sunday pile drive...

Advertisement