Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI rumours etc

• 28-10-2010 12:41am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭

I'm hearing Ruairdhi Higgins and Gareth McGlynn are off to Derry.
    Rovers are after Connor Kenna.
    Ross Gaynor signs a new deal at Dundalk.
    Anto Murphy to Pats
    Raff Cretaro back to Sligo.
    Bohs will have a wage bill of about 20% of what it is this year so we'll probably have to release all our players and just have A-Teamers next year!
    I'm hearing Killian Brennan to Rovers as well.
    Anyone hear anything else?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭TheBigLebowski

BOHtox wrote: »

No thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Bohs will have a wage bill of about 20% of what it is this year so we'll probably have to release all our players and just have A-Teamers next year!

You wish.

Isn't karma a bitch? :pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Doubt it. Hes not worth the money. Cookie can find better players than Raf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,261 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Ruairdhi Higgins and Gareth McGlynn are off to Derry.

No thanks not after leaving when we needed players the most this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

They've never played for yous :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

I'd rather not thanks. Selfish showboater.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Ruairdhi Higgins and Gareth McGlynn are off to Derry.

Killian Brennan to Rovers as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Rovers are after Connor Kenna.

&t=1&usg=AFrqEzcuf3tY5HZdTpNTA5doOohZvvVgng

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭aliveandkicking

How do you propose to reduce your wage bill by 80% when half your players are already contracted on big wages for next season? Releasing them involves paying up the contracts you already gave them. Not paying them means not being granted a licence to play in the league next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭Sunset V

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Doubt it. Hes not worth the money. Cookie can find better players than Raf

Not if they lose Richie Ryan or John Russell. Heard rumours that both are off at season's end. If Bohs are forced to cut back that far then I can see Raff going back. Seems like a safe bet to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Mac Allister and kenna are the 2 players rovers alleged to have tapped up, both offered deals with Pats but havent signed anything. Oddly both clear favourites for POTY and YPOTY with us.

We rumoured to be signing:

Kelly Bray
    Kilduff UCD
    Bolger UCD
    Oman Bohs
    Powell Bohs

Atm we have Coughlan and Guy signed with offers made to 80% of this seasons team.

We have to get Kenna and Mac Allister signed tho imo thats who we build our team around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Mac Allister and kenna are the 2 players rovers alleged to have tapped up
    Nobody in Pats seem to understand that if a player has less than 6 months on his contract anyone is free to talk to him. This is not "tapping up".

CiaranC wrote: »
    Nobody in Pats seem to understand that if a player has less than 6 months on his contract anyone is free to talk to him. This is not "tapping up".

Mahon says yiz tapped em up so im going with Mahon, he is sort of known for his honesty.

Anyway what do you care? Turner Fenn etc? Not like you your club has any morals in these things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Mahon says yiz tapped em up so im going with Mahon, he is sort of known for his honesty.

Anyway what do you care? Turner Fenn etc? Not like you your club has any morals in these things.
    Mahon is full of ****. And I dont care tbh. Delighted Kenna is signing for us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Not over enamored with the Fenn and Turner deals myself but in both cases, the players wanted to come and with Turner, he was offered less money by Sligo than he originally signed for.

If players being nice people was a prerequisite for playing for your club, we'd all be fielding scratch teams.

Mahon is doing the siege mentality gig like many before. Players are free to talk to anybody they like at a certain stage on their contract.

And, as here and every other league in the world, the amount of hypocrisy spouted by supporters about tapping up and player loyalty is farcical, especially in a goldfish bowl of a league like this.

Bohs persuaded Cretaro to switch to them from us at the 11th hour (sensible move that, wasn't it Raf, mate? :pac:).

It happens everywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,363 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Raf to Sligo? No thanks.

Too much ego for a man that stands 5'5''.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

How do you propose to reduce your wage bill by 80% when half your players are already contracted on big wages for next season? Releasing them involves paying up the contracts you already gave them. Not paying them means not being granted a licence to play in the league next season.
    Sorry not necessarily wage bill as apposed to budget.

Mac Allister and kenna are the 2 players rovers alleged to have tapped up, both offered deals with Pats but havent signed anything.

Ah yes the old tapping up argument. Lets ignore all the laws of the game re: final 6 months of contract etc... and just go with "they once spoke to them so they tapped them up!"

It ain't tapping up if it falls within the laws of the game so get over it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Sunset V wrote: »
    Not if they lose Richie Ryan or John Russell. Heard rumours that both are off at season's end.
    Have you heard where to? Haven't heard a thing yet, but both are easily capable of a much higher level. Wouldn't surprise me if a Championship/ lower premiership team came in for either of them.

Lose those two and its hoofball for us next year:( Keep them and we'll be fighting for the league:)

Kelly Bray
    Kilduff UCD
    Bolger UCD
    Oman Bohs
    Powell Bohs

Atm we have Coughlan and Guy signed with offers made to 80% of this seasons team.

I think you need a Kilduff alright. Pete Mahon sides are always light on goals and think he could be a big help. Important to keep bones of the team this year. Especially want to keep the lieks of Kenna, Lynch, Pender, Bermingham, Rogers and Muller. Good, solid pros all of them.

• Advertisement

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Have you heard where to? Haven't heard a thing yet, but both are easily capable of a much higher level. Wouldn't surprise me if a Championship/ lower premiership team came in for either of them.

Lose those two and its hoofball for us next year:( Keep them and we'll be fighting for the league:)

Sorry for double post.

Heard Russell is going on trial with an English team the day after cup final. Quality player. I would tend to agree, with the exception of Joey, not too many ball players in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Tallaght Saint

Can't see CK singing for the renters. Think he'll still be wearing red next season

iregk wrote: »
    Ah yes the old tapping up argument. Lets ignore all the laws of the game re: final 6 months of contract etc... and just go with "they once spoke to them so they tapped them up!"

It ain't tapping up if it falls within the laws of the game so get over it.

Odd how you and CiaranC assume it happened within the 6 months and not previous?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Also heard the possibility of Shelley to Rovers. Wouldn't mind that but don't want Brennan anywhere near our team.

prove us wrong!

On another note...
    Article in the sun:

AXED: Fenlon is force to cut all his backroom

By Neil O'Riordan

Bohemians chief Pat Fenlon has been forced to axe his ENTIRE backroom staff because of the club's financial woes.

Assistant boss Liam O'Brien, goalkeeping coach Dermot O'Neill, scout Dave Henderson, physio Tony McCarthy, masseur Keith Browne and kitman Colin O'Connor were all told they would not be kept on.

As it stands, no out-of-contract player will be re-signed either as Bohs slash their budget in a bid to cope with debts of more than €5.5 million.

It is hardly ideal preparation before tomorrow night's final league games against Dundalk.

But Fenlon said: "As disappointing as losing to Galway last week was, it has been more difficult to tell my staff that they are being let go. There's an impression that they were earning a lot of money, that's not true. But they were very loyal and very good in the three years I've been here. They've done more than they've probably needed to. They've all contributed greatly but I've had to tell them that after Friday, they can't be kept on. It's very disappointing and a bit disillusioning. Despite that, we'll prepare in the same way for this game as we would any other. That's what's so sad because they're great professionals who will do their work. They'll do everything to prepare the players to try to win the game."

Bohs look to have thrown away a third successive title by losing to Galway last week. Fenlon added: "Last Friday was very disappointing but if you look over a season, that's when a league is won and lost. The only thing was we had a second chance last week and we didn't take it. Whether we get a third chance, time will tell. We will be professional and try to finish the season off on a high. We want to get our pride back and to get three points, if that brings something extra, great, if it doesn't we'll deal with it."

A goalkeeper crisis has been averted as Barry Murphy has recovered from the groin injury which forced him off in the 3-2 loss to Galway and will start as Chris O'Connor is suspended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

iregk wrote: »
    prove us wrong!

On another note...
    Article in the sun:

AXED: Fenlon is force to cut all his backroom

By Neil O'Riordan

Bohemians chief Pat Fenlon has been forced to axe his ENTIRE backroom staff because of the club's financial woes.

Assistant boss Liam O'Brien, goalkeeping coach Dermot O'Neill, scout Dave Henderson, physio Tony McCarthy, masseur Keith Browne and kitman Colin O'Connor were all told they would not be kept on.

As it stands, no out-of-contract player will be re-signed either as Bohs slash their budget in a bid to cope with debts of more than €5.5 million.

It is hardly ideal preparation before tomorrow night's final league games against Dundalk.

But Fenlon said: "As disappointing as losing to Galway last week was, it has been more difficult to tell my staff that they are being let go. There's an impression that they were earning a lot of money, that's not true. But they were very loyal and very good in the three years I've been here. They've done more than they've probably needed to. They've all contributed greatly but I've had to tell them that after Friday, they can't be kept on. It's very disappointing and a bit disillusioning. Despite that, we'll prepare in the same way for this game as we would any other. That's what's so sad because they're great professionals who will do their work. They'll do everything to prepare the players to try to win the game."

Bohs look to have thrown away a third successive title by losing to Galway last week. Fenlon added: "Last Friday was very disappointing but if you look over a season, that's when a league is won and lost. The only thing was we had a second chance last week and we didn't take it. Whether we get a third chance, time will tell. We will be professional and try to finish the season off on a high. We want to get our pride back and to get three points, if that brings something extra, great, if it doesn't we'll deal with it."

A goalkeeper crisis has been averted as Barry Murphy has recovered from the groin injury which forced him off in the 3-2 loss to Galway and will start as Chris O'Connor is suspended.

BOOM!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Rovers need strikers

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

LOI rumours summerised: Everyone to Rovers

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

And then we'll loan them out to teams based on their efforts this season as we see fit. :cool:

So Galway are in line for some stars, Bray might be, Dundalk well..they're not at the top of the pecking order right now..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Whats the financial situation like at Rovers!?

I'd be shocked if Kenna signed on anything less than 1k a week. Could be wrong tho...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement