Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new map

Options
  • 06-03-2015 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭

Just a little note to say there's a new map coming soon.

This new map will be focused more on the new FTTH announcements and what is already available at a specific location usually a user.

This is just an FYI as it's nowhere near ready just yet so if anybody has any ideas we'd be very interested?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭rob808

bealtine wrote: »

This new map will be focused more on the new FTTH announcements and what is already available at a specific location usually a user.

This is just an FYI as it's nowhere near ready just yet so if anybody has any ideas we'd be very interested?
    what FTTH announcements?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Eircom and ESB?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

Anybody up for a little pre-beta testing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

Anybody up for a little pre-beta testing?

I'll give it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

MMFITWGDV wrote: »
    I'll give it a go.

Thanks a million.

Will keep you posted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 wicklow_hills

yes, happy to test

maybe talk about the ideas on mapping on phone?
    we've been doing some work on this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭clohamon

Map (beta) now includes a new layer called 'NBP Market provided' it's the Department's layer of NGA provided by the Private Sector (the NBP map)
    http://www.irelandoffline.org/map/#/nbp

Its a little bit fragile still, but you can toggle some other dataset layers over it to see how things line up.

clohamon wrote: »
    Map (beta) now includes a new layer called 'NBP Intervention' it's the Department's layer of NGA provided by the Private Sector (the NBP map)
    http://www.irelandoffline.org/map/#/nbp

Its a little bit fragile still, but you can toggle some other dataset layers over it to see how things line up.
    The goverment map much better

rob808 wrote: »
    The goverment map much better

Apologies, the new layer is the 'NBP Market provided'

The 'NBP Intervention' layer refers to the announcement of fibre backhaul in April 2014

Why do you think so?
    I think for NBP on government map i found my house very easy and it easier to use I know irelandoffline map only in beta stage so it probably get better over time.

• Advertisement

rob808 wrote: »
    I think for NBP on government map i found my house very easy and it easier to use I know irelandoffline map only in beta stage so it probably get better over time.

The government map uses the Ordnance Survey base map which would cost money.
    If you've any other ideas about the navigation let us know.

Viewing it in Firefox 38.0.1 and had no issues.

I really like this map. It has gathered so much data and brought it all together in a single, very accessible format. I have regularly posted the link to the production map in the Broadband forum for people to locate WISPs in their area.

Well done to you and thank you for this.
    The 'NBP Intervention' layer refers to the announcement of fibre backhaul in April 2014

The only thing I see when this is ticked is little dots at various locations around me that I'm not certain have much relevance to any Broadband topic (no fibre/masts/exchanges/cabs). When I click on the dots I get a pop-up map with the placemarker in the middle and nothing much else.

Is this part still in development?

MMFITWGDV wrote: »

The only thing I see when this is ticked is little dots at various locations around me that I'm not certain have much relevance to any Broadband topic (no fibre/masts/exchanges/cabs). When I click on the dots I get a pop-up map with the placemarker in the middle and nothing much else.

Is this part still in development?

That layer refers to the announcement in April 2014. Given that the announcement was made in the run-up to the local elections you'd have to be skeptical. The only information we had was the locations listed by the department. The announcement at that time made no promises about FTTH. It was just about backhaul.

The NBP has moved on a bit since then so it's debatable whether that announcement (and that layer) is still relevant. It is what it is.

That layer refers to the announcement in April 2014. Given that the announcement was made in the run-up to the local elections you'd have to be skeptical. The only information we had was the locations listed by the department. The announcement at that time made no promises about FTTH. It was just about backhaul.

The NBP has moved on a bit since then so it's debatable whether that announcement (and that layer) is still relevant. It is what it is.

Gotcha - Thanks.

Advertisement