Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving Test

Options
  • 04-04-2015 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hey guys, okay so I can see that this Thread is super old but gonna post anyway. I have now failed my driving test 6 times as of last Wednesday. 6 tests ..so that was 1 test when I first started driving 6 years ago and 5 tests in the last 2 years. I have done my test 3 times in Finglas and 3 times in Raheny. The first time failing I didn't care because I was so new to it all. but the other 5 times are ridiculous. Especially the last 3. .I am with the ISM for lessons and get pretested every single time. I got the same lady in Raheny twice in a row ( she failed me one time for stopping at an amber light...I didn't believe it was safe to proceed) and the 2nd time she gave me 9 grade 2s because I didn't observe on my reverse enough...I should add that there was a homeless man behind my car that I had to stop for 2 minutes during the reverse to let him cross but he noticed I was being tested and purposely stood there laughing..so I feel that was unfair as a reason to fail me. Okay so then I thought I needed a new place so I went to Finglas 3 weeks ago... I had my test, everything felt like it went amazingly...I had a pretets just before and was told I'd 100% pass if I drove the same way I just did. So I did it and the guy told me : (His exact quotes) ...."I have to disappoint you today, I want to focus on the positives here...you are a very good, safe driver, the reason I have to fail you is because you were slightly too far to the left of the road on 4 occasions so that is a fail..BUT I really feel you can pass this test so I am recommending to you that you book a cancellation for next week, if possible.." then he whispered "please remember that you are a REALLY good driver" ... So I was like..okay this is the first time someone has given me warmhearted feedback.. obviously I went home rebooked it and then did it again last Wednesday at Finglas again, I got the SAME woman that I had those times in Raheny and who was (if i'm honest) the reason I actually moved test centres..what are the chances in that.. anyway so I didn't let that affect me but she failed me any way and circled 2 things on my result page... 1 for gears and 1 for turning right. She said that I got 3 Grade 2's for Gears and 1 Grade 3 for Observation turning right... So basically I failed because she said I never looked left and into my turn when I got an arrow to go right. I called her out on it and said that it was her word against mine and that I'm getting sick of this whole system. I've spent alot of money at this stage now. I really don't know what to do next, my driving instructor saw me afterwards and said I'd have to get a supervisor in the car maybe next time because it's too much hassle too appeal (it costs money too) so I don't know what to do. I really feel angry about the whole thing and my instructor says its just unfortunate that its their word against mine. It's another bad example of how things are being run in this country. Anyone else with the same problem?!!!!!!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,101 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Ask in the learning to drive forum then:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=909

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Also, please use paragraphs. It makes posts much easier to read.

Thanks.

Advertisement