Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Web host deactivated a/c

Options
  • 27-05-2010 1:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I set up a website and hosted it with an American company, I'm quite new at trying to make websites and only used it for fun and to design as I go along so I'm not that bothered. I got an e-mail saying they de-activated it because they couldn't contact me on my phone. I didn't know they needed to, what would they want to know?And is this the same with every hosting company?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭TheWaterboy

Its more a security thing than anything. You probably paid with an Irish credit card from an Irish IP address so this would of been flagged on their system. For fraud purposes some US hosting companies will contact you to make sure your legitimate. Send them an email with a proper contact number and talk to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭colly_06

Ok cheers man

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭colly_06

I e-mailed them a copy of my passport and it's sorted now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

If your based in Ireland you might consider hosting the site in Ireland. Makes it much easier to sort this things out.

Advertisement