Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Tipperary GAA (Club and intercounty) Discussion thread 2015

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,106 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

U21 parnell Park next Saturday 6pm

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Site Banned Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Spirit of 67

Buses organised by Friends of Tipperary Football are leaving on Saturday :

Tipp Town 1.30 pm
    Cahir 1.45 pm
    Cashel 2 pm
    Horse and Jockey 2.15 pm

Still seats available , cost €15 , call 0868334553 .

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Happy it's been switched to Parnell Park, will give me a chance to escape study for the night. Much easier to get to for people travelling from Tipp so should be a good atmosphere too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,073 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Happy it's been switched to Parnell Park, will give me a chance to escape study for the night. Much easier to get to for people travelling from Tipp so should be a good atmosphere too.

As far as I know there is a bus strike on the day, from looking at the map Killester dart station is not too far away from the ground!

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Paddico

Yeah much better option in Parnell Pk followed by a pint or 10 in Chaplins.

Getting very excited about this now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

Few let go from the hurling panel, most notably Paul Curran and Tom Stapleton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Rasputin11 wrote: »
    Few let go from the hurling panel, most notably Paul Curran and Tom Stapleton.
    How many have been cut from the squad? What are the numbers in the training squad now?

How many have been cut from the squad? What are the numbers in the training squad now?

Curran, Stapleton, Bourke, Bill, Sean and Stephen Maher plus the 2 Butlers. I think they are down to a 30 man panel now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 219 ✭✭PlayByTheRules

I'd say Curran would have liked nothing more than another cut off that Larkin fella and a few other KK players but it seemed from the league that he just wasn't up to the right pace. What do ye Tipperary lads think about Larry coming back, can he still be largely carried in games like in Cork Semi-Final last year and replay game? His performance in the drawn game was unreal in fairness. And what about this Shane Bourke fella, has he ever fully stood out in a game?

Curran, Stapleton, Bourke, Bill, Sean and Stephen Maher plus the 2 Butlers. I think they are down to a 30 man squad now.
    I don't understand why they keep it to just 30 in squad. I know cost can play a role to an extent but 30 isnt enough for full on training matches within the squad with there always being injuries, knocks etc
    I'd say Curran would have liked nothing more than another cut off that Larkin fella and a few other KK players but it seemed from the league that he just wasn't up to the right pace. What do ye Tipperary lads think about Larry coming back, can he still be largely carried in games like in Cork Semi-Final last year and replay game? His performance in the drawn game was unreal in fairness. And what about this Shane Bourke fella, has he ever fully stood out in a game?
    Don't see any issue with Lar involved. His talent is too much for him not to be involved..

• Advertisement

If Paul Curran has been let go from the panel now is time to propose a vote of thanks for his sterling service and honest endeavours to the team down through the many years.

I have no problem with culling the panel from to time but let's show our appreciation for those who have worn the blue and gold with honour for those many years.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

Curran, Stapleton, Bourke, Bill, Sean and Stephen Maher plus the 2 Butlers. I think they are down to a 30 man panel now.

Bill Maher's future lies in football, and he will go on to be a tremendous asset to the Tipperary Senior Football team. Let me take this opportunity to wish Bill and his brother Paul every good luck along with their Kilsheelan/Killcash club mate Evan Comerford every good luck on Saturday evening in the All Ireland under 21 Football Final.

Nice to see these guys emerging from under the shadows of Slievenamon!

Tipp to bring home their first under 21 All Ireland Football Title on Saturday.

Xenophile wrote: »
    Bill Maher's future lies in football, and he will go on to be a tremendous asset to the Tipperary Senior Football team. Let me take this opportunity to wish Bill and his brother Paul every good luck along with their Kilsheelan/Killcash club mate Evan Comerford every good luck on Saturday evening in the All Ireland under 21 Football Final.

Nice to see these guys emerging from under the shadows of Slievenamon!

Tipp to bring home their first under 21 All Ireland Football Title on Saturday.

Watched the semi again on TG4 player and Bill Maher was outstanding.
    He was also brilliant in the Munster final as was his brother Paul who kicked two lovely points

Many on here travelling to the game on Saturday.

Out of curiosity many on here have no interest at all?

Paddico wrote: »

I'm going, but I'm living in Dublin so it's handy if I was living in tipp I'm not sure I would go. Probably just watch it on the box.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭buggy beag

Paddico wrote:
    Id watch it on the telly its dear enough following the hurlers couldnt afford to follow both codes even though id like to but its great to see the interest and u enjoy reading yer posts about the footballers so keep em coming☺

buggy beag wrote: »
    Id watch it on the telly its dear enough following the hurlers couldnt afford to follow both codes even though id like to but its great to see the interest and u enjoy reading yer posts about the footballers so keep em coming☺

Drop the hurling attendance for a year and follow the footballers instead.
    Definitly cheaper Buggy :D

Watched the semi again on TG4 player and Bill Maher was outstanding.
    He was also brilliant in the Munster final as was his brother Paul who kicked two lovely points

Bill was outstanding, I hope just like Colin O'Riordan he will now opt for football. His younger brother Paul is only 18 and doing his Leaving Cert this year.

There is a bus strike on Friday and Saturday, I am fairly sure that trains, Luas and Dart will be running.

Killester Dart station is only a five minute walk to Parnell Park!

• Advertisement

There is a bus strike on Friday and Saturday, I am fairly sure that trains, Luas and Dart will be running.

Killester Dart station is only a five minute walk to Parnell Park!

Yep, anyone travelling via train can get the luas to Connolly and then hop on the dart for a few mins there. If you were rushing back to make the last train i'd say a taxi would be the best way.

Getting one of the FoTF Buses from the H & J .

Bill was outstanding, I hope just like Colin O'Riordan he will now opt for football. His younger brother Paul is only 18 and doing his Leaving Cert this year.

Fairplay to Paul.
    Out of curiosity are there any of this years minor crop on the extended u-21 panel?
    I know Danny Owens played a few Hastings cup games. I’m presuming he’s Johns son.
    A fine footballer John was who.

Fairplay to Paul.
    Out of curiosity are there any of this years minor crop on the extended u-21 squad?
    I know Danny Owens played a few Hastings cup games. I’m presuming he’s Johns son.
    A fine footballer John was who.
    No don't think any minors are involved with u21s squad or should be. I hope there isn't any minors with the 21s. They don't need to be. Better off playing just minor at intercounty level to go with their club commitments. Burnout etc and also lets another actual u21 get a shot. The minor if good enough will have 2-3 years as a county u21 player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 503 ✭✭✭johnb25

All,

Tickets for the match are 'General Admission Unreserved Seating'. Does that mean the tickets are for the Stand only, or any part of the ground.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭evolving tipperary

• Advertisement

I am amazed that that so few people have used this forum to thank Paul Curran, a man of the highest integrity to thank him for his dedication to Tipp hurling over so many years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

I am amazed that that so few people have used this forum to thank Paul Curran, a man of the highest integrity to thank him for his dedication to Tipp hurling over so many years.

Why, do you think he reads it?

johnb25 wrote: »
    All,

Tickets for the match are 'General Admission Unreserved Seating'. Does that mean the tickets are for the Stand only, or any part of the ground.

Thanks

Any part of the ground JohnB

I wonder has Tom Fox chance of getting called up to the Tipp hurling panel?

squad at 26 is about right for now.
    I wonder has Tom Fox chance of getting called up to the Tipp hurling squad?
    Is he better than those already in the squad? Would he be better off concentrating on u21, club hurling and add him later on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭buggy beag

I wonder has Tom Fox chance of getting called up to the Tipp hurling panel?

Seen him couple times with the minors liked what i saw.hes pat foxs nephew is it?

digzy wrote: »

I'd hope no county players read online message boards, they can get pretty poisonous at times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

I'd hope no county players read online message boards, they can get pretty poisonous at times.

That was kinda my point.....

I am sure he has plenty of family, friends and work colleagues who would tell him about it.

That was kinda my point.....

The poison pens only come out for people associated with existing teams, managers etc. Not for players whose inter county career has ended.

There is a time for everything and now is the time to show gratitude to Paul Curran, especially when taking into consideration the manner in which he is departing from the team.

Like Paul Curran have no fear, especially when it comes to showing gratitude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Paul Curran has announced his retirement from inter County hurling,he was a brilliant player for Tipp and will be hart to replace,best of luck to him and thanks for the memories Paul.

Back in 2003, when Philip Maher became injured during the league final of that year, Paul Curran who had planned to go to America that summer was requested by Michael Doyle to postpone his plans and played the championship for us that summer.

Despite being thrown in at the deep end he performed brilliantly. Over the next 12 seasons, Curran gave everything to the cause. One of the finest most underrated full backs in the game, like Eoin Kelly he should have won alot more then he did with Tipperary.

Thank you for everything Paul. Enjoy your retirement.

Does anyone remember that goalline save in 2011? Sheer class

Same team v Tyrone :

Evan Comerford (Kilsheelan Kilcash), Kevin Fahey (Clonmel Commercials), Jimmy Feehan (Killenaule), Colm O’Shaughnessy (Ardfinnan), Ross Mulcahy (Moyle Rovers), Luke Boland (Moyle Rovers), Bill Maher (Kilsheelan Kilcash), Steven O’Brien (Ballina), Colin O’Riordan Capt. (JK Brackens), Jason Lonergan (Clonmel Commercials), Ian Fahey (Clonmel Commercials), Liam Casey (Cahir),Kevin O’Halloran (Portroe), Josh Keane (Golden Kilfeacle), Paul Maher (Kilsheelan Kilcash) .

Same team v Tyrone :

Evan Comerford (Kilsheelan Kilcash), Kevin Fahey (Clonmel Commercials), Jimmy Feehan (Killenaule), Colm O’Shaughnessy (Ardfinnan), Ross Mulcahy (Moyle Rovers), Luke Boland (Moyle Rovers), Bill Maher (Kilsheelan Kilcash), Steven O’Brien (Ballina), Colin O’Riordan Capt. (JK Brackens), Jason Lonergan (Clonmel Commercials), Ian Fahey (Clonmel Commercials), Liam Casey (Cahir),Kevin O’Halloran (Portroe), Josh Keane (Golden Kilfeacle), Paul Maher (Kilsheelan Kilcash) .

11 South.
    2 North
    I Mid
    1 West

Could have been more mid men here, if they were interested. I look forward to seeing the subs bench.

Wishing everybody concerned a great day in probably one of their most important football days ever!

Same team v Tyrone :

I wonder what people think of Luke Boland. I watched the whole game again against Dublin and he was the only player not mentioned once.
    I'm guessing he was tasked with a man marking job with Josh playing very deep at times but not sure.

• Advertisement

Does anyone know if tickets for the game tomorrow can be bought in Supervalues/Centras tomorrow or is it just at the game itself?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Does anyone know if tickets for the game tomorrow can be bought in Supervalues/Centras tomorrow or is it just at the game itself?

They sponsor the championship not the league so I doubt it. I can't imagine any shortage of tickets at the game though so you should be alright.

GerB40 wrote:
    They sponsor the championship not the league so I doubt it. I can't imagine any shortage of tickets at the game though so you should be alright.

I got two in SuperValu kilkenny for u21 final and they sell league tickets also . Buy now and avoid the queues

Looking forward to this evening! First ever under 21 Football game. Talk about jumping on the bandwagon :)

Anyway, hope we can make history!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Is the match abandoned ?

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,842 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

It was delayed severely because the paramedics were attending to two different spectators who collapsed during the break.

Back on now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,842 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

What the hell was up with the ref bringing play back for Tyrone's 9th point (free)

The guy fell over and skimmed the knee!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭igorbiscan

Hard luck Tipp, don't what was going on there at the end.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement