Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

League Cup 4th round

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

The League Cup as a trophy means fook all to me and should for any serious Reds fan.

should it indeed?

being a humble spurs fan, i was delighted we won a trophy of any description last year, but i suppose lack of success makes you appreciate any small bit that much more.
    gives you a little bit of humility as well, which is clearly lacking somewhere around here.

of course, if you were serious about the league, you should have won at white hart lane a fortnight ago...

oh, and good to go into the next round of the cup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

10 on 10 now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 438 ✭✭podge79

SantryRed wrote: »
    10 on 10 now.

i hope che have got better at penos!

I don't:D

I don't:D
    lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

should it indeed?

being a humble spurs fan, i was delighted we won a trophy of any description last year, but i suppose lack of success makes you appreciate any small bit that much more.
    gives you a little bit of humility as well, which is clearly lacking somewhere around here.

of course, if you were serious about the league, you should have won at white hart lane a fortnight ago...

Don't Get me wrong I like Liverpool to win trophies but with the History of the club and growing up with the history and the success its time we turned things around and got all of that back. If it means sacrificing smaller competitions then so be it.

Oh and we can't win them all. Same could be said for Man U or Chelski both losing to Liverpool if they were serious of winning the league they should have beaten Liverpool.

so neither chelsea or utd want to win the premier league this season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

should it indeed?

Awesome, congrats. lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Burnley score firsd peno

Mike

but with the History of the club and growing up with the history and the success its time we turned things around and got all of that back. If it means sacrificing smaller competitions then so be it.

I wonder how many nottinghham forest fans are thinking that right now?
    it always amazes me thqat certain teams fans feel they have the right to expect so much more than they get.

still, im hoping to play watford in the next round and then maybe blackburn and then stoke in the final.
    i feel you can never win enough mickey mouse trophies :)

• Advertisement

1all now.

podge79 wrote: »
    so neither chelsea or utd want to win the premier league this season?

whitewashman implied it thats why I said that. Read his post then mine and it will click with you :D

Burnley 3-1 come on come on! :D

Mike

bridge missed.. fool!

Chelsea getting dumped out:D

Wade Elliott misses, the dipstick

Malouda scores so I think the Chaves will scape through.

Mike

it always amazes me thqat certain teams fans feel they have the right to expect so much more than they get.

still, im hoping to play watford in the next round and then maybe blackburn and then stoke in the final.
    i feel you can never win enough mickey mouse trophies :)

Yes Liverpool fans do expect and why not right. You can't compare Liverpool to Forest now in fairness. As **** as Liverpool got over the last 19 years, we didn't implode and get relegated we picked ourselves up and have started the road to recovery. Every year we edge closer to our best shot at the league.

http://kop-tv.com/go/ft-tottenham-4-2-liverpool-video/

defender wannabees need not view.
    defending video nasties contained within.

FCUKING STUPID CNUT SO I AM.

Burnley are through!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Mike

• Advertisement

ah flipping flip flip

FCUKING STUPID CNUT SO I AM.

No, I amn't:cool:

Knew what I was doing:pac:

Burnley or Derby at home next please:D

Didn't Chelsea win the league when they were knocked out on penos to Charlton at the Bridge a few years ago?

go on the burnley

right thats bridge and mikel added to the list of "never let them ever near taking a penalty again"... hmmm alot of names on this list.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,018 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

~Rebel~ wrote:
    Hope Chelsea win tonight tbh and keep on going winning in the CC. Any extra front they have to fight on gives pool (and the rest of the league) a better chance in the other 3 competitions.

bugger, back to a level playing field for the important competitions.

All the same, Congrats to Burnley, great result.

Didn't Chelsea win the league when they were knocked out on penos to Charlton at the Bridge a few years ago?

2005-2006

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    bugger, back to a level playing field for the important competitions.

All the same, Congrats to Burnley, great result.

aye well done burnley

Im watching 'You're on sky sports'. I dont know why - its awful! Who are these cretins? The guest pundit is awful, as is the host. Sensationalist nonsense, and they only seem to read out the crazy diatribes of the disgruntled and insane.

They're going on and on and on about Liverpool, and the disgrace they were tonight, the lack of passion from non brits etc, while giving a brief mention of congratulations to Burnley for beating the best team in the country. If pool have to get this abuse from losing to THE form team in the league, should Chelsea not get some stick too? I dont think either Rafa or Scolari will lose any sleep over being out of this competition, why do so many other people seem to feel so aggrieved?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Im watching [insert random call-in show] I dont know why - its awful! Who are these cretins? The guest pundit is awful, as is the host. Sensationalist nonsense, and they only seem to read out the crazy diatribes of the disgruntled and insane.

Fixed that for ya.

Fixed that for ya.

true i guess. Its scary to hear the opinions of the unwashed masses sometimes though!

i know. its like reading the soccer forum on boards.ie sometimes
    ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Fair play to Burnley and Spurs. Spuds looked very good tonight. Are they undefeated since Arry joined? Shows the impact a manager can have I guess.

Hopefully (for them) Harry has the sense to chuck Gomes out on his ear in January! He is a terrible.... terrible.... goalkeeper.

5 wins and a draw.

Drogba could be in trouble.

Mike

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

you are not seriously comparing notts forest and liverpool are ya :mad: what next ipswich being compared to arsenal (they were top of the league in the early 80s and won a european trophy)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

ntlbell wrote: »
    he obviously didn't learn from gerrads diving skills.

need to work on that in training

what is wrong with you?

This is why people like me end up going on tyranical rants.

I say something that as far as I'm concerned was reasonably gracious in defeat, mention the penalty that never was - and you jump on this.

your trolling is tiresome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,605 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

mike65 wrote: »
    Drogba could be in trouble.

Mike

Why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,605 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

mayordenis wrote: »
    what is wrong with you?

This is why people like me end up going on tyranical rants.

I say something that as far as I'm concerned was reasonably gracious in defeat, mention the penalty that never was - and you jump on this.

joke - joked - joking

1. something said or done to provoke laughter or cause amusement, as a witticism, a short and amusing anecdote, or a prankish act: He tells very funny jokes. She played a joke on him.

2. something that is amusing or ridiculous, esp. because of being ludicrously inadequate or a sham; a thing, situation, or person laughed at rather than taken seriously; farce: Their pretense of generosity is a joke. An officer with no ability to command is a joke.

3. a matter that need not be taken very seriously; trifling matter: The loss was no joke.

4. something that does not present the expected challenge; something very easy: The test was a joke for the whole class.

5. practical joke. –verb (used without object)

6. to speak or act in a playful or merry way: He was always joking with us.

7. to say something in fun or teasing rather than in earnest; be facetious: He didn't really mean it, he was only joking. –verb (used with object)

8. to subject to jokes; make fun of; tease.

9. to obtain by joking: The comedian joked coins from the audience.

;)

rossie1977 wrote: »
    you are not seriously comparing notts forest and liverpool are ya :mad: what next ipswich being compared to arsenal (they were top of the league in the early 80s and won a european trophy)

i feel you may have missed my point by quite the margin. never mind.

anyway, I didnt take much note of tuesday nights games, but when I saw the list of teams left i was decidedly shocked to see so little of bigger teams left in the last 8.

from william hill

Chelsea Out As United Carling Favourites
    CHELSEA OUT - UNITED NEW CARLING FAVOURITES

Manchester United are 15/8 favourites to win the Carling Cup with William Hill, who also offer 2/1 Arsenal; 7/2 Spurs; 13/2 Blackburn; 14 Stoke; 25/1 Burnley; Derb y; 50/1 Watford.
    CHELSEA, who were Carling favourites and had been backed to 80/1 to win all four major trophies this season are now 11/8 with Hills to win nothing at all.

i have to admit, i would have expect some team from the traditional middle section of the EPL to be still there, a pompy, or a villa or an everton.

funny old game.

• Advertisement

Apparently Drogs did a Jamie and threw back a coin.

Mike

constantly calling other users trolls becuase they say something you dont like is tiresome.

its also lazy. at least make an effort to explain instead of trying to dismiss any other opinion with a 'troll' quip.

mike65 wrote: »
    Apparently Drogs did a Jamie and threw back a coin.

Mike

didnt carragher throw a water bottle or something back into the crowd?
    i heard drogba threw a coin back.

that will probably be a 10 year ban considering the FA have decided that its yellow card november (sponsered by hallmark apparently)

At Arsenal about 5/6 years back Carra was the target for a Gooner with a few pence to spare, he made the error of returning it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/fa_cup/1785757.stm

Mike

constantly calling other users trolls becuase they say something you dont like is tiresome.

its also lazy. at least make an effort to explain instead of trying to dismiss any other opinion with a 'troll' quip.

What?

He's clearly trolling he was obviously dying to have another go at Gerrard, as always with him.

It's not an opinion I don't like - it's an attitude I don't like. What do I need to explain?

He does it all day long every day, every liverpool related thread.

People can't actually get along in here as long as people like him and to a lesser extent you act like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

was a three match ban for JC, should be at least the same for Drogs assuming there is some sanction from Chelsea.

WWM, nice to see you, you have not been around these parts for manys the long week, wonder what it was brought you back :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

He has just issued an apology now, sounds a bit lame to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

What?

He's clearly trolling he was obviously dying to have another go at Gerrard, as always with him.

It's not an opinion I don't like - it's an attitude I don't like. What do I need to explain?

He does it all day long every day, every liverpool related thread.

People can't actually get along in here as long as people like him and to a lesser extent you act like this.

Jesus dude, I jest I jest....

It's not trolling at all you seem to go out of your way to try and take offence in everything that is said against any liverpool player...

I threw in a jab about campbell a united player scoring a few goals

did you see ste kellys retort? that's how we do it here...

Your constant trolling accusations are getting tiresome...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

from william hill

Chelsea Out As United Carling Favourites
    CHELSEA OUT - UNITED NEW CARLING FAVOURITES

Manchester United are 15/8 favourites to win the Carling Cup with William Hill, who also offer 2/1 Arsenal; 7/2 Spurs; 13/2 Blackburn; 14 Stoke; 25/1 Burnley; Derb y; 50/1 Watford.
    CHELSEA, who were Carling favourites and had been backed to 80/1 to win all four major trophies this season are now 11/8 with Hills to win nothing at all.

Backed Arsenal at 12/1 at the start of the season, hopefully we can go all the way this time.

Aye - I'm tetchy is all - carry on nothing to see here.

• Advertisement
Advertisement