Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scrap the league, says Indo hack

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,497 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I see where you were going.

If they want to advertise their club as a global brand then it's part and parcel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

noodler wrote: »

If they want to advertise their club as a global brand then it's part and parcel.

Absolutely completely agree. As a fan and all Chelsea would be one of the worst offenders of this. I've been to Stamford Bridge a lot of times myself but I just don't get the same buzz and satisfaction there that I do at a Rovers game. Maybe thats just me though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

gimmick wrote: »
    I know at this stage Irish Liverpool fans are actually viewed with disdain around Anfield. Basically day trippers.

Having had a spell living in England, I can say its not just Liverpool. The regular match-going-fans over there detested fans from outside their own area within England claiming an attachment to their team, nevermind what they thought of foreigners travelling in...!

Or so was my experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Having had a spell living in England, I can say its not just Liverpool. The regular match-going-fans over there detested fans from outside their own area within England claiming an attachment to their team, nevermind what they thought of foreigners travelling in...!

Or so was my experience.
    Similar experience for me with friends in Manchester. They feel sorry for the Irish really, think they are saddos.
    noodler wrote: »

Thats true. But proper football fans have no interest in 'marketing their club as a global brand' at any price. Its out of their hands and its just the way football is going, sadly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

The indo always has plenty of EL stories. Their chief writer Daniel McDonnell was a dundalk fan long before he was a journalist. Plenty of stories in the indo that aren't doom and gloom. The Herald is a far worse offender, boycott that well before the indo.
    Anyway, David Kelly is a rugby fan, he had a few articles about how rugby is so much better than soccer. No wonder he wants to disband the league

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

Quint wrote: »
    The indo always has plenty of EL stories. Their chief writer Daniel McDonnell was a dundalk fan long before he was a journalist. Plenty of stories in the indo that aren't doom and gloom. The Herald is a far worse offender, boycott that well before the indo.
    Aidan Fitzmaurice in the Herald is a Bohs fan and does a good job with LoI stuff there.

Advertisement