Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

enterprise: the xindi *spoliers*

Options
  • 11-09-2003 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭

please dont read if you dont want to know about spoilers for this episode

ok. where to start. theme music has changed. now, its more like little house on the prarie meets jon bon jovi. fantastic start.

it follows on the last episode of the season 2 where enterprise enters into the expanse to find the homeworld of the xindi, which we learn soon that there are fice distinct species of xindi, some reptillian, some insect like and some aquatic. nothing wrong there. it isnt the best start of the season, pretty boring actually. oh yeah, you also get a glimpse of T'Pol's breasts. worth watching alone for that scene.

the new assualt team looks something straight out of Star Trek: Elite Force, the game, where they operate like a commando team for the enterprise. i hope not every episode resorts to their usage, it will get boring fast.

adnans

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

hmmmmmmmm breasts how come they never did that with seven :p

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I saw in the day after it aired in the states (thanks to DSL ;-) )

Anyway I thought it was a good ep and I look forward to the rest of Season 3 as its going to get alot darker.

As for the theme music, pfft
    Its gotten worse then ever :mad:
    If only they leave the actually music, tone it back to what it was last season and leave out the signing.
    Then the theme would be good...
    :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

great i cant wait to see this epp now for the brests anyway, i`ll be getting my hands on it tomorrow so i`ll let ya know what i think when i watch it!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

yeah got to see it and it was a great epp. Music is a bit mad now but i`ll get used to it. The final secene with tucker and tapaul was very memorable. Xindi look intresting though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

So the Xindi are a society composed of a number of seperate races working together..?

*Cough* Dominion *Cough* :rolleyes:

The scene with T'Pol though... hmmm...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Anyone see teh write up this got in the Bad Signal column?
    Imagine you've been watching this show for the last two years. Just for a second, no need to call the bloody doctor's. Assume you've been enjoying the adventures of presumably tough and resourceful spacefaring types exploring and taming their little bit of the galaxy. And here's the third season of stories, presenting their greatest challenge yet.

And they say fúck it, we better take on a bloody great squad of Marines to do the tough stuff for us, eh? I might break a fúcking fingernail fighting terrorist aliens.

Game over.

Or, if you will:

"Well... Spock. I've considered the.... situation. And. I. Think it would be best if... we turned around, went back home and got a lot of soldiers todothefightingforus."

"Dr McCoy, please observe. The Captain's entire penis has broken off at the root. Fascinating."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Not dominion like at all, for the Founders infact created the Vorta and the J'emhidar
    Genetically altering them to best suit their roles severing the Founders.

Where as the Xindi are 5 highly evolved sentient races that each dominate their own Georgica region but as they are not adaptable to regions bar their won have no interest in taking over the total planet wiping each other out maybe :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

I thought it a good episode, the extra beat in the theme tune will take a while to get used too, bit silly really.

When i seen the insect race, galaxy quest instantly came to mind, wasn't too impressed by that, the other races are reasonable ;)

The tactical team, well it is early days in the federations development so it isn't fair to compare it to the crews to come, i think its alright actually quite enjoyed the rescue scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

I thought it was one of the most appaling episodes I've ever seen. An insectoid-led council of bad guys whose sole purpose is to destroy Enterprise? What a load of c0ck!

Archer is as bad as ever. Nearly every line now starts with "There was a story my father once told me..."

T'Pol is just a piece of meat on legs walking round flashing bits of flesh at the cameras - no storyline whatsoever.

Roll on the new Next Generation with Riker at the helm. I'm looking forward to seeing the "Riker Swagger" some more! (Look at the way he walks next time you see an episode).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

Originally posted by mr_angry4
    Roll on the new Next Generation with Riker at the helm. I'm looking forward to seeing the "Riker Swagger" some more!
    I'm aware of the swagger, but not of this mystical new Next Generation malarkey, please continue :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement