Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Star Trek Game

Options
  • 16-07-2003 12:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 441 ✭✭

I want to buy a Star Trek game doesn't matter what it is based on i.e. Enterprise, Voyager. I have a few Star Trek games have finished them the only one I can think of at the moment is Star Trek Armada. Has their been any other releases since Armada 2??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

the real problem is that the games in the Star Trek franchise have been, in general, very poor. The last one I really played myself was Armada II and that was lacking in a few areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

There is some discussion of star trek games here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=99494

i must say that i haven't played anything fantastic either.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

bridge commander

great muiltplayer game ( 89 kills in one week!)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

I love birth of the federation, borrowed it from a friend about 4 years ago, havn't given it back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

The original Armada rules ! I still play it online regularly.
    ArmadaII sucked :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭mcgarnicle

The original Armada rules ! I still play it online regularly.

Me too, that game rocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

i brought back that game as it seemed too easy after having played a good bit of command and conquer, how did armada 2 manage to be worse then the first one?

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭mcgarnicle

Armada was nicley balanced and easy to get into, Armada 2 has some stupid weapons and is just annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

Final Unity owns all your other Star Trek games.

adnans

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Lyconix

Elite Force and its recently-released sequel (both First Person Shooters) - the former is based on Voyager, and the latter on Enterprise.

Birth of the Federation - a turn based strategy. Takes some patience, but very rewarding, and particularly good in multiplayer. A little buggy though...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Beck Amerdam

Bridge Commander definitly!
    No game captured the atmosphere of Star Trek quite like that game.

BC rule,s should play it on gamespy

come join the best clan for it www.redsquadrons.org :)

I would but there doesn't seem to be anyone playing it and one of the servers messed with one of the model files (sovergin ship files I think). Any ideas how I can fix that prob?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Final Unity rocked. Hard to get it working on modern PCs tho.

Birth of the Federation is alright, as is Elite Force.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Smeg

Only game i ever bought was Armada. It was a really good game and stil play it.

Never went online as i assumed no-one would be playing it online since it is really old. Ill have to go online now though.

I would but there doesn't seem to be anyone playing it and one of the servers messed with one of the model files (sovergin ship files I think). Any ideas how I can fix that prob?

IF your talking about BC ......It seems your getting a file mismatch remember their,s unoffical patchs to beat the band out for Bc .....1.2 1.2b 1.3 1.3b mpmp Kuu ..........Im currently useing 1,3B

I'm currently using the v1.1 patch, I didn't realise that there were any other patches out. It ran fine on the first few servers but then one server told me it was downloading a custom sovergin ship for me, I didn't think much of it at the time since I thought it would just get deleted later but it seems to be the cause of my problems. I fear I may have to do a reinstall but if you could tell me where I could get the other patches maybe they'd fix the problem?

www.bcfiles.com

Remember all patchs need a fresh install of bc (i currently have 4 versions)

SO if you download 1.3B you need to uninstall bc and deleate all files and folders left over ....Install bc install 1,1 install 1,3 install 1,3b

:D

Thanks for the link mate but I still think the rest of the post deserves this :p:

:rolleyes:

aye its a pain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Kevok

Best Star Trek game hmmmm?

Well I'm going to say 3 games, and they are the games I enjoyed most from start to end.

Birth of the Federation, the micromanaging was tough at first but when mastered gave alot of control over your economy.

A Final Unity, decent voice acting, a space combat simulator that wasn't half bad (i loved the damage report system), and good FMV for the time.

Star Trek DS9: The Fallen, the game noone played :(, no FMV, story was told using the engine, which was a modified UT engine. Had it's problems like most games that the developers sought to remedy by releasing a 30mb patch. Patches in this broadband enabled age still don't get that high. But the story was engrossing, and embraced the quirkier side of the DS9 arcs rather than the more exciting Dominion War.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭LastIrishMonkey

Well i just bought Star trek elite forces 2 i have heard great things about the game as most reviews gave it 8/10 so i cant wait to get well into the game :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

I loved Voyger:Elite force its like another voyager epp, i watched it.... i mean played it twice, it was a bit short though.

Armada was good as well!

Advertisement