Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get into the Wedding Planning field..

Options
  • 28-01-2014 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi all!

Can anybody help me with my query?I am going to be finishing up my Wedding Planning course in the next couple of months, but I don't know what my next move should be. If anyone can help it would be much appreciated :-) thanks all!

icklstar2912

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭makeandcreate

Hi all!

Can anybody help me with my query?I am going to be finishing up my Wedding Planning course in the next couple of months, but I don't know what my next move should be. If anyone can help it would be much appreciated :-) thanks all!

icklstar2912

I think you'll need to find your niche and USP - what will make you different from all the other planners out there?
    Are you going to do absolutely everything packages, weddings abroad, civil ceremonies, goth weddings, themed weddings etc. The scope is huge.
    What about "props" candy carts, bay trees, arches, huge martini glasses, doves in cages - do you know where to hire these things ...
    If I wanted a wedding planner I'd need to know that they had knowledge of things that interested me & a strong conceptual vision.
    Offer a free planning package to a local radio as a giveaway prize (make it that they need to visit your FB page to find the answer perhaps) - try and get a slot on a radio programme talking about DIY wedding tips.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

What wedding planning course did you do, do you mind my asking? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Icklstar2912

I did my Wedding Planning course with Courses Direct Online, :-)

Advertisement