Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2012 Leinster Novice Boxing Championships

Options
  • 11-09-2012 10:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

Does anyone know the date? And i would also like to introduce myself as i will be competing at the lightheavy weight...Any body else at that weight? Anything to say about the championships would be welcomed...Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭NickMondo

Last year was last week in october, I fought in that weight class last year but going to make 75kgs this year I think, what club are you in?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Out of interest, what is the age limit for these? I was due to compete last year but work obligations got in the way, always been meaning to head back to the club to try it again. I'm 26 by the way.

same as myself, it's 35 I think so you've a bit of time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 larrylamp

Im in St. Matthews Ballyfermot. How did you get on and was it your first time fighting? Also were are you based? Im 28 by the way and looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭ak51535

So i Presume they'll be around oct/early november?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

My understanding is its 30 is the age you must have boxed by

Sorry to say im out with a cracked rib from sparing...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭ak51535

hows all the pre season training going?

It's going grand, still a bit of weight to drop. Heard some news i'm really hoping isn't true, guy said if you've fought in it before you become like a second tier pick which effictively means like if there's 8 people in your weight class and your number 9, your just not included? is that right? sounds wrong but i'd imagine a draw or someone gets a bye?

Any news on this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MBC

The Dublin Novices weigh in this coming Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭roseybear

i heard the dublins are this week and the leinsters are the following week

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭straps

anyone know where i can get the results of these competitions?

Any weight in particular or them all? I have the programme and would be able to recall a few wins but not all of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭straps

ah just in general really. i tried a search and the iaba website but couldnt see anything.

Yea i know, a bit of effort on there part would be nice would'nt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

straps wrote: »
    ah just in general really. i tried a search and the iaba website but couldnt see anything.

The iaba site only deals with national events, your coach is who you need to talk to.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

The Leinster novices are over. They were on a few weeks ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭endswell

efb wrote: »
    The Leinster novices are over. They were on a few weeks ago
    they were on wednesday 12th

Advertisement