Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running WAMP/XAMPP on Windows 7

Options
  • 23-04-2010 11:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭

Howdy,

I have downloaded and installed a WAMP server. I am trying to run this on my new laptop now, on my old laptop it worked straight away, but I am having issues now.

When I try to go to [localhost] , all that shows up is a blank page. The PHPMyAdmin page gives an error 404.

I do not have skype or IIS installed/enabled. When I test port 80 it says it is in use by Server : Apache/2.2.11.
    I have turned off all firewalls - Windows and McAfee. I am in the process of deleting McAfee entirely now, it has been so annoying and preventative.

I'm at a bit of a loose end, I have tried reinstalling twice, I tried changing the httpd.conf file to read listen 81/82/83/97/8080/1080, with no change. Tried restarting multiple times.

Can anyone help me out please ?

Running on an acer 5740g, Windows 7 64bit.

I seem to have tried everything.

I have now deleted WAMP and am trying to run XAMPP. Same problems.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

Give Mowes Portable a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭daymobrew

What directory did you install XAMPP to?
    This thread mentions a warning not to install it to C:\Program Files.

In the XAMPP for Windows forum I didn't see any threads about such serious issues with XAMPP on Windows 7, thought it might be worth you asking there.

Have a look in the Windows Event Viewer to see if XAMPP reports any errors. In Vista it is under Control Panel/Administrative Tools.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

try easyphp there was one problem with windows 7 but I was to do with permissions for mysql and it was an easy fix

Advertisement