Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Velogames Tour de France 2015 - spoiler tags required for same day race info

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Briando

I had it in my mind the
    Fabian
    could take yellow looking at the parcours of the first 4 stages.
    Its a pity that Martin always has to work for his team, would really like to see what he could do if the shackles were taken off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

Briando wrote: »
    I had it in my mind the
    Fabian
    could take yellow looking at the parcours of the first 4 stages. Its a pity that Martin always has to work for his team, would really like to see what he could do if the shackles were taken off.
    What's sad for me is that if
    Cavendish wasn't so selfish and thought a bit more about somebody other than himself Martin would be in yellow
    !
    A little push at the line instead of giving up because he had no chance of winning and Etixx would have got something for all their hard work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭g0g

Wow fourth place - now there's a first! 429 points today. May as well enjoy it briefly as my team always seem doomed to crash, quit or have a bad year!

Kavrocks wrote: »
    What's sad for me is that if
    Cavendish wasn't so selfish and thought a bit more about somebody other than himself Martin would be in yellow
    !
    A little push at the line instead of giving up because he had no chance of winning and Etixx would have got something for all their hard work

My thoughts exactly at the time, though hard to tell in slow-mo if he did ease up or not. I'm a big
    Tony Martin
    fan, would have loved to see him in yellow.

Tony Martin always struck me as really similar to Cancellara, both could be classed as big strong rouleurs. Why isnt Martin a threat in the classics then? Couldnt he do damage on the cobbles?
    Damn Cavendish for starting his sprint to early and basically leading everybody else out and wasting Martin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Reginald P. DuM

Briando wrote: »
    My thoughts exactly at the time, though hard to tell in slow-mo if he did ease up or not. I'm a big
    Tony Martin
    fan, would have loved to see him in yellow.

He definitely eased up.. sour grapes... My outstanding memory of him was his reply to a journo who asked him about his fellow cyclists doxxxxg... "How do you know if one of these journalists isnt fu(king you wife" Says it all about his personality. Tony Martin is gonna make sure Britain vote YES in the Euro referendum!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭letape

I have Valverde and Rodriguez on my team so have high hopes for tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭dancrowley

mhiggy09 wrote: »
    bet your eating your words now. Cancellara in yellow after today

Hehe, not really, although FC did savage work to get himself into such a position. Long way to go! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭dancrowley

Jude13 wrote: »

It is on Netflix. Excellent stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Jude13

Sweet cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 828 ✭✭✭Koobcam

I saw this on a KLM flight a year or two back-it was in Dutch, but looked like a pretty decent cycling documentary from what I could make out. Similar sort of thing I think to that documentary on Telekom from 2003 I'd say, though maybe with a different angle as far as the doping is concerned...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

Koobcam wrote: »
    I saw this on a KLM flight a year or two back-it was in Dutch, but looked like a pretty decent cycling documentary from what I could make out. Similar sort of thing I think to that documentary on Telekom from 2003 I'd say, though maybe with a different angle as far as the doping is concerned...
    It is very interesting and gives you a good insight into the peloton and behind the scenes what the riders are like. I would recommend it to anybody with even the slightest interest in the Tour and cycling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭drdeadlift

I watched that documentary on netflix two or three weeks ago.Really good watch.The other half watched it too.
    I had tears in my eyes when the team massage guy was talking about his daughter,guess you get a bit softer when you have kids of your own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭g0g

g0g wrote: »
    Wow fourth place - now there's a first! 429 points today. May as well enjoy it briefly as my team always seem doomed to crash, quit or have a bad year!
    And the curse of being on my team has struck!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭manafana

now in my different approach not paying off so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

just joined in today. middle of the pack thus far and never done well in the TdF velogames but at least all my selections have remained upright so far

Froome
    Bertie
    Dan
    Sammy
    Stybar
    Navarro
    Barta
    Rodgers
    Kristoff (a total disappointment so far for somebody who said they were gunning for green :( )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Reginald P. DuM

Think it's time to start naming and shaming, those on teams that have yet to score... I have one duckegg, FDJ's Jeremy Roy... He not gonna be happy when he sees this, motivation perhaps. Get the finger out Jeremy! :D Great racing so far in general though, think its the best start to the Tour in recent times.. Rough on Cancellara mind you, but to finish ST 3 on a broken back is fairly impressive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Top score in today's stage. :) Doing ok but it's my first time ever doing a fantasy cycling thing so don't expect to go that well although I'm currently 6th overall.

All that in the boards league of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,504 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Rui Costa has the square root of shag all for me as well, everyone else has gotten some points, although I have one abandonment (dumoulin)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Three zeros from me with Lars Boom, Luke Durbridge and Sam Bennett yet to score.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭stecleary

very surprised by who's not scoring for me, thought sammy b would have got in the mix a bit by now and thought nibs would have got his up to the gills hentchmen on the front a bit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65 ✭✭nthside_cycle

Just joined today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Vanmarcke is my only rider on 0 points. Today was his biggest chance of getting anything though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Think it's time to start naming and shaming, those on teams that have yet to score... I have one duckegg, FDJ's Jeremy Roy... He not gonna be happy when he sees this, motivation perhaps. Get the finger out Jeremy! :D Great racing so far in general though, think its the best start to the Tour in recent times.. Rough on Cancellara mind you, but to finish ST 3 on a broken back is fairly impressive.

Rolland on my team would you believe! im just outside top 2000 overall happy enough

eagle eye wrote: »
    Top score in today's stage. :) Doing ok but it's my first time ever doing a fantasy cycling thing so don't expect to go that well although I'm currently 6th overall.

All that in the boards league of course.

Second on today's stage myself! Delenklob, Martin, Rodriguez coming good for me.

My only rider not scoring is Hesijdal - but I expect him to come good in week 3, like in the Giro :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭mhiggy09

Froome
    282 pts
    Van Garderen
    167 pts
    Bardet
    2 pts

Martin
    101 pts
    Bennett
    0 pts
    Kruijswijk
    0 pts

Edet
    0 pts
    Teklehaimanot
    0 pts
    Cavendish
    175 pts

My group of riders. Disappointed that edet didn't get into a break yet. Teklehaiminot and Kruijswijk should do something in the mountains as well as Bardet. Hopfuly Bennett can grab a few good stage placings or possible a win.

I'm hoping for Cav or Delenklob to win today and Martin to stay in yellow!

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Bizarre- I thought I joined this but when I login to velogames I don;t appear to have a team...could someone check the boards league and tell me if my team is there?! (I think it's called headwind all the way ) Thanks!

• Advertisement

colm18 wrote: »
    Bizarre- I thought I joined this but when I login to velogames I don;t appear to have a team...could someone check the boards league and tell me if my team is there?! (I think it's called headwind all the way ) Thanks!

Yep - your there Colm - on 904 points

Advertisement