Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Road tyres

• 02-07-2015 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

Hi all
    Looking for advice as to what brand tyre to get. Would pay a bit extra if I knew that chances of less punctures. Also any.people s thoughts on 23c v 25c
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭gypsy79

Continential GP2 4000s

There is a reason why they were unavailable for months!

just put a new set of 25s on my bike the extra comfort was immediately noticeable

25s are more puncture resistant and speedwise there are arguments for 23 and 25s. Dont go there or you will spiral into a huge circle of physics

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 198 ✭✭markusz

gatorskins or schwalbe duranos as well for more grip and puncture resistance. these are winter tyres. GP 4000s are more of a racing tyre but still great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭tommy_tucker

markusz wrote: »
    gatorskins or schwalbe duranos as well for more grip and puncture resistance. these are winter tyres. GP 4000s are more of a racing tyre but still great.

gatorskins and duranos don't have more grip, there more puncture resistant yes and they last a lot longer because there made form harder rubber but GP 4000's are one of the most grippy tyre out there but don't last as long as the rubber is softer. some riders will use them the year round as there more safer in the wet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭macnab

I use GP4000s tyres all year round on my good bike, on my commuter and on my beater. I recently replaced a set of 4000s tyres on my good bike, they have been used for at least 2 years without a puncture. I do 5000km a year and got my first GP4000s puncture last month after I hit a pothole in Cabra.
    Gatorskins have very poor grip in the wet, I would rather run the small risk of getting a puncture over the risk of falling off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Bloggsie

Hey ho fellow boardsie's where is the best place to get tyres, LBS or the tinternet, LBS who fit them as well?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭velopeloton

Continential GP2 4000s or Four Seasons. Four seasons are slightly heavier and more expensive and have greater puncture resistance.
    Totally recommend 25s over 23s

Michelin pro4 are also very good and much cheaper.

cycletyres.fr offer great value. Site is in French and Spanish but they will ship to Ireland.

Advertisement