Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Velogames Tour de France 2015 - spoiler tags required for same day race info

Options
  • 24-06-2015 10:06pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ladies and Gents,

Time for the biggest one of the year, and probably the most difficult one yet. Fantasy Tour de France 2015 :D

Free to enter, just for fun. Register on www.velogames.com

League Name: Boards de France
    League Code: 24225905

Good luck, have fun :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭mhiggy09

This year will be near impossible to pick a team. So many riders to choose and so many in good form.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 waywardchild

anyidea when the final team lists will be posted

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

anyidea when the final team lists will be posted

The remaining ones will be announced over the next 4 days or so

• Registered Users Posts: 13,305 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I've entered. The final list of riders still needs to updated on the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Bugsy2000

Forget Contador & his double. The real story is can I do the Velogames double!! Not likely I have to say.

After much consternation about the inclusion of Betancur in my Giro team, I ditched him last minute but had supreme confidence in the remainder of my team (To tell the truth, no one was as surprised as I that I won)

Bloody hard to call this time around though. The points are in someone with a few stage victories really, never mind a Top 5 finish. Do ya go for some classics riders for week one or climbers for later on. Hmmmmmm....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Signed up

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

nibali is cheap enough and I think he will love the first week rather than Quintana froome contador

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Are people going with 2 sprinters?
    I have Cav and Dekenkolb at the moment but might switch Dekenkolb for another climber.

spock. wrote: »
    Are people going with 2 sprinters?
    I have Cav and Dekenkolb at the moment but might switch Dekenkolb for another climber.

I'm thinking Cav as my sprinter and Sagan as my wildcard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

I'm thinking Cav as my sprinter and Sagan as my wildcard.

I can't afford Sagan unfortunately (have Froome and Nibali)
    I'm gonna stick with Dekenkolb as the wildcard. Having looked at the route again I reckon he can get a stage win and a few top 5s.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mamax

Signed up too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭REBELSAFC

Sagan is the big decision for me. Current form V historically massive Velogames points collector.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I'll give this a go this year as I'm off the bike at the moment. It might help alleviate the bad dose of cabin fever.......

sagan is a points machine in the tour. is it worth having 2 sprinters or 1 tho?

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭dragratchet

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    sagan is a points machine in the tour. is it worth having 2 sprinters or 1 tho?

you've got your big bunch mayhem sprints and your reduced bunch sprints, sagan is suited to the latter so i have him in with a big bunch sprinter too. degenkolb would be good instead of sagan too

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭topcat77

Bugsy2000 wrote: »
    Forget Contador & his double. The real story is can I do the Velogames double!! Not likely I have to say.

After much consternation about the inclusion of Betancur in my Giro team, I ditched him last minute but had supreme confidence in the remainder of my team (To tell the truth, no one was as surprised as I that I won)

Bloody hard to call this time around though. The points are in someone with a few stage victories really, never mind a Top 5 finish. Do ya go for some classics riders for week one or climbers for later on. Hmmmmmm....

Wasn't happy when you passed me on the last 2 stages. dam fabian aru and his late wins :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭snollup

Anyone know how we could get the boards jersey added to the selection :D

snollup wrote: »
    Anyone know how we could get the boards jersey added to the selection :D

Sounds like a great idea!

I presume you just need to contact Velogames and ask them if they could add a jersey.

Would we need permission from Boards first?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Sounds like a great idea!

I presume you just need to contact Velogames and ask them if they could add a jersey.

Would we need permission from Boards first?

Yeah I think the velogames guy is happy to add any jerseys to the game. I can make the enquiries if people want? We might have to make the thumbnail image ourselves, I wouldn't really know how to do it but I'm sure someone here does!

I'll run it by Dav but I'm sure that'll be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭brianoak

I'm in!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Alberto Contador Tinkoff - Saxo 20
    Ryder Hesjedal Team Cannondale - Garmin 8
    Daniel Martin Team Cannondale - Garmin 10
    Nairo Quintana Movistar Team 22
    Sam Bennett Bora-Argon 18 8
    Nicolas Roche Team Sky 8
    Tony Martin Etixx - Quick Step 8
    Lars Boom Astana Pro Team 6
    Pierre Rolland Team Europcar 10

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭VR46

IN. First time playing velogames. Need some beginners luck.

really tempted by martin T he should win the time trial and could keep yellow for few days!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Reginald P. DuM

July = The tour. Skipped this few years past but back for the attemt at glory. And none of my friends are into it so theres no other league to join!! The team presentation tonight has got the juices flowing and my cynics hat is off til the end of the month, lets do this!!!! Could do with 120 credits mind you, dam its tight...

I completely changed my team around today!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,833 ✭✭✭daheff

i'm in

not sure how much I get of the scoring...but sure its a bit of fun :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭dragratchet

in. have a tinkoff heavy squad.. Dan Martin in there for a bit of irish interest

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭mirrormatrix

Also in. Went for Bertie for the win, but a bit worried by the Nibali threat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Reginald P. DuM

Also in. Went for Bertie for the win, but a bit worried by the Nibali threat.

They are your top 2, work from there! It's what I did.. Ant arms Froome can take a hike I reckon he doesn't finish the race!! He'll probably win it tho being serious. Just no joy in backing him for me. Looking forward to it now, week off work for the final week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭laraghrider

Balls. Swore I'd not do this again after my pathetic showing last year when Froome, Bertie and Cav all blew up in my face. There we go. Come on Froome dog, stay upright this time.

Advertisement