Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Veitgong

Options
  • 21-04-2003 9:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

well im thinkin of buyin it but what u all think of it cos well I'f only realy played the demo and it looks prity nice

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Personally i thought it was utter rubish... so many better games out there...

I note there are 2 versions of the game teen and Uncensored, in Uncensored has racist slurs and u can blow heads etc off the bad guys....

Get Red Faction II thats loads of fun :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Rnger

Originally posted by Rew

Cmon now... That game sucks! Vietkong is far superior

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

What about Vietcong? That any good?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Touché Mister Amp.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Originally posted by Rew
    Personally i thought it was utter rubish... so many better games out there...

I note there are 2 versions of the game teen and Uncensored, in Uncensored has racist slurs and u can blow heads etc off the bad guys....

racist slurs in a game :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

\o/

OOOOOHHHH NOOOOOOooooo.......!

RF2 out already?
    The first game sucked balls.
    Graphical quality akin to Halflife engine + some deformable scenery - anything remotely likening to game, plot or storyline != a good game imho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 fusionuser

well i made up my mind and i ament goin to buy it, but is there any better games out there ex hl,bf1942 and ao

Well red Faction on the ps2 was utter pants. Usually conversions are simlar except for MOH.

Vietcong was good for what i played. The multiplayer demo with the crashed plane is what i played.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Yeah i take that back about Red Faction its not great the more i play it the less i want to.... :(

Still Vietcong isn't as good as some of the other recent titles...
    Still playing BHD and Raven Shield, great games...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,040 ✭✭✭BKtje

I got a problem in Vietcong,
    the problem is that i am unable to damage enemies in the singleplayer mission. Im at 1 yard firing fully automatic and i fail to hit them. Had same problem in the last drill camp mission.
    I can however hit targets without a problem in the tutorials. Any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Originally posted by Rnger
    Well red Faction on the ps2 was utter pants. Usually conversions are simlar except for MOH.

Vietcong was good for what i played. The multiplayer demo with the crashed plane is what i played.
    Red Faction was originally developed for the PS2, and then ported to the other formats. MOH:Frontline was a completely different game to MOH:AA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Dizz

B-K-DzR - get the 1.1 patch and if your using fairlights cracked exe... don't! ;)

Dizz

Originally posted by Barry Aldwell
    MOH:Frontline was a completely different game to MOH:AA.

I stand corrected. ps2 versions omaha was awful... I mean you run up and down the beach looking for people to save at one point!

Whats Vietcong single player like then?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 1,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭satchmo

I love it.. the drill sergeant really cracks me up ("GET DOWN THERE OR I'LL CUT OFF YOUR DICK AND SHOVE IT DOWN YOUR MOTHERF*CKIN THROAT" or something similar :p). It's one of the few games that I'm playing again after finishing it, and probably will again after that. Plus there's a 'quick fight' option which puts you in a small-ish level with a bunch of VC, great for quick 10-minute games. It's bloody difficult on 'vietcong' mode though.

The sounds of the jungle are great, and I find it fun just tramping around following your pointman (a good game device.. you can wander around yourself or tell your pointman to lead the way. the rest of your team - medic, engineer, radioman - also covers you and will give you ammo, heal you and call in airstrikes for you if you ask them to).

I've played the multiplayer too, and it's great fun.. especially the coop mode if there's only a few of you. Deathmatch is good too.
    I'd recommend it alright.

Advertisement