Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Thomson TWG-870U & Technicolor TC7200 - Enabling "Cable modem" mode - basic guide

Options

Comments

Alan3002 wrote: »
    Thanks for the explanation!

Hmmm so I should be able to disable this option myself?

Yep, on mine I just uncheck the IPv6 support enabled option as shown below:

367610.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Alan3002

Karsini wrote: »
    Yep, on mine I just uncheck the IPv6 support enabled option as shown below:

367610.PNG

Excellent! I'll have a look at my ASUS Router settings. Thanks so much for your help! I really appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Dave..M

Was feelig adventurous so recycled my TWG this evening just to check and it maintained bridge which was a big relief. I see drabisan on the VM thread also set bridge back up on his so seems to be good to go, for now anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭ondafly

I'm bridged using a Thomson TWG - I have it on a UPS for as long as I can remember, so its never rebooted :) however I'm having issues since around 7:30pm last night. TeamSpeak dropping out, certain websites not loading at all. Even now I am remoted over TeamViewer and that works fine but www.geforce.com (for example) won't load.

I really don't want to reboot the Thomson (in fact I can't see anywhere on the GUI for it either to do it remotely ) and I'm just wondering is anyone else having these issues ?

My speedtests are fine and my external IP is in the 46.7.x.x range if that has any bearing.

ondafly wrote: »
    I'm bridged using a Thomson TWG - I have it on a UPS for as long as I can remember, so its never rebooted :) however I'm having issues since around 7:30pm last night. TeamSpeak dropping out, certain websites not loading at all. Even now I am remoted over TeamViewer and that works fine but www.geforce.com (for example) won't load.

I really don't want to reboot the Thomson (in fact I can't see anywhere on the GUI for it either to do it remotely ) and I'm just wondering is anyone else having these issues ?

My speedtests are fine and my external IP is in the 46.7.x.x range if that has any bearing.

It could easily be a different issue but this happened my friend when I was setting up his bridging for him.

He was bridged and it half worked. He was connected to the internet but many, many web pages wouldn't load. Only a small few would get through.

The issue in the end was Wi-Free was enabled for him and once it was removed, he was fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭ondafly

I've had Wi-free disabled since day 1, also removed the antennas on the Thomson. Just in case I just logged onto my account there and it states Wi-free as disabled.

I think I'm going to have to reboot....and then have a little cry if the bridge mode hack disappears.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭illingworth22

I have just received my replacement router, from the EVW 3226 to this Technicolor TC7200.

Before I set up the Bridging I am contacting VM to disable Wi-Free but do I also need to get them to change me from IPv6 to IPv4, if I am on IPv6?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 dsagra

I have just received my replacement router, from the EVW 3226 to this Technicolor TC7200.

Before I set up the Bridging I am contacting VM to disable Wi-Free but do I also need to get them to change me from IPv6 to IPv4, if I am on IPv6?

Hi, yes, before trying to bridge your TC7200 you need to be sure that you're not on DSLITE (IPV6) and WI-Free. Just drop a pm to Virgin Media: Reps here on boards to get this sorted.

dsagra wrote: »
    Hi, yes, before trying to bridge your TC7200 you need to be sure that you're not on DSLITE (IPV6) and WI-Free. Just drop a pm to Virgin Media: Reps here on boards to get this sorted.

Do I need a reason to ask for IPv4? Or do I just request?

Do I need a reason to ask for IPv4? Or do I just request?

You can simply tell them that you need IPV4 to do port forwarding or that you have issues with your work VPN connection :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭MrTrebus

cannot get this to work at all, and they have insisted on me trying it with wifree switched on too.
    Does it absolutly need to be switched off ?
    keep getting the same timeout error everytime, no matter what I try !

B°iiocks I just unpacked my TP Link router, purchased from Komplett .IE and it has a bloody foreign plug on! So fecked off right now

• Registered Users Posts: 33,697 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Dam Amazon Lighting deals for black friday week.

Just picked up the TP Link Archer 2600.

impulse buy, but sure it should be a smashing router. Anyone have one using the bridge on TC7200

• Registered Users Posts: 21,427 ✭✭✭✭Alun

B°iiocks I just unpacked my TP Link router, purchased from Komplett .IE and it has a bloody foreign plug on! So fecked off right now

All Komplett stuff has European plugs, and always has done. Don't let the .ie domnain fool you, they're Dutch and everything is sourced from the Netherlands.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 AwayOuttaThat

My Cable mode Thomson TWG died and I have a replacement TC7200, just installed today and working fine in Home mode. However none of the three options work on this new device. All time out. I did an nmap on the TC7200 and only port 80 is open. No sign of port 161 via a telnet either.

TC7200 software version is STD6.02.11.

Is the party over?? :-(

I don't think 6.02.11 can be bridged. :(

Karsini wrote: »
    I don't think 6.02.11 can be bridged. :(

True, same here: using 6.02.11 sw version on TC7200 I get timeout through SNMP (other people are complaining about the same in this thread). Likely something changed on VM side (config file or something else).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Alun wrote: »
    All Komplett stuff has European plugs, and always has done. Don't let the .ie domnain fool you, they're Dutch and everything is sourced from the Netherlands.

Plug is a minor inconvenience... Imagine if you get a notebook with US-International keyboard...

Any confirmation on bridging issue with 7200 ?

Yes appears can't get in to SNMP sw version 6.01.27 locked out looks like no bridge available again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭prmcnamara

Any modem recommendations then? I literally can't find one in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

prmcnamara wrote: »
    Any modem recommendations then? I literally can't find one in Ireland.

If Docsis modems were publically available, one would need to be activated by VM... Good luck with that...

Internet down completely since last night. Could be a fault in the area since the phone is after knocking off too.

I just hope it hasn't been a bridge mode change :/ Using TC7200.
    Network access was denied on it last night but seems to be "allowed" this morning but I still have no access.

EDIT: Area fault apparently. My non bridged friend around the corner is down too.

Internet down completely since last night. Could be a fault in the area since the phone is after knocking off too.

I just hope it hasn't been a bridge mode change :/ Using TC7200.
    Network access was denied on it last night but seems to be "allowed" this morning but I still have no access.

EDIT: Area fault apparently. My non bridged friend around the corner is down too.

Internet came back up the next evening. Just so folks know, my TC7200 is still bridged.

Internet came back up the next evening. Just so folks know, my TC7200 is still bridged.

@Alan3002 What software version are you running on the 7200?

(Yes appears can't get in to SNMP sw version 6.01.27 locked out looks like no bridge available again.)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭techdiver

So are we saying after Virgin blocked bridging and then re-enabled it after complaints, they have blocked it again on routers that were not previously bridged?

This is getting ridiculous!

@Alan3002 What software version are you running on the 7200?

(Yes appears can't get in to SNMP sw version 6.01.27 locked out looks like no bridge available again.)

6.01.27. It's always been on that version as far as I know

6.01.27. It's always been on that version as far as I know

can you get in to SNMP ? how do you know its still bridged.

Port 161 appears to be blocked.

listermint wrote: »
    can you get in to SNMP ? how do you know its still bridged.

Port 161 appears to be blocked.

I'm not entirely sure what you mean about the first part.

But I know it's bridged because there is a lot less options in the TC7200 UI, the Wi-Free is finally removed from my account and my Archer C7 is doing all the work perfectly.

It's acting the same as it was last year when I first bridged it.

The only method that ever worked for me though was this.

And this is the link to the program needed.

• Advertisement

I'm not entirely sure what you mean about the first part.

But I know it's bridged because there is a lot less options in the TC7200 UI, the Wi-Free is finally removed from my account and my Archer C7 is doing all the work perfectly.

It's acting the same as it was last year when I first bridged it.

The only method that ever worked for me though was this.

And this is the link to the program needed.

How did you bridge it ? The latest FW removed the bridge option btw. You are probably running the C7 as an access point and the TC7200 is still modem and router.

Advertisement