Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cooperative gaming

Options
  • 17-04-2003 10:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭

I have a small network at home and grow tired of beating the other guy in all games (except Unreal-original for some reason).
    Wondering if you guy's have any good suggestions for cooperative games ? The kind like Halo ? Tips are welcome !

Ps: I have WarIII, C&C +clones etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Serious Sam, Ghost Recon, Starlancer, Fifa 2003 !

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Tetris !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Wook

urgh... tetris....

can't believe nobody is into cooperative gaming...
    -sigh-

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

I think ya can play DOOM in Co-op mode

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

serious sam 2 is well worth checking out

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Red Alert 2 and C & C Renegade have Co-op renegade is pretty crappy but RA2 kicks ass IMO

Especially when your partner builds a million trillion tanks and send half of em to defend your base while in the meantime your building anm air force to put the US's to shame

I LOVE it anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

havn't tried it myself, but there's a mod for half life called sven coop that lets you play the singleplayer game in coop...
    iirc kdjac posted something about a similar mod for rtcw a few months back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Yeah, most RTS games have decent co-op - anything with good computer AI is a lot of fun to play against with two of you working together.

Generals is a bit of an exception because it's got such woeful enemy AI, sadly.

Serious Sam and its sequel are a fun few hours worth of co-op play.

You can also get a patch for System Shock 2 which lets you play it co-op, which is a lot of fun.

And of course, the primary mode of multiplayer in Doom III will be co-op....

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 1,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭satchmo

Vietcong has a really great coop mode actually, it's just a pity that only a few of the maps support it. Hopefully as the community grows more will be produced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Quake 1 and 2 support full coop "single player" campaigns, as does Neverwinter Nights (and most other RPGs).

A number of Operation Flashpoint maps support coop too.

Matt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Sloth

I can vouch for Sven Co-op, it's absolutely great over a small LAN (mine only has 2 in it) and is by far and away my favourite co op game although co op System Shock 2 comes in a close second. It's a big heffer of a download though so try and get it off the cover disks of some magazine.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Rainbow6, or it's sequel Rogue Spear.

They're both absolutely cracking for co-op play and they're almost certainly going dirt cheap now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

As per quigs suggestion, starlancer or freelancer should be quite a good laugh working together, it won't last too long though, you have been warned, although with the amount of mods on the horizon that may well change!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,860 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Doom = the co-op daddy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

The Sven coop mod for halflife is a pretty good laugh with 4/5 people...it aint easy either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Sloth

Well you only need 2 people for all of the puzzles etc as far as I know, yes its pretty tough but the fact that you keep respawning means you can run straight into the action again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

I got serious sam from a similiar post (RECOMMEND A LAN GAME)
    Ands it awesome in COOP. I hosted a few COOP nights with boards peeps (least i think they were) played 4 player on super hard and it was great fun.

Other than that Doom or a decent car game is best for 2 player fun, or the best of all Final Burn Alpha and Street Fighter 2 ( i also hosted servers for Sf2 play less said about that better tee hee hee) on lan check out Emulator board for some help on getting any old game running on your PC.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Counter-Strike against bots :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

WC3!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Serious Sam, both of them rock on co-op.

Any of the C&C games make for a good laugh aswell.

Sven co-op is good with 4 people (2 peeps tends to leave you respawning, which isnt much fun, doing it without dieings great tho)

Aint tried Doom yet tho, im the only one in our wee LAN group that plays it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

serious Sam rocks as a co op esp if you crank up the game difficulty.

Mobile forces is good as Co op as in you drive I'll blow the b*stards up .

and last but no means least UT

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

Age of mythology is pretty good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

Civ 3 is the most fun ive had in a long time multiplayer. You need the expansion pack to play it though.

A

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Mutz

I've played BF1942 on Coop for a short while - its good fun.

Also IL2 Sturmovik - Flying Coop with a wingman against aces is great

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

Serious Sam 1&2 and i'd say Hidden & Dangerous would be good too

was more looking for first-person shooter coop games rather then RTS... :)

Advertisement