Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F1 2015: Round 17 Mexican Grand Prix

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

The cars are so fast this year, but that may be because I'm fast forwarding every race. What a dull years racing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

McHonda wrote: »
    "No gust of wind", what an ass.

Indeed, what a douche. I find Lewis incredibly obnoxious.

Between this and the "it's not easy being my team mate" comments (because he's such an incredible driver of course) it's really hard to like the guy.

Would love to see someone put the pressure on him in the championship. I think we'd see the same old cracks appear then.

Here's hoping Ferrari can make some gains over the winter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

OSI wrote: »
    The only WDC I don't remember being an utter dick when they were on top was Button. It comes with the mentality needed to win.

I'd add Hakkinen too. The gust of wind comment from Lewis was a bit of a sly dig alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,260 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

The only WDC I don't remember being an utter dick when they were on top was Button. It comes with the mentality needed to win.

Hill, Hakinen and Button seem like decent enough fellas that didn't act like complete tools in winning.
    Hamilton really has stepped up the bullsh1t in the last couple of weekends.
    His head is so far up his own arse now.

Its hard being my team mate.

Nico shouldn't be down. There is nothing to be down about. It's all good man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

True I guess, but I don't recall any WC being such a d1ck about their team mates.

Have to laugh at Lewis' "music career" too. I'm sure those around him telling him he's great aren't at all interested in using his money for a music label or anything.

And his column for the BBC reads like something a 16 year old valley girl would write.

Really wish the comparisons with Senna would end. I guess it's just the UK's media's spin along with Hamilton harping on about it, but apart from some statistics, there isn't much to compare in my opinion.

As you can tell, I'm not a fan :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

HighLine wrote: »
    I'd add Hakkinen too. The gust of wind comment from Lewis was a bit of a sly dig alright.

Going back a bit but I'd add Keke Rosberg to that group. That said he was never really on top in the season that he won and scored no points in the previous season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭CFlat

I watched the PC video posted here and LH complimented NR for how well he drove all week-end and that he couldn't catch him during the race(mentioned how little downforce he had when he got close which we've heard from all drivers over the years). If that was Massa he'd be moaning his ar$e off about how it was some one else's fault blah blah and the 'new' Kimi not taking responsibility for that lunge in Russia, jaysus.

Yea, that jibe was maybe uncalled for but I think he was still upset about the radio message. He's not f**king robot lads. I actually like his passion and Id take him any day over Rosberg and those Schumacher-esque moves he pulled last year especially that crap he pulled in Monaco.

BTW I'm an Alonso fan, which is not a very enjoyable experience this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

McHonda wrote: »
    "No gust of wind", what an ass.

Seemed uncalled for alright. When I read the posts I was expecting the comment to be made in jest to Nico, but the way it was delivered just sounded crass. There's no salvaging that relationship at this point. I have a sneaky suspicion Lewis is pee'd at the team for the forced stop, and he might have felt they wanted them to finish in the order they were in. I think the second stop came in handy for both Mercs in the end

Advertisement