Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Des wrote: »
    That kid got the short straw imo.

Evans and Gibson for jaysis sake.

Would it really be that awful if whatever he had was contagious?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Would it really be that awful if whatever he had was contagious?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

@DTguardian: Ferguson's programme notes for Boxing Day: Glazers have made transfer money available but no need for him to spend it #MUFC”

@DTguardian: Ferguson: 'Contrary to what some people seem fixated about, money for a transfer is not a problem if I deem it necessary.' #MUFC”

@DTguardian: Ferguson: 'I will not be swayed by the endless tweets and blogs urging the club to get busy in the transfer market' #MUFC”

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,946 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

@DTguardian: Ferguson's programme notes for Boxing Day: Glazers have made transfer money available but no need for him to spend it #MUFC”

@DTguardian: Ferguson: 'Contrary to what some people seem fixated about, money for a transfer is not a problem if I deem it necessary.' #MUFC”

@DTguardian: Ferguson: 'I will not be swayed by the endless tweets and blogs urging the club to get busy in the transfer market' #MUFC”

:(

Wonder what Fergie's Boards name is?!

Mars Bar wrote: »

Conno16.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Has to be Mitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Tbh I don't think there is much point in buying in January unless the player is really going to make a difference.

I be happy to wait till Summer to buy, now that we don't have to worry about CL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

mr_alan

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Giggsy11

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

Repeat of the 10/11 Champions League final on eurosport now if anyone is interested.

• Advertisement

Bodhisopha wrote: »
    Repeat of the 10/11 Champions League final on eurosport now if anyone is interested.

no thanks, ive seen it once live and thats it, not seen a minute of that game on tv and dont think ill ever watch it:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Des wrote: »
    That kid got the short straw imo.

Evans and Gibson for jaysis sake.

I thought it was scrapping the barrel a bit alright.

Ok, next batch of Phil Jones sigs rolling out.

SilverFox261:
    SilverFox261.jpg
    http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h230/mikeyt086/SilverFox261.jpg

Ix Deadmau5 (I personally love this one):
    Ix-Deadmau5.jpg
    http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h230/mikeyt086/Ix-Deadmau5.jpg

rasco1975:
    rasco1975.jpg
    http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h230/mikeyt086/rasco1975.jpg

Pro.F (must admit I love this one):
    ProF.jpg
    http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h230/mikeyt086/ProF.jpg

So I did the 3 I had next in line and felt like going for a 4th, Pro.F was next, so I'm moving through the order now, about 8 left I think.

Up next: s_carnage, markc1184, Cian A.

#PhilJonesTakeover

Jesus Mikey, you're delivering more than Santa.

Class sigs! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭Average-Ro

Fantastic Mikey, keep it up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Mikeyt086 wrote: »

Brilliance. Best Christmas present ever. Thank you so much Mikey.:D

#PhilJonesTakeover well under way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I don't have sigs turned on in my CP, but I'm now tempted to turn sigs on just to see all Mikey's fine work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

The superman one alone is worth changing your settings for. Absolute top class

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,822 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Happy Christmas lads and lassies... heres hoping the new year will be a happy and successful one for the red devils!

Now go to sleep santy is on his way :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Trilla wrote: »
    Happy Christmas lads and lassies... heres hoping the new year will be a happy and successful one for the red devils!

Now go to sleep santy is on his way :)
    +1.

Great looking sigs aswell mikey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Thanks Mikey. That's an actual boards Christmas present as far as I'm concerned!

Operation Jones is go!

Merry Christmas Unite thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭VW 1

Just to echo the others, happy Christmas, hope everyone enjoys theirs however they spend it. Thanks again to mikey, let #PhilJonesTakeover commence.

Mancini are ya listening,
    Can ya see our trophy glistening,
    You'll never take it away,
    No matter much you pay,
    Cos we''ll be fúckin lifting it in May

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

Merry Jonesmas

Can't wait for my Jones siggy Mikey. They're all looking awesome so far.

My brother got me the 1948 FA Cup Final Jersey from Toffs. So nice.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    My brother got me the 1948 FA Cup Final Jersey from Toffs. So nice.

Aw very nice indeed!

I got a United piggy bank and a calender! :D

Also, a present to myself was to lose enough weight to fit into the white 3rd jersey and I finally fitted into it this week!

Merry Christmas everybody!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭markc1184

Merry Christmas to all fellow United fans on Boards. Also to the other contributors to this superthread. I hope everyone has a great day and a safe one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

"Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson insists he is not prepared to buy in the January transfer window unless a top player becomes available."

BBC

Every time I see this kind of thing, I can't help but imagine the amount of top players who would absolutely love to come to Old Trafford, but think "well hey, if he's looking for quality and he knows I'm playing in this lesser league/team, but doesn't show interest, he obviously doesn't want me... I'll just go to Chelsea or City of the money instead of waiting".

There are so many young to middle-aged midfielders out there that are top quality. But these players cost money! Can't keep waiting for the next young Scholes to come through the youths, or teenage Ronaldo to come for relatively cheap.

Let's have a closer look at some of the German lads. Some serious quality coming from there.

carlcon wrote: »
    "Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson insists he is not prepared to buy in the January transfer window unless a top player becomes available."

well at least he is talking sense here, i normally dont agree with his transfer dealings, but this is spot on. our squad is excellent, our options are excellent, but we have a gap in the first 11 in cm. there is no point going out and paying 15m on a player, who maybe no better than giggs, carrick, cleverly and ando.

we need to spend big to get a top class player and this is not easy in january.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

well at least he is talking sense here, i normally dont agree with his transfer dealings, but this is spot on. our squad is excellent, our options are excellent, but we have a gap in the first 11 in cm. there is no point going out and paying 15m on a player, who maybe no better than giggs, carrick, cleverly and ando.

That particular line is nice to hear, yes... but as a whole, it just looks like he's not really all that bothered with replacing what we have. I think he has complete faith in that midfield, or at least enough faith to not buy better.

I think Jones could be one of the best things to happen to English football in a long long time... but the rest worry me. Fair enough, we're not going to be coming up against Xavi, Fabregas, and Iniesta this season, but City, Chelsea, and now Spurs have better midfield options than us now, and that's just not acceptable for a United team, IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,336 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

carlcon wrote: »

That particular line is nice to hear, yes... but as a whole, it just looks like he's not really all that bothered with replacing what we have. I think he has complete faith in that midfield, or at least enough faith to not buy better.

I think Jones could be one of the best things to happen to English football in a long long time... but the rest worry me. Fair enough, we're not going to be coming up against Xavi, Fabregas, and Iniesta this season, but City, Chelsea, and now Spurs have better midfield options than us now, and that's just not acceptable for a United team, IMO.
    United play a 4-4-2 despite most top teams playing a 4-3-3 most of the time. In the modern game to justify this you have to either accept that you'll be defensively vulnerable or else have two midfielders capable of getting stuck in and picking up the slack for the 4 very attacking players. There's a reason Carrick is in position to get so many interceptions, because he realises that if an attack breaks down and both CMs are forward that the defense is very vulnerable.

There has never really been a CM at United who doesn't do defensive work which is why I find signings like Sneijder and Ozil to be quite ridiculous unless Fergie plans on changing the system to accommodate them. You could look at Cleverly this season but he does work hard without the ball and won't have to drop Chico or Welbeck to get him in the team. A consistent Carrick and a slightly more attacking playmaker like Cleverly but maybe a bit more developed would be ideal. Fergie's become a bit too obsessed with young English players imo...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement