Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WEC at Silverstone Vs F1 at Silverstone 2016

Options
  • 04-11-2015 9:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Ive been to Silverstone twice over the past two years. Costs about a €1,000 - €1,100 all in based on two people sharing a hotel room.

This is just an FYI. I have decided to give WEC a go this year. I booked everything last night. Here are the costs for weekend. Fri, Sat, Sun night in hotel and weekend WEC tickets.

Hotel 142.50 (4 start
    Flights 40
    WEC Tickets 59
    Train Tickets 30.75
    Sat Bus Tickets 30
    Sun Bus Tickets 30
    Total 332.25

I think this is GREAT value. Three nights away. Two days of motorsport and pints every night :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭thegoth

Exactly. Basically paying €800 to see Lewis....

Last year the best race at Silverstone was the porsche supercup !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

And you get to see the ELMS too. That's great value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Pricing Le Mans 2016 as we speak...

Considered LeMans and priced it as well but its not cheap. It could rain all weekend (your likely camping....) and all packages Ive seem assume your bringing a car on a ferry and driving to a camping site....

Id be interested in any managed trips that take you from the airport to the Leman circuit campsite and back to the airport. Let me know if you find any please :)

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Domo1982

Hi All,

Looking to take young fella who is 10 to Silverstone next year for British GP. Not been to F1 before. Am I better off looking at a package deal with travel company or putting together a DIY trip?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Pricing Le Mans 2016 as we speak...

Booked! Ferry/campsite/entry ticket 300 a man.

Booked! Ferry/campsite/entry ticket 300 a man.
    Less than 40c for 330ml cans in Lidl on the way. :P

Really hoping to get over again next year, was fantastic last year.

Could you post the details of where you booked this ?

Ive done this a few time. This is what I find works best

1) Save your money and dont go Friday unless you want to sit and watch the cars in Maggot/Becketts in which case be there EARLY for P1 or get the seats when early when people move around for P2
    2) Stay in Milton Keynes (Fly to birmingham with a great train link or Luton with a great bus link)
    3) Buses go all morning from outside the train station. I stayed on the outskirts of the town and got a town bus to the train station every day.
    4) Bus leaves you at main gates at Luffield and leaves from there too. Loads of buses. Good queing system on way from track........

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Domo1982

thegoth wrote: »
    Ive done this a few time. This is what I find works best

1) Save your money and dont go Friday unless you want to sit and watch the cars in Maggot/Becketts in which case be there EARLY for P1 or get the seats when early when people move around for P2
    2) Stay in Milton Keynes (Fly to birmingham with a great train link or Luton with a great bus link)
    3) Buses go all morning from outside the train station. I stayed on the outskirts of the town and got a town bus to the train station every day.
    4) Bus leaves you at main gates at Luffield and leaves from there too. Loads of buses. Good queing system on way from track........

Hope this helps

Its does - thanks a million

• Advertisement
Advertisement