Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lamb Madras-Vegtables

Options
  • 09-11-2015 3:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭

So have a lamb madras curry on the go, and was just wondering what kind of veg would ho well with such s dish.

Have onion and tomatoes in the madras itself already.

Cauliflower, Courgette??? What veg would you have?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,155 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

I usually have onion, peppers, mushrooms and tomatoes in the curry. Sometimes add carrots and cauliflower (steamed) for more veg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,748 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

In general, Cauliflower is great in curries as are Chickpeas. This time of the year I also add Squash to bulk up the veg content.

Take care with Courgette as it can disintegrate depending on the size of the chunks & how long it is cooking.

Note: I add my veg to the curry when cooking & don't serve as a separate side dish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

green beans are good with a curry imo

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭twerg_85

Courgette and cauliflower are great in indian curries. Also peas.

You could dice up some potato/sweet potato/squash into small cubes. Lightly fry for a few minutes (in oil and some dry spices) and then set aside on kitchen paper. Add back into the curry just before serving to warm up ... that way they keep a nice texture.

Throw in a handful of frozen peas a few minutes before cooking finishes, adds colour and goes well with lamb.

For cauliflower, can use it instead of rice. Blitz it in a food processor and then steam it for a few minutes. Serve instead of rice, gives a great flavor. Jamie Oliver has an article on it somewhere.

F.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,155 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

we mix in cauliflower and peas in with our rice for a bit of texture

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Spinach or other greens, wilted down in a spicy tomato sauce or spiced butter or cream, probably with mustard seeds through it.
    Plus some sliced banana for the mild sweet contrast.
    A dollop of cool natural yogurt on the side, and a touch of lime pickle to sharpen up the taste buds again. Perfect Indian dinner.

Advertisement