Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amazon black Friday week

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,575 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

i did notice some things pop up during the day but they weren't exactly massive bargains but weren't on the listings a few hours beforehand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Got a kurios 7s tablet for £45, normal price £149, not great reviews but too good a price to ignore it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Yeah where were the end of day star bargains i.e. PS4 and Xbox One? ;)

Perhaps we need to wait for Cyber Monday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

I was pretty disappointed with the sales this year, last year they were great!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,953 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Is Sunday not the last day?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Is Sunday not the last day?

They have Black Friday Reloaded sales this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭cuculainn

just got the samsung UE32F5370 on amazon.de for 360 seems good deal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Cat shoes went on at 8:45 but disappeared straight away. Had added them to my basket, saw the original price. Bought them anyway and went on a chat window. They've no idea why they were deleted seconds after coming up for sale. Made up a price. They changed it to that price and gave me free shipping. Chuffed, €25 for a pair of Caterpillar Shoes. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭polydactyl

I bought the toy dinosaur feet last night but when I was checking order later I was charger full price to had to cancel them and the deal was over so couldn't re buy them. Very annoying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Cat shoes went on at 8:45 but disappeared straight away. Had added them to my basket, saw the original price. Bought them anyway and went on a chat window. They've no idea why they were deleted seconds after coming up for sale. Made up a price. They changed it to that price and gave me free shipping. Chuffed, €25 for a pair of Caterpillar Shoes. :D

They were around £30 I think when they came up yesterday so you did very well!

• Advertisement

nkay1985 wrote: »
    They were around £30 I think when they came up yesterday so you did very well!

That's the current price so you'd expect them to go down further, at least 20% Percent making it 70% Discount. You can buy them on Ebay for £22 + £.495 Post + €3.50 Parcel Motel so I did alright.

How much did the Nvidia Shield go for yesterday?
    I spotted it earlier in the day but forgot about it...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

if you are buying a couple of things in the sale, do you have to pay for one straight away, or if you add it to your basket is that it secured? i want to get the super save for over £25 spent but the first thing i bought is less than 25. can i wait and pay for it later when i get something else that brings me over 25 spent?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Pay for everything now, including postage, then when you buy the next item contact CS through live chat and they will refund the P&P costs.

You only get 15 minutes to buy the flash deals after that they are gone.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Thanks a lot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

two logitech ue 6000 at 1pm, the first one sells out the second (silver) only at 26%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

sweetie wrote: »

oops never mind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Beer Baron wrote: »

Until I got to the last line I though amazon were selling shoes for cats.

Until I got to the last line I though amazon were selling shoes for cats.

Which would have been 4 shoes for the cat making it an even better bargain. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

While there were some good deals & some reloaded inc The Dark Knight Trilogy at 45% &
    I'm reminded on certain items like Indy & Toy Story (cant remember Toy Stoy, but back at 3pm on today) when clicked on their page it lets you that you got it & now considerably cheaper!

But its been pretty dull unless there's more to come before the w/end.

Has anyone got the The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey - Extended Edition & whats it like or wait for the boxset?,
    as it'll certainly keep u busy with all the extras, but if its a good price, it may be worth it?
    I also see its the newest release since Apr this year, they dont hang around with them :rolleyes:

how much was nescafe dolce gusto coffee machine when it was on offer

http://www.amazon.co.uk/NESCAF%C3%89-Piccolo-Krups-KP100640-Pressure/dp/B003LL2FTE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1385839994&sr=8-1&keywords=nescafe+dolce+gusto+coffee+machine

mammy looking for one for Christmas

amazon tends to repeat black Friday deals again for untold stock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

All I have seen is the same stuff on a loop, reloaded every few hours. There are a few good bargains though,

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00B3SELA8/ref=ox_ya_os_product £99/€120

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B008FVP7YU/ref=ox_ya_os_product £12/€15

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00CO60WXI/ref=ox_ya_os_product £45/€54

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭skippy15

Has anyone got the The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey - Extended Edition & whats it like or wait for the boxset?,
    as it'll certainly keep u busy with all the extras, but if its a good price, it may be worth it?
    I also see its the newest release since Apr this year, they dont hang around with them :rolleyes:
    This on netflix, well the standard. So get free month watch if for free- not worth a sale price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 704 ✭✭✭LukeS_

skippy15 wrote: »
    This on netflix, well the standard. So get free month watch if for free- not worth a sale price

Some like having physical cases for their DVDs, to put in their collection. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,945 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Kurtosis

If anyone missed the Hobbit Extended Edition yesterday, it's on offer again at 4pm today, went down to £9.50 when it was reduced yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

how much was nescafe dolce gusto coffee machine when it was on offer

http://www.amazon.co.uk/NESCAF%C3%89-Piccolo-Krups-KP100640-Pressure/dp/B003LL2FTE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1385839994&sr=8-1&keywords=nescafe+dolce+gusto+coffee+machine

mammy looking for one for Christmas

amazon tends to repeat black Friday deals again for untold stock

Picked it up for around €43.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,283 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Finally got The Hobbit Extended Blu Ray.

Anyone else notice Amazon are taking a long time to deliver stuff these days? They used to be really good but now you could be waiting at least a week for an in stock item to be dispatched and not just during sales. Though ordered 2 sale items last week on Tuesday and Wednesday. Tuesday's was disptached on Wednesday and Wednesday's has been at "Dispatching Now" since Friday.
    Seems they even know it since they now say on their site that if you want guaranteed delivery by Christmas, choose standard delivery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

CastorTroy wrote: »

Anyone else notice Amazon are taking a long time to deliver stuff these days? They used to be really good but now you could be waiting at least a week for an in stock item to be dispatched and not just during sales. Though ordered 2 sale items last week on Tuesday and Wednesday. Tuesday's was disptached on Wednesday and Wednesday's has been at "Dispatching Now" since Friday.
    Seems they even know it since they now say on their site that if you want guaranteed delivery by Christmas, choose standard delivery.

I've bought two things during the sale, one was dispatched the day after I bought it, the other within a couple of hours of buying it. So I guess it just depends?

CastorTroy wrote: »

Both time i've noticed them gone in less than a min :eek:
    Compared to the steelbook & little extras it has, in which i saw was shocking!
    Maybe this time i'll get to see it in the cinema this Dec, as i've been stuck here since the last Black Fri :P

Same here, one item bought on Wednesday, dispatched yesterday,
    one on Friday & two yesterday inc The Hobbit all est delivery next Sat/Mon 7/11th Dec, it used to be quicker, either they've gotten a lot slower or it could be Christmas :)

I missed the first day of the Hobbit due to a meeting at work. Yesterday I ended up missing it as was called away from my computer not long before, so today I was there for the countdown. :)

It's not just during the sale. I ordered a couple of things last month and they took their time with the second item. Maybe they're making it so the Super Saver isn't always as fast as the other 2 options

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

I think it depends a lot too of who's supplying the item. Not everything is direct from Amazon's warehouse. Bought a lava lamp once that took almost 2 weeks. One week after buying that lamp I bought a boxset. That arrived before the Lava lamp did.
    Also it is Christmas coming up. :)

Just looking at the orders from last Dec 18, i got Back To The Future ETA time of delivery was 28th Dec, but i got an update then,
    probably came into more stock? it landed on the 24th instead was more than happy!
    But yeah i would order on Thurs & land on a Mon, maybe when it dies down it'll be back to normal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Anyone get the Monty Python boxset or see how it went? I was too busy in work and missed it :(

Some stuff I ordered on Monday arrived on Wednesday.
    I just got despatch notices for the rest a few mins ago.

They must've sent them in bulk. :) I got my dispatch mail for Wednesday's items as well a wee while ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Bought a few bits this week - am not looking forward to the credit card bill in Jan.

The plan was to buy presents for others, but ended up getting a lot of stuff for myself!

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Anyone get the Monty Python boxset or see how it went? I was too busy in work and missed it :(

I didnt get it, but it went for £20.99 with 20% off £34.99, a steal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭polydactyl

I bought the Monty set. I was thrilled as had it on my wish list as a present for husband before I ever saw it in the sale.

brettmirl wrote: »
    Bought a few bits this week - am not looking forward to the credit card bill in Jan.

The plan was to buy presents for others, but ended up getting a lot of stuff for myself!

That was me last year, learnt that lesson when i saw the bill & the only thing that made me forget it for just a while was that Home Alone was on Ch4 at the end of Jan i thought?, but what the hell!
    polydactyl wrote: »
    I bought the Monty set. I was thrilled as had it on my wish list as a present for husband before I ever saw it in the sale.

That's a very handy thing as you see it before you go for the checkout, a it tells you other items are down on price :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭bromley52

If Black Friday is finished tonite, i still see some stuff for tomoro?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,749 ✭✭✭degsie

If Black Friday is finished tonite, i still see some stuff for tomoro?

Can't wait for this to show up tomorrow...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001P5GLTI/

degsie wrote: »
    Can't wait for this to show up tomorrow...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001P5GLTI/

If the wind is right, you might get it quicker! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Cyber Monday is next.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

Will amazon uk have cyber Monday deals today?

• Advertisement

I cannot see no cyber deals on amazon ?

Advertisement