Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is Sky the only option in Enfield

• 29-11-2004 1:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Have just moved to Enfield, and am looking to get my TV set up. Phoned Chorus and they said the reception in Enfield was crap so there was no point in going with them (very honest I must say), so I was wondering if going through Sky was the only option to get any channels apart from the 4 Irish ones. There is an NTL manhole thingy outside our house, but when I phoned up NTL they said they dont service Enfield, so am not sure what that is there for. It dont necessarily want Satellite, cable would do the job or any sort method.

Anyone else out there live in Enfield and what are you using?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

If it's the UK terrestrials you're after, just put up an aerial and point it towards Belfast (or Enniskillen). Have a look at other aerials in the village. I certainly used to when I lived 10 miles north of there.

You should get good reception of BBC1 n 2, UTV, CH4 in Enfield. One-of cost of €150 or whatever an aerial costs these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Hi,

Have just moved to Enfield, and am looking to get my TV set up. Phoned Chorus and they said the reception in Enfield was crap so there was no point in going with them (very honest I must say), so I was wondering if going through Sky was the only option to get any channels apart from the 4 Irish ones. There is an NTL manhole thingy outside our house, but when I phoned up NTL they said they dont service Enfield, so am not sure what that is there for. It dont necessarily want Satellite, cable would do the job or any sort method.

Anyone else out there live in Enfield and what are you using?
    Finally Chorus are admitting they are crap. I am impressed. They must finally be listening to the phone calls.

Where in Enfield are you? I know some of my neighbours have Chorus digital and it works fine.

I have Sky, but some of my other neighbours have a big mad ariel that they paid someone a once-off payment to get UTV/C4/BBC. I would check the Golden Pages for some installers - they should be able to advise you better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭cullenswood

tom dunne wrote:

Where in Enfield are you?

I'm in Rathdale in Enfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I'm in Delmere, and most of my neighbours can get Chorus. Have look around your estate - see if there are any Chorus ariels - they are square, with a slight bump and a horizontal, er, thingy sticking out in the center.

Try rining Chorus again, you might get someone else who might not be as honest. biggrin.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bigpaddy2004

I was a Chorus installer about 2 years ago, and Enfield was one of the town's I would have installations to do in. That manhole with ntl written on it, is actually the tap from the chorus main feed to your houses. You were obviously talking to a muppet in Chorus. Ring them again and maybe this time you will talk to someone with a bit of intelligence.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

why in the name of all things sane would you want to go with Chorus. Just do a search for Chorus on boards.ie and see what kind of crap you will be subjected to if you go with them. Sky is the way to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Don't neccesarily want to go with Chorus, was just wondering what the options were.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Tony

From chorus to Sierra Paddy, frying pans and fires spring to mind:D :D
    I was a Chorus installer about 2 years ago, and Enfield was one of the town's I would have installations to do in. That manhole with ntl written on it, is actually the tap from the chorus main feed to your houses. You were obviously talking to a muppet in Chorus. Ring them again and maybe this time you will talk to someone with a bit of intelligence.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bigpaddy2004

Ah no Tony, I have gone from bad to better....no matter how bad they are :D
    One has to start somewhere....no matter how low it mean's you have to go.!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Ah no Tony, I have gone from bad to better....no matter how bad they are :D
    One has to start somewhere....no matter how low it mean's you have to go.!!!

your right, fair play to you

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Advertisement
Advertisement