Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Moving to Ratoath

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Baggies

dialemma wrote: »
    Hi Baggies

Did you say your children are 1 and 3? Mine too, well almost 2 and 4. We moved out over a year ago and hope to buy here soon but if you want any tips on child-care etc send me a pm

Emma

Hi Emma

7 & 3 so its primary school and the little one is doing free pre school hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 49 dialemma

Yeah my 3 year old about the start the pre school hours come September as well. One is in Millview and one in Foxlodge, both love where they are, so all good. Next to decide between the Schools though both seem to have a good reputation.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭duffalosoldier

Guys, I'm trying to get details on the best way in and out of the city. I'm working in Ballsbridge so while the buses are fine, they only bring me to Beresford Place or Merrion Row in one case. The train from the M3 parkway is a pain because of the change-over to a packed Maynoith train and standing for an hour. Somebody did suggest driving to Ashbourne and getting the Direct service which is supposed be excellent but I'd have to get a parking space for the day without being clamped . Any suggestions would be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Obrieski

There are plenty of spots to park in Ashbourne without getting clamped. You can park in the underground or multi storey car parks in the town centre free of charge. Only problem with Ashbourne at the minute is the massive road works going on at the nine mile stone end of the town which are causing massive tailbacks. There are some bus eireann buses which go to UCD in the mornings, the 7.30 from Ashbourne and 8 from Ashbourne being two to mention, don't know whether they start in ratoath or not.

On a better note, the Ashbourne Connect service which is a new direct service into the city has recently made known that they are expanding and will be putting on services from Ratoath in the near future. Don't know exact dates but they are on facebook if you search for it and the details are there i believe

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭duffalosoldier

Brilliant. That's great to know. Will check it out for sure. Thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Codie2011

Hi just seen your post ,just wondering did you move to ratoath yet ,my reason for asking is that I'm living in north Dublin and want to move to ratoath and I've been looking at houses for sale and steeplechase seems to be a nice area with lots of greenery ,would you recommend it ,thank you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 49 dialemma

Hi Codie, yes we are living here 3 years now, we bough in Woodlands and so far all is good. Ratoath has so much to offer for kids, lots of activities, good schools etc. The commute for me back into North Dublin is very doable and we are delighted we moved. I don't know a lot about Steeplechase but it is definitely well maintained and has lots of green space. You could try going the Ratoath Noiceboard on Facebook and ask there if any Steeplechase residents have any tips or advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Codie2011

Ah hi thanks for your reply ,I don't know much about ratoath but a few of our friends live there in foxlodge manor and coil y beig (sorry can't spell it) and milltree but steeplechase looks nice ,is there a train station nearby as my daughter goes to school in raheny she will be in 4th yr secondary when we hope to move ,she doesn't wanna change school but if it's hard to get there then I'll have to consider changing and was told ratoath college is good ,

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Celtic Runner

Codie2011 wrote: »
    Ah hi thanks for your reply ,I don't know much about ratoath but a few of our friends live there in foxlodge manor and coil y beig (sorry can't spell it) and milltree but steeplechase looks nice ,is there a train station nearby as my daughter goes to school in raheny she will be in 4th yr secondary when we hope to move ,she doesn't wanna change school but if it's hard to get there then I'll have to consider changing and was told ratoath college is good ,

Hi Codie, we didn't move to Ratoath in the end but from what I can remember when we were checking out the area and doing dummy runs with transport into town etc was that the M3 parkway station is a 10 min drive from Ratoath and the Dunboyne stop a similar distance away. I'm open to correction though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭mojesius

Hijacking the thread :)

Moved to Ratoath a couple of months ago from d15. Love the area so far but curious if there are any tips for areas in the vicinity for walking dogs off lead? Been walking them through the estates on leash and bringing them to phoenix park or st Catherine's a few times a week for a run around. Any closer parks/areas nearby for energetic dogs.

A few locals told me that they used to be allowed in the racecourse but due to owners not picking up poo, they're no longer allowed. Rathbeggan lakes , seems they're not allowed either. Any tips appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Metalpanic

mojesius wrote: »
    Hijacking the thread :)

Moved to Ratoath a couple of months ago from d15. Love the area so far but curious if there are any tips for areas in the vicinity for walking dogs off lead? Been walking them through the estates on leash and bringing them to phoenix park or st Catherine's a few times a week for a run around. Any closer parks/areas nearby for energetic dogs.

A few locals told me that they used to be allowed in the racecourse but due to owners not picking up poo, they're no longer allowed. Rathbeggan lakes , seems they're not allowed either. Any tips appreciated!

Have you heard of Balrath Woods? I have only been twice and I cannot remember if dogs are allowed off lead or not though. I know of a local kennel owner who brings dogs there.

http://balrathwoods.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭mojesius

Thanks metalpanic. Yeah we've been there alright. Lovely walk but leads only due to the flora and fauna ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Doyle26

Hello,
    We are considering purchasing a property in Steeplechase, the estate seems lovely and well maintained. Does anyone have insights into mgmt fee costs? Would you recommend it as an estate to start bringing up a family in?
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭Jennypops

Steeplechase is a fab estate to live in, its quiet enough and very well maintained. Mgt Co are really good now, not so hot at the start but as the development has matured and people are paying their mgt fees you can really see the works going on every year to improve & maintain.
    Seems to be lots of families living here and tonnes of green space for the kids to play.

Been living here for 13 years so if you need any more info just drop me a PM :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Mtk2018

Hi everyone , any views on the new Broadmeadow Vale estate?thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Dave_Geoghegan

Hi. My girlfriend and I are looking at houses around somerville and steeplechase in ratoath. Is anyone here living in either of these estates. Looking for information on the build quality of the houses and is there any known pyrite issues in the area? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭beetlebailey

Hi. My girlfriend and I are looking at houses around somerville and steeplechase in ratoath. Is anyone here living in either of these estates. Looking for information on the build quality of the houses and is there any known pyrite issues in the area? Thanks

I’m in Somerville and I would avoid at all costs, houses are really poor quality,for example we can hear our neighbors boiling a kettle or flicking a light switch.Also a lot of rented property and plenty of teenagers hanging around top of estate and the bridges.

Can’t comment on Steepechase but houses and estate are better quality and finish than Somerville although some areas seem quite overcrowded.

Ratoath is a nice enough area in general although it has deteriorated in recent years and the plans for high density apartments opposite tescos and next to St. Paul’s primary school won’t help.

The lack of a Garda station and only two pubs, one of which attracts s certain type of individual means l be looking at Dunshaughlin.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Movinghousenow

Hi,

I'm actively looking at moving to Ratoath and just wondering what is it like to live in.

I noticed lots of cameras at the entrance to Brownstown estate, if someone could shed some light on that please?

Thanks so much

Advertisement