Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Oven heat from my Stanley Super80

Options
  • 24-01-2013 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

Installed a Stanley Super80 a few months ago .No matter how good the fire is the oven is getting no heat what so ever .Not enough to even keep food warm .Really strange.Lots of hot water alright from a wrap around boiler.The old range was massive to send heat to the oven and great for driving heat all over the room by leaving the oven door open slightly.
    Thanks you .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

lenny1020 wrote: »
    Installed a Stanley Super80 a few months ago .No matter how good the fire is the oven is getting no heat what so ever .Not enough to even keep food warm .Really strange.Lots of hot water alright from a wrap around boiler.The old range was massive to send heat to the oven and great for driving heat all over the room by leaving the oven door open slightly.
    Thanks you .

In order to get good heat from the oven you must be sure that the rear baffle is closed in order to force the heat over the top of the oven, down the right hand side of the oven and out to the flue via the exit at the rear bottom, in order to make sure that can happen this route must be kept clean by removing the 2 round plates on the right of the hotplate and cleaning all soot and crud down to below the oven, you then open the small cleaning plate just at the bottom of the oven inside the door, use the cleaning rake to pull out the crud and leave it clear to the exit and the rear, you may now need to remove the square flue plate on the top, 2 screws, and clear and clud laying in there.

And remember, a solid fuel stove is only as good as the fuel you put in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭lenny1020

What exactly is the rear baffle.I am useless at this .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

lenny1020 wrote: »
    What exactly is the rear baffle.I am useless at this .

On the Super 80 you have 2 knobs, i believe the one on the right controls the rear damper, (Just a door really!) pushed fully in is closed, assuming its not burnt away and so constantly open.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭Cerco

As far as I remember there are removable plates in the firebox which can limit the heat going to the oven. They are heavy metal plates with ridges on them. They are simply hung on lugs in the firebox.
    Try removing them and check result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Dtp79

Cerco wrote: »
    As far as I remember there are removable plates in the firebox which can limit the heat going to the oven. They are heavy metal plates with ridges on them. They are simply hung on lugs in the firebox.
    Try removing them and check result.
    Think they were for limiting the heat to the boiler in the summertime so the oven could be used without having hot rads on a hot summers day. I could be wrong. I'm no expert on these cookers

• Advertisement
Advertisement