Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Richard Whiteley Countdown Gotcha

Options
  • 06-10-2011 1:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

Bloody hell.........:eek:

A rude seven....:pac:

And one of Rachel Riley for good measure.....

Ok, one more.........

:pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Yum. Big improvement on Carol Voderman

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Richard Whiteley - a true gent of the screen he was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 spurskiely

Any idea who Jeff Stelling replacement is

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Chris Kamara.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭PK2008

And one of Rachel Riley for good measure.....

Ok, one more.........

:pac::pac::pac::pac:

GOD DAYUM!!!!

I gotta start watching Countdown

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,788 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Richard Whiteley - a true gent of the screen he was.
    +1

What a shame that Richard Whiteley died of Pneumonia. :(

Still - he went out with a 9 letter word and used all the vowels. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭thee glitz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭mongoman

I haven't watched Countdown since poor Richard passed away. But after seeing Rachel Riley, she might just draw me back. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

I used to love Countdown when Richard Whitely hosted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

Brilliant, forgot how much I liked that fella

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭clonadlad

I have to start a countdown watches
    The American was easily the worst film I've ever seen.

And Your Ocean Films aren't far behind.....you suck.

Chris Kamara.
    Apprentice star Nick Hewer to host Countdown

Nick Hewer, Lord Sugar's advisor on BBC One show The Apprentice, has signed up to present the next series of Countdown, it has been announced. The 67-year-old will replace outgoing host Jeff Stelling and join maths whiz Rachel Riley and words boffin Susie Dent on the show.
    Hewer said he was "flattered to have been asked to present such an iconic programme".

He will be seen by viewers on Channel 4 from 9 January.
    Stelling announced in May this year he was leaving the quiz show after less than three years in the hotseat to concentrate on his presenting role at Sky Sports.
    Hewer has risen to fame since appearing as Lord Sugar's aide on The Apprentice for the past 6 years.

'Unique style'
    The former PR consultant said he would "work hard to justify sitting in the same seat as such great talents as Jeff Stelling, Des O'Connor and, of course, the great Richard Whiteley".
    "It's particularly fitting that I should be doing this now as my spelling has started to slip quite badly. I used to be able spell chrysanthemum," he added.

Channel 4 chief creative officer, Jay Hunt, said: "Nick will be a fantastically charismatic host for Countdown. He is sharp and funny and has a real twinkle in his eye."
    Countdown executive producer, Peter Gwyn, added: "I can't wait to see him bring his unique style and humour to this iconic format.
    "With Nick at the helm and our 30th birthday next year, we've got some very exciting times ahead for Countdown viewers."

Countdown was the first programme broadcast on Channel 4 when it launched in 1982.
    Originally fronted by the late Richard Whiteley, Des Lynam took over as host in 2005 followed by Des O'Connor a year later and then Stelling in 2009.

Advertisement