Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

RasTa wrote: »
    Well it's getting more true if this nonsense has came from a Newcastle Mod as you claimed.

I'm not sure if the source is genuine, but that's what was mentioned. No surprise it was discussed in the LFC thread. The ban was under discussion well before the appeal verdict was announced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭ironbluedun

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Not liking Mad Pablo should result in an automatic forum ban tbh.

no not harsh enough, they should be forced to watch a 3 hour dvd of stoke in action....that will sort them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

Until then it's pessimism central for me.

still finding ti hard to get out of the "Typical City" way of life? until the seasons over, ill have a sense of dread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭DoctorGonzo08

What a complete bell end Beckham is. Mario is gracious enough to help him out with a signed shirt for his son. Would love to see Mario post a pic of him wiping his arse with one of Beckham's sarong's.

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/oddballs/886802-david-beckham-wipes-nose-with-man-city-shirt-after-meeting-mario-balotelli#ixzz1j0I0xAgN

What a complete bell end Beckham is. Mario is gracious enough to help him out with a signed shirt for his son. Would love to see Mario post a pic of him wiping his arse with one of Beckham's sarong's.

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/oddballs/886802-david-beckham-wipes-nose-with-man-city-shirt-after-meeting-mario-balotelli#ixzz1j0I0xAgN

expect nothing else from a pig but a grunt.

• Advertisement

kompany talks about the red card
    Manchester City captain Vincent Kompany has issued a response to his failed appeal against a red card picked up during Sunday’s FA Cup derby defeat to Manchester United.

The Belgian was sent off after just 12 minutes for a challenge on Nani by referee Chris Foy, with the FA turning down the defender’s appeal on Tuesday and upholding his four-game suspension.

Kompany then took to his personal Facebook page to offer what he described as “a moment of reflection” on what he sees as the possible beginning of a spate of red cards for similar issues.

He said: “I appealed because I obviously completely disagreed with the interpretation of the officials on the day but that happens in football and we move on.

“I wonder, though, if we are now going to see an unprecedented wave of red cards on matchdays because we sanction ‘ifs’ and ‘maybes’? Are we going to look back at video evidence for every single challenge that goes unnoticed by the officials, look at different scenarios and potential outcomes of what could have been considered a good tackle and then sanction it?

“Players and managers are starting to expect more sendings-off from referees and I think it's for the wrong reasons.

“My understanding is that English football prides itself on the hardness, the fairness and the tradition of its game.

“That is why hundreds of millions of people tune in to watch Premier League football and English referees have always been a key factor to that success in my opinion. So I don't agree with people saying that referees in this country aren't doing well as I think they are the best in the world.

“Hopefully common sense will prevail again in the future and I for one hope not to see consistency in sendings-offs and suspensions when the intent of a player is to win the ball.

“I'd like to add to this that I waited for the suspension to be confirmed before making any comments on the matter as I didn't want to give the impression that I was using the media as a tool to benefit my own personal agenda in this case.

“I'm not speaking on behalf of the club or anybody else, this isn't me defending myself, this is just me raising a genuine concern.

“If football fans decide I'm wrong in raising these concerns then I will have no problem in accepting the fact that times are changing again for our game.”

The 25-year-old's statement drew differing responses from readers on the social network site.

"Well said Vinny. We will miss you for the next four games, no doubt. As you say, we want consistency but we don't want a league bereft of the physicality any more than we do unnecessary injuries," said one commenter.

However, another reader strongly rejected the City captain's words, declaring: "This is rubbish, Vincent. You jumped in two-footed and off the ground with your studs up and you endangered the safety of one of your fellow footballers by doing so.

"You simply cannot do this any more, regardless of whether you get the ball or not. You should know this as referees will have explained it to you at the beginning of the season. It was a blatant red and now you move on."

Another commenter agreed that the physicality of English football should be preserved, saying: "Yeah, I watch the EPL because of the toughness and pride players take in their skills. The EPL is slowly becoming a non-contact sport and it disgusts me. There were many other tackles in that same game that were much worse."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I thought we were atrocious last night:(

We really need to find another Silva type player quickly

You would have to class Nasri as a Silva Type Player. He justs needs to step up. Maybe he will now that Silva isn't in the team, like when he shone at Arsenal when Cesc was out. I thought he played much better last night than I have seen of him. He came looking for the ball and took on some of the responsibility to attack. Problem was he was picking it up too deep.

I'd be more concerned about the fallout from the Johnson tackle. If the players start to get hung up on any tackle in the next few games they will spend far too much time watching 'injustice' rather than going out to win the game. We also have to carry the fact that it looks like the Utd defeat has rocked us. Really need to get it together against Wigan. If we don't we will find ourselves out of another cup and possibly 2 - 3 pts behind in the league after the Spurs game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

its a couple of bad losses in a short space. need to get back to winning ways, need the newer players to step up (Nasri in particular, im not impressed with his from since getting here)

we need silva back for our important games against wigan and spurs....not sure how long he is out for though.....richards has to play in the centre now, and bring in zabba, i think (hope) mancini will do that for the league matches, if he does we will be better at the back.
    as said savic is too raw and inexperienced, but he will be a good defender in the future.

• Advertisement

I wouldn't buy into the Savic bashing. I think the guy is going to be quality in the future. Can't wait to see him come through and take up his place beside Kompany. He's only 21.

Would have loved to have kept Boateng though. Could you imagine how good City would be at the back with him and Kompany at centre half. Can't understand why Bob insisted on playing him as a RB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

You would have to class Nasri as a Silva Type Player. He justs needs to step up. Maybe he will now that Silva isn't in the team, like when he shone at Arsenal when Cesc was out. I thought he played much better last night than I have seen of him. He came looking for the ball and took on some of the responsibility to attack. Problem was he was picking it up too deep.

Didn't Nasri make his debut starting with Silva and ended up with 4 assists? I thought the two played really well that day, so I think they can play together.

I think the problem with Nasri is that he needs to be playing regularly in order to show form. He doesn't appear to be like Johnson, who starts maybe 1-2 games per month, makes another 4-5 sub appearances and ends up with a few goals and some assists.

Nasri is left out so much because like Johnson, he just doesn't do enough defensively. Needs to work harder and it'll come together. I think Nasri will end up being a very important player for City.

I wouldn't buy into the Savic bashing.

no i would not bash him either, but he is not ready yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Hi lads, could someone tell me the extent of Silva's injury? How bad is it and how long might he be out for? thanks

Hi lads, could someone tell me the extent of Silva's injury? How bad is it and how long might he be out for? thanks

All still speculative but it is assumed he will be back for the Spurs game, but will prob sit out the Wigan game on Monday.

he is expected to be back soon, possibly for monday's game.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/7423992/

Apparently Mancini hopeful Silva will return for Wigan game. Can't see why he would rush him back for this with Spurs and 2nd leg of the cup in the following 9 days. I would imagine it would be a sub start at best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Nasri played the best I've seen him in a city shirt, though admittedly that's not much.

Savic grew into the game, he was much better by the end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

I thought we were atrocious last night:(

We really need to find another Silva type player quickly
    Agreed; we were very poor last night. Liverpool battered us for the first 15-20 minutes, and if it wasn't for Joe we'd be already definitely out of the tie (instead of ''probably''!), but after that they seemed happy enough to sit back and defend the lead. And, to be honest, they did that very comfortably. As regards a Silva Mk II player, we already have one. It's time for Samir to step up to the plate; he is a fantastic player, but he has been underwhelming since his arrival. Yet, oddly enough, he's in the top 4 in the PL for assists. He just doesn't seem to impose himself on games. I would leave Merlin on the bench on monday night to make sure he's fully recovered for the Spuds game the following weekend. This will also give Samir the chance to build his confidence up against a (supposedly) ''weaker'' side.

blueser wrote: »
    Agreed; we were very poor last night. Liverpool battered us for the first 15-20 minutes, and if it wasn't for Joe we'd be already definitely out of the tie (instead of ''probably''!), but after that they seemed happy enough to sit back and defend the lead. And, to be honest, they did that very comfortably. As regards a Silva Mk II player, we already have one. It's time for Samir to step up to the plate; he is a fantastic player, but he has been underwhelming since his arrival. Yet, oddly enough, he's in the top 4 in the PL for assists. He just doesn't seem to impose himself on games. I would leave Merlin on the bench on monday night to make sure he's fully recovered for the Spuds game the following weekend. This will also give Samir the chance to build his confidence up against a (supposedly) ''weaker'' side.

i thought we looked very tired last night, milner looked knackered 5 mins in, the schedule has been hectic, crazy really. if silva aint 100% then he should miss the wigan game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

i thought we looked very tired last night, milner looked knackered 5 mins in, the schedule has been hectic, crazy really. if silva aint 100% then he should miss the wigan game.
    Very true. Tired, and leaderless. Not too many played anywhere near their normal standard; Joe, Micah, Nigel (to a degree). After that I'm struggling.

great to get the three points against wigan, but will have to play better to get something from the spurs game. as city are weakened they will come and have a real go at city.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Manchester-City-Stats-reveal-Samir-Nasri-creates-most-chances-per-minutes-played-in-Premier-League-article855414.html
    Manchester City midfielder Samir Nasri will be back to haunt old foes Tottenham in Sunday's first v third showdown.

After suffering a mid-season dip in form, the £24million summer signing from Arsenal star has rediscovered his touch to become officially the most effective playmaker in the Premier League.

Nasri destroyed Spurs on his City debut at White Hart Lane last August, setting up three goals in a 5-1 win.

He may have lost out on the man-of-the-match bubbly to four-goal Edin Dzeko that day, but the France international certainly served notice of the devastating threat he can pose when on top form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Should be a great game of football on Sunday

would take a point now

amiable wrote: »

That's mad. You wouldn't realise it from watching him. Nice little boost to know before the game on Sunday. Time to shine Samir!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,898 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

So much man love :o

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jan/22/magician-david-silva-manchester-city?CMP=twt_gu
    Strange as it may seem, I don't think we are under enormous pressure, because we are the ones on top of the table. The pressure is on those chasing us. As long as we can stay at the front we don't have to worry about that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

Guy is a legend, best player I have seen play for us.

I seen Noel Gallagher said recently he preferred kinky to him, not even a contest in my eyes despite kinky being one of my all time fave players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,822 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

POKERKING wrote: »
    Guy is a legend, best player I have seen play for us.

Best player in the league imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

What an outstanding game lads??????!?:D

Balo getting the penalty in the dying end of the game was truly the icing on the feckin cake...... Sweetness personified:p

C'mon now the Gunners!!!!

Xavi6 is gonna enjoy watching this one when he wakes up!!;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

Phew we got away with it! At 2nil we should of pushed on and won 3 or 4 but then Savic showed his immaturity. Spurs didnt create much until then and i was confident we would win comfortably. i dont think we can afford to play Savic on Wed, its Zaba or onouaha for me with Richards centre half.

Great win and a super sunday so far cmon the gunners and lets have a 6 pt lead!

Ps Balotelli will defo get a 3 match ban and its last thing we need.

Also one of Nasris best game since he joined, i have been critical but well done today.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement