Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Funny Side of Religion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

sionnach wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olKlFDN5dNk

Hilarious yet infuriating stuff.

I don't find that remotely funny...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

In fact, to me at least, it looks like public and legal child abuse :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

It has its moments. The herbivorous T-Rex and disregarding an exhibit as "a good fairytale but poor science" while they get their 'facts' from the greatest fairytale ever told were particularly amusing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Somebody oughta teach them a lesson... BibliDino style!

the_ruiner.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Eglinton

Incredibly infuriating but not hilarious. Child abuse, as mentioned previously.

• Advertisement

That's disgusting.

housemate_atheist.jpg

atheist-ghost-buster_thumbnail.jpg

atheist-sex.jpg

Not very funny, but they might get a laugh or two!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

http://awesomegodrave.ytmnd.com/

Someone linked me this ... the sad thing is I think I've danced like this myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Goduznt Xzst

cutbible.png

From my favourite religious-themed webcomic :)

2008-12-14.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

picture-1.jpg?w=455&h=246

page1_1.jpg

Don't know if any of you listen to this guys videos. I find him excellent and have been following him for ages.

Here's his website:

http://www.patcondell.net/

and a full list of his videos:

http://godlesscomedy.blip.tv/posts?view=archive&nsfw=dc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

page1_1.jpg

Don't know if any of you listen to this guys videos. I find him excellent and have been following him for ages.

Here's his website:

http://www.patcondell.net/

and a full list of his videos:

http://godlesscomedy.blip.tv/posts?view=archive&nsfw=dc
    Have a look at "take you god and shove it."

MrP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Overblood

George Carlin - Religion is Bullsh*t. Absolutley brilliant!:)

What´s funny about the above video: If you type the word "Religion" into the searchbar in youtube, this is the first video that comes up!!! HAHAHA absolutley ROFL!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

i am going to start a company with offices world wide!

and as a perk.....all emplyees get free board near where they work *

wish me luck

*to ensure high profilts i am going to enforce the fallowing rules

1) employes are not allowed to marry or have kids, and i get all their property when they die

2) my customers must use my services at least once a week

3) my customers must not use contraception.

4) customers must make sure their kids will use my service at least once a week too

5) service is something that customers (phisically) wont be able to report if they dont get it

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,396 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

This looks like it could be pretty funny.

Also watched Religulous last week,very funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭pinksoir

Mickeroo wrote: »
    This looks like it could be pretty funny.

Also watched Religulous last week,very funny.

Fixed for you...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

de243f99f2ed42c4a4ec3981830caaca.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,396 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

pinksoir wrote: »
    Fixed for you...

Thanks bud:o

churchweiner001.jpg
    How dirty minded are you? :pac:

According to the Bible, if you are hurt in the gonads, you can't get into heaven.
    "He that is wounded in the stones, or hath his privy member cut off, shall not enter into the congregation of the LORD. A bastard shall not enter into the congregation of the LORD; even to his tenth generation shall he not enter into the congregation of the LORD."
    --Deuteronomy 23:1-2

Mad eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

Overblood wrote: »
    According to the Bible, if you are hurt in the gonads, you can't get into heaven.

Mad eh?
    I thought your thread in afterhours had great potential

Heheh, yeah I was getting ready to unleash that quote plus many others. Reading through passages of the bible just makes me think "wtf?" over and over and over again.

Try it. Start reading the bible on any page and it's not long before you come across pure insanity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Overblood wrote: »

Mad eh?

Oh that's great. I get cancer, have to have one lobbed off, now I can't get into heaven. Sounds like God has it in for me.

No wonder I'm an atheist.

Don't mind getting a testicle lobbed off, the passage specifically said "wounded in the stones", so a slight bruise/blemish is enough to have you banished to hell. Very nice of the 'ol chap innit?

020809DarwinCOLOR5.jpg

Probably should go in the US Politics forum, but that place never fails to boil my blood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭Phototoxin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

"He that is wounded in the stones, or hath his privy member cut off, shall not enter into the congregation of the LORD. A bastard shall not enter into the congregation of the LORD; even to his tenth generation shall he not enter into the congregation of the LORD."
    --Deuteronomy 23:1-2

Hmm - I'd be more worried about the idea that if you have any ancestors born out of wedlock in the last 10 generations (up to your great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grandparents) you're pre-damned.

Also, I wonder if Bobbit qualifies or not?

cordially,
    Scofflaw

20071003tx0.gif

24bopw7.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

Has this been posted before: christwire.org?

cordially,
    Scofflaw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Clip needs sound.

Link

Hagar wrote: »
    Clip needs sound.

Link

:D I love Colbert

• Advertisement

nihilism.png

038.png

comic57.jpg

jesus-fear-love.jpg

islam_tolerance.jpg

An Intelligent Design versus evolution board game. Fun for all the family!

http://www.livingwaters.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=201&category_id=13&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=199

(I think this is actually real)

If Atheists Were the Majority

This is what it would be like, if the majority of people were athiests.
    ATHIEST KID: Mom, I'm going to go **** a hooker.
    ATHIEST MOM: Okay, son.
    ATHIEST KID: Afterwards, I'm going to go smoke pot with my friends, since it's "not addictive."
    ATHIEST MOM: Okay, come home soon!
    The athiest kid leaves the room. The father comes home from work several minutes later.
    ATHIEST DAD: Hey!
    ATHIEST MOM: Hi, honey! I'm pregnant again. I guess I'll just get another abortion, since "fetuses don't count as human life."
    ATHIEST DAD: Okay, get as many abortions as you want!
    ATHIEST MOM: Oh, and don't go in the bedroom.
    ATHIEST DAD: Why not?
    ATHIEST MOM: There are two gay men ****ing each other in there.
    ATHIEST DAD: Why are they here?
    ATHIEST MOM: I wanted to watch them do it for awhile. They just aren't finished yet.
    ATHIEST DAD: Okay, that's fine with me!
    Suddenly, their neighbor runs into the house.
    ATHIEST NEIGHBOR: Come quick, there's a Christian outside!
    ATHIEST MOM: We'll be right there!
    The athiest couple quickly put on a pair of black robes and hoods. They then exit the house, and run into the street, where a Christian is nailed to a large, wooden X. He is being burned alive. A crowd of athiests stand around him, all wearing black robes and hoods.
    RANDOM ATHIEST: Damn you, Christian! We hate you! We claim to be tolerant of all religions. But we really hate your's! That's because we athiests are hypocritical like that! Die, Christian!
    THE END
    Scary, isn't it? If you believe that, its even more scary

Some other good links from that site that I thought where good:

http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Atheism

http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Atheist_Doctrine

http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Reasons_to_become_an_atheist/the_sensible_version

http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Christianity

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Some other good links from that site [...]
    From the article on christian logic:
    Some guy wrote:
    When interpreting the bible, it's important to remember that all the stories are supposed to be taken literally except for the ones which are not supposed to be (an example of this is when the Bible says the earth was created in six days). One can determine what parts are literal by relying on an intricate analysis system that consists of guessing, thinking about it picking out what is convenient for you or seems nice and dandy, taking a bit or more of what your parents told you when you were a young child, or what one of your christian friends tells you is definitely true for sure, or best of all, what's shouted at you in a big building in the big voice of a big man who is thumping his pulpit and asking for you for donations for the lord. Also all parts of the Bible are true until it becomes obvious that they aren't and then a miracle happens and they immediately become things that were never meant to be taken literally to start with.

One of the best cases against God (pretty funny too) by astrophysicist Neil De Grasse Tyson:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

^^ That is good! ^^

I note Dawkins in the audience, and watched this clip which is from the same event. Interesting as what Tyson has to say, the last line is the funniest thing I've ever heard Dawkins say. :)

If that don't work:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_2xGIwQfik

Dades wrote: »
    I note Dawkins in the audience, and watched this clip which is from the same event. Interesting as what Tyson has to say, the last line is the funniest thing I've ever heard Dawkins say. :)

I kept on rewinding that bit over and over again it was so funny!!

"If you don't agree you can fachaff!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

thou shault not take the lords name in vain

translation

God and Jesus are trademarks of the Catholic Church LTD.

its a bit like if microsoft said you can't complain about windows

or kellogs if said you must like all bran

A report written by 95-year old chap in the Vatican's Department of the Bleedin' Obvious has suggested that women are more prideful than men who are hornier than women.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7897034.stm

"Men and women sin in different ways", explained a different guy.

2h6yet5.jpg

Behold...The Atheist Apocalypse in all its mightiness.

In the latest in a long string of shocking appeasements and sell-outs, the UK's Telegraph has "reported" that another muslim-centered religious "argument" has blown up in the UK. This time, it's over where libraries should put people's holybooks.

Symbolically demonstrating the different memetic approaches of the two religions, Muslims want their holybook on the highest bookshelf and above everything else, while christians want their own particular holybook to be lower down and within reach of everybody. Apparently, some believers have been running around bookstores moving the books around the place according to their religious beliefs.

Way to go lads.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I suppose I'd be stating the obvious that the only fair solution is to have them displayed alphabetically in the fantasy section.

Dades wrote: »
    I suppose I'd be stating the obvious that the only fair solution is to have them displayed alphabetically in the fantasy section.
    Oh, that they were filed in the bin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

This website came up on a stumble today, I really liked this post though
    Seems to me that Christians worship the incredible shrinking god. I mean at one time it was supposedly capable of flinging thousands of billions of galaxies into existence with a mere thought. By the time of Noah, it was reduced to flooding an insignificant speck in the cosmos. By the time of Moses, its best trick was moving a tiny portion of a minor sea aside for a short while. By the time of Jesus, it has to send a delegate on its behalf who leaves behind only rumors that he was able to turn water into another beverage, or render himself extra buoyant. Now it counts as a miracle if a water stain grows mold that kind of looks like a bearded face which could be claimed to resemble this supposed delegate. How much more pathetic can this god get? How do Christians manage to sing praises of its glory and greatness without feeling like fools--or at best, like new parents gushing over their toddler's ability to make a pee. -- Kronk

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement