Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CK706 public health degree in ucc?

Options
  • 04-01-2015 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

I'm thinking about doing this course but i want to hear more about it from people that do it what's the course content like? would you say it's difficult? and also what jobs could i get after(without having to do a furthur degree)?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Molojan

Laur33 wrote: »
    I'm thinking about doing this course but i want to hear more about it from people that do it what's the course content like? would you say it's difficult? and also what jobs could i get after(without having to do a furthur degree)?

Hey, I'm actually thinking about doing the same course myself. Just wondering if you got any info about it by private message or anything ?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Laur33

Molojan wrote: »
    Hey, I'm actually thinking about doing the same course myself. Just wondering if you got any info about it by private message or anything ?

No I didn't unfortunately, I don't think there's a lot of people doing it so it's hard to find information. Also I find the information they give on the UCC website pretty vague seeing as the course is nothing like anything we'd do in school. Anyway I did ask my careers teacher about jobs afterwards and she said it's very broad and you can end up doing something random like HR or you could be working for the HSE (which is pretty obvious anyway).

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭rorrissey

I actually have some friends in first year Public Health, so far they are really enjoying it. There's quite a bit of work to do, a lot of assessments, projects and presentations. They do modules in stats, human environment, epidemiology, physiology and loads more, that's all I can remember off the top of my head. It seems to be a pretty interesting degree from what they say about it, and like you already said there are a lot of different career opportunities. You could go into nutrition or HSE or anything really. I think next year they are bringing in that you can study a language as a module, which is great! There are placement opportunities abroad and in Ireland as well.

Hope that helps, I'm just going by what I remember my friends saying about it. :)

Advertisement