Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WIFI issues!

Options
  • 25-03-2015 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭

Having intermittent WIFI issues on my Macbook Pro (non-retina, 2012 model). Web pages sometimes fail to load, or only partly load. However the same pages will load perfectly on my iPhone. Thankfully I have Apple Care so going to try getting it in for service soon - no repair service anywhere near me and cant afford to be without my Macbook for too long. Rang Apple today and the support worker couldn't seem to pinpoint what was wrong, thought it was something to do with different bands on my router and was trying to separate the bands (??? - not sure if I'm remembering that correctly) but as I couldn't get my Macbook to connect to the internet and I couldn't screen share from my phone, he couldn't figure out how to change the settings.

I think this is a Yosemite issue as prior to upgrading all worked perfectly!

Anyone else struggling with this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I had to separate the bands on my router for my MacBook Air and it worked. All was working fine for months and then intermittent issues connecting. But it'd either connect or not connect. Not for some web pages.

I'll try to find the help pages but it may not help you as I'm with bt infinity in the uk.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭glack

Thanks Gordon but I use my computer on a number of different networks and having the same issue on a quite a few of them. Its all web pages that fail to load but only sometimes. And if there is another device connected to the network, all generally works fine but when its just the macbook it keeps disconnecting. As I was saying to the support person today, fixing my own router would be great but doesn't solve my issue when I'm not at home! Upgrading to fibre in a few days which will mean a new router so hopefully that will work better in my house.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Changing my DNS settings to googles public DNS sorted this issue for me.

Advertisement