Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pioneer cdj's info

Options
  • 09-01-2012 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭

probably going to purchase an set of cdjs over the next few weeks, used to have a set of cdj800's about 6 years ago, back then there was really only the 800's and 1000's, now theres the 350, 850, 900 and 2000's, is there really much difference between them mixing wise, i mean i know theres a massive difference in features of the 2000 to the 350 but for just straight up mixing is there really a difference, the main thing id want to know is are the pitch increments the same on each deck, am i selling myself short buying cdj350's, bare in mind i have no interest in hot cues or any other exta features, all i want to do is load a cd in, cue up and start beatmatching.

cheers for the help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭DrGreenthumb

as for the mixing the cdj 350 has a resolution of 0.02% like the 1000's,
    the 800's had a 0.05% resolution,

from what i can see all the newer pioneer stuff has the 0.02% pitch resolution at 6% range, in this day and age your better off getting one that supports usb as burning cd's can be a hassle where as loading a usb drive only takes a few mins

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭brianc27

sound nice one, the cdj 350 has a usb connectivity, hadnt really thought about that though

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

The 850 has a much better platter than the 350. Its pretty much the same as the current 1000 from what I've read.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

sound nice one, the cdj 350 has a usb connectivity, hadnt really thought about that though

The 850 has USB connectivity as well, but the 350 can be used as a midi controller to utilize any software, where the 850 can only use it for playing music via the Pio Reckordbox software.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

was.deevey wrote: »
    The 850 has USB connectivity as well, but the 350 can be used as a midi controller to utilize any software, where the 850 can only use it for playing music via the Pio Reckordbox software.

I'm open to correction, but it goes one better and is HID compatible. Which means you can connect by USB to Traktor. Much better than MIDI.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭2tek

ironclaw wrote: »
    I'm open to correction, but it goes one better and is HID compatible. Which means you can connect by USB to Traktor. Much better than MIDI.

Yes you are spot on. CDJ 850 has HID connectivity with Serato and Virtual DJ. Not so sure about Traktor though.

@Brian I think the 350/850 will be all you need. You can also look around for some 400s too. They have USB, can control Serato and Traktor natively.

You ll only be using your jog wheel for nudging tracks and cueing.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭brianc27

went with the 350's in the end, its a bit **** that theres no waveform on the display, not even a visual representation of breakdowns like what was on the old cdj 800's, but sure i should know my tracks well enough to know whens a good time to mix in or out, other then that they are grand, easy to mix on and nice and compact

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

brianc27 wrote: »
    went with the 350's in the end, its a bit **** that theres no waveform on the display, not even a visual representation of breakdowns like what was on the old cdj 800's, but sure i should know my tracks well enough to know whens a good time to mix in or out, other then that they are grand, easy to mix on and nice and compact

Was using them in the Shaw recently, not a bad deck at all...

Advertisement