Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coolmine ticket office closed due to robbery

Options
  • 23-01-2008 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭

My wife just boarded at Coolmine (11:52 to Pearse). The Gardai are at the station and the shutters for the station are closed. A sign on the shutters explains that it is closed due to a robbery. Tickets to be purchased on arrival at Pearse (hopefully she doesn't call me complaining about a ticket fine).

I hope there weren't any injuries.
    Scumbags. :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭dodgyme

Glad your wife wasnt caught up in it. They probably hit it just after the morning runs to town when the cash is built up

• Registered Users Posts: 78,278 ✭✭✭✭Victor

dodgyme wrote: »
    They probably hit it just after the morning runs to town when the cash is built up
    Fools game. Few cashiers have more than €100-200, everything else gets dropped in a safe as you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭daymobrew

I took the train to work today (wimpy me doesn't like to cycle in the rain anymore) and saw that Coolmine station is missing one of its TVMs (Ticket Vending Machines). The cashier said that it was stolen!!

That's a heavy piece of kit! Maybe it was one of the people here who was done for not having a ticket. :p

Advertisement